• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Getting Chipped

Everyone's got one.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I imagine this could go in Technology, Politics, even the Lounge. So if this thread is, as it were evicted, I unnerstand.

Anyhow, I know a Harbin Russkie here who calls himself Nayrad. He opines that the coming brain chips will be used, amongst other things, to make magickal workings impossible. He insists that sufficient malcontentment is what drives aeonic change and that chipping will be used, literally, to end history. Earth as an aphid farm, if you will. The window for salutary rage is, according to Nayrad, fast slamming shut. 'Course, yeah, what's one more drunk white guy know?

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
05B49189-3D00-407B-917B-E827B74B9692.jpg
Tell Nayrad this already happened way back in 1666 when the heretic Patriarch Nikon got the pious Orthodox to start crossing themselves with three fingers, to the rejoicing of demons everywhere

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i met nikons sister in aisle 9, i asked her name and she said nokia. that was way before the rest started listening to trump saying bloodbath, no kia!
since we are talking fingers, btw. did you know in eurasia, the asia part makes a heartshape sign of love how the european side signs money.
studio-shot-of-an-unrecognisable-man-rubbing-his-fingers-together-against-a-yellow-background.jpg

we are many.....

Aeternus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I imagine this could go in Technology, Politics, even the Lounge. So if this thread is, as it were evicted, I unnerstand.

Anyhow, I know a Harbin Russkie here who calls himself Nayrad. He opines that the coming brain chips will be used, amongst other things, to make magickal workings impossible. He insists that sufficient malcontentment is what drives aeonic change and that chipping will be used, literally, to end history. Earth as an aphid farm, if you will. The window for salutary rage is, according to Nayrad, fast slamming shut. 'Course, yeah, what's one more drunk white guy know?

Well, I personally don't agree with microchips or getting chipped.

And, sometimes, technology can limit powers of magic workings (some EMP detectors for example can detect auras, or jam some electro signals that auras emit). So, in terms of people in power who would use technology such as microchips, I personally wouldn't see it as a good thing.

Not a good thing in general in fact since, when did humanity need tags or microchips (or even an internal microscopic device) for doing a magic working, back in the 90s for example :lol:

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
From what I can see, the people who volunteer for this are not the kind of people who will be doing magic anyway.

Plus, why bother going to the incredible expense of invasive brain surgery on a planetary scale when you can just bullshit people into acting against their own interests, like happens already.

Thirdly, these kind of spoutings always assume a level of technology that just doesn't exist yet (at which point someone always says "blah blah blah aliens blah blah blah").

With the amount we currently understand about human consciousness (hint: it's almost nothing), the only way you're going to stop people working magic is a lobotomy.

Shaman

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards

Well if you ever get a chip, you're an idiot.. But I got a feeling such stuff will be normalized in the future, disgusting.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
From what I can see, the people who volunteer for this are not the kind of people who will be doing magic anyway.

Plus, why bother going to the incredible expense of invasive brain surgery on a planetary scale when you can just bullshit people into acting against their own interests, like happens already.

Thirdly, these kind of spoutings always assume a level of technology that just doesn't exist yet (at which point someone always says "blah blah blah aliens blah blah blah").

With the amount we currently understand about human consciousness (hint: it's almost nothing), the only way you're going to stop people working magic is a lobotomy.
Agreed. My working assumption is that soon enough, chipping will be mandatory, like vaccines and that ilk.
Post automatically merged:

A lobotomy? You looked at popular entertainment and school textbooks lately?
Post automatically merged:

05B49189-3D00-407B-917B-E827B74B9692.jpg
Tell Nayrad this already happened way back in 1666 when the heretic Patriarch Nikon got the pious Orthodox to start crossing themselves with three fingers, to the rejoicing of demons everywhere
On sale now, Xingtian's hit single: "Whistling Past the Graveyard." (As performed on the Titanic!)