• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Blue Lotus experiences

Everyone's got one.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Smoked 1 gram in the form of a joint. Smoking brings on effects much faster than drinking/eating: 10 minutes or less.

Combined with caffeine just because it was in the morning so I'd had coffee.

Duration: about 90 minutes

Effects: unhelpful!

I was kind of dopey: I took this for ritual work and found I had to grasp for words and occasionally got them tangled ("that I may be a more Holy vessel for my perfect Daimon")

Visualisation required more concentration than usual to maintain.

My body felt heavier, which was a positive during meditation, more grounded. Sense of time was unaffected.

It increased my heart rate measurably but not worryingly (above what caffeine alone does), which is interesting given the other depressant-like effects. I wonder if that's why it's helpful for vivid dreams, the mix of down-ness with CNS arousal.

It's worth noting that I respond non-normally to drugs fairly often, so YMMV

I'm gonna try it for dreaming at some point - I don't mind being dopey when I'm asleep

I'm also going to try it as flowers soaked in wine, and in the evening so there's no caffeine (ie, mixed with a downer instead of an upper).

The effects I had today are not worth repeating, but not so unpleasant that I mind gambling again with some changed factors. (Also, just the experience of smoking anything is kind of unpleasant, although it's a fair bit milder than an ordinary cigarette)

(FYI Blue Lotus is legal everywhere except Russia, Poland, some of the Baltic states and the US state of Louisiana.)

tag @stratamaster78

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Smoked 1 gram in the form of a joint. Smoking brings on effects much faster
Good that you at least had some results!
Last year I did a week or so of experimenting with various herbs etc. I got a little bottle of blue lotus extract. First I took the suggested 3 - 5 drops under the tongue: nothing. Went up to 12 and still nothing.
Later, to give it another try, I got about a gram of the resin and (it is suggested to dissolve it in a bottle of wine and then drink the bottle - which is ridiculous 😄)
I smoked it, first a quarter, some days later half a gram. Can't say that I noticed much.
Thank you for the report👍

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
First I took the suggested 3 - 5 drops under the tongue: nothing. Went up to 12 and still nothing.

Oh yeah I was saying this to Stratamaster, magicians tend to wildly underdose (as opposed to people taking things recreationally, who demand noticeable physiological effects rather than magical effects)

A standard dose is 1-2g smoked or 5-8g soaked in a glass of wine for a couple of weeks. I super don't trust those "200:1" extracts because I don't think you can get the active ingredient that concentrated, without like a pharmaceutical company behind it anyway.

(And yeah drinking a whole bottle of wine is out for me, jfc)

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Glad you started a topic for this and that you had some measurable results.

I’ve been meaning to come back and report that I had to discontinue using the Blue Lotus because while I did find it a bit helpful for staying ‘in the zone’ of trace I had some side effects.

For me it tended to mimic some of the lesser desirable side effects of Opioids and for me that’s not tolerable.

It’s a shame since I found it helpful in Ritual.

Though now I also understand why some find it helpful for sleep and pain relief.