• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Ability to edit posts

Just Jim

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hi, this is a great forum layout and very easy to use, but may I request an ability to edit posts? Sometimes when I post a thread I often want to add more information in my opening posts that I didn't think of before posting.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
This has already been suggested before, however that suggestion was before benefactor accounts were added, so I'll use this thread to clarify the matter.

In order to have the ability to edit your posts, you must upgrade to a Benefactor account here:

This upgrade allows you to edit your posts within a timeframe of up to 24h from when the post was created.

I will likely never allow users to edit their posts beyond 24h or especially not indefinitely due to the potential for content erasure which is devastating to a content based website like WF.

Just Jim

Neophyte
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I guess I will have to plan what I write more before I post. I understand the risks of post deletion.