• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Attempted Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterfly Affect

Neophyte
Reaction score
Been somewhat aware of magic for a long time, but have never really put much into practice. It's been... something 7-9 years since I've seen anything related to it. I tend to have been more familiar with otherhuman communities but again, not in a long time. I don't really have any magic items with me at the minute but I've debated whether starting with a tarot deck. (Unless you count pen and paper as magic items...)

Also don't mind the username or icon too much, I can never decide what to use.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Pen & paper can be magick. Writing is part of inner magick. Distilling who you are out of what you have done.

You might consider giving the I Ching a try as a supplement/alternative to tarot. Get a good commentary like Legge's and read up online how to derive the hexagrams.

Butterfly Affect

Neophyte
Reaction score
Pen & paper can be magick. Writing is part of inner magick. Distilling who you are out of what you have done.

You might consider giving the I Ching a try as a supplement/alternative to tarot. Get a good commentary like Legge's and read up online how to derive the hexagrams.
Why the I Ching specifically? I figured tarot might be better for something entry level.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Why the I Ching specifically? I figured tarot might be better for something entry level.
Just a suggestion. Tarot has always given me confusing messages. The I Ching has often hit the nail on the head. (This might be because I have lived getting on to a quarter century in China. Local geomantic influences and all.)

Butterfly Affect

Neophyte
Reaction score
Just a suggestion. Tarot has always given me confusing messages. The I Ching has often hit the nail on the head. (This might be because I have lived getting on to a quarter century in China. Local geomantic influences and all.)

Geomancy. And maybe a bag of beans or a stick and some dirt.
I would try it, just that 90% of the time I'm surrounded by cement, and I'm not sure how doing that in a park would affect it...

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I would try it, just that 90% of the time I'm surrounded by cement, and I'm not sure how doing that in a park would affect it...
The idea is to "connect" with the Earth, I imagine. It might be worthwhile. Though in and around the city I live, even the ground looks, well, tired. Stick a knife or shovel in the ground and you'll like as not hit broken brick or shattered glass bits. With regret I look back on my old college TA, Miss Ann Throap. I should've listened to her more and sooner. In any case, if you can find some peaceful strip of nature, try there and see if any difference is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.