• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

how would you curse a place you hate really bad?

Ithir

Neophyte
Reaction score
like, if you used to live in a place which left so many bad scars on your person and you slowly developed a deep sense of hate (because of the environment, of the people, etc), and eventually you got the chance to leave it, what’d be your course of actions?

Vandheer

Disciple
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
There are some good Gallery of Magick books about that. I am sure they are shared here already.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Some places---e.g., Shreveport, LA---are so murderously merkin-ball fekked up that the worst you can do is just let them be.

Besides are you sure you want to curse the place? Or the people infesting it? I recall a Sunnah of the Prophet Mohammed that forbids the faithful to cut down fruit-bearing trees or poison wells when making war. Even the old tale about the Romans sowing Carthage's fields with salt is false. (The locale suffered naturally-occurring saline seep.) The geldgreedy mundane are already paving the planet for strip malls. Can you think of any worster curse?

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Tommy Kellie (creator of the 40 Servants deck) had a video about this - a place where he was mugged and badly beaten as a kid, leaving him pretty traumatised and freaked out about going out at night.

(He didn't curse it but he found a way to deal with it / rob it of power)

Post automatically merged:

I'd be cautious about a curse because if a whole neighbourhood or a school or whatever - there are probably still victims there suffering the same shit you did, who you wouldn't want to curse.

If that's the situation, a spell of protection cast over other people currently suffering what you suffered might really help you (as well as them). You'd be becoming the protector you deserved back then.

That would be my personal course of action. "What do I wish someone had done for me then? How can I do that now?" and I would do whatever that is for myself right now, and for the other people in my situation if I could.

(Curse optional if I could be sure of not hurting innocents)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
I would:
Print logo of said company and place between a table of Saturn and beneath a black candle.
An etched name of company or names of managers on candle, by hand and needle.
Have Dragons Blood incense.
Light em, feel fury over company.
Scream the curse and how it is to be delivered and why.
Let it all go and let the incense and candles burn.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
modified sign of the enterer
trance wyrd energy to rend the space further
bardonian breath some malice or such
basically the opposite of banishing so
evoke not particular audience but the baddies in general (100% sure there are scripts for that)
Hekate works.
sigilize it somewhere in the area eg the spookiest tree
leave without closing or any of the additional eti...ettiquet...pleasantries.

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I've heard of one method that just gives me chills the more I've thought about it over the years. Can't recall where I found it, it's a strange one. Probably something chaos magick.

Go to the place you want to curse. Record some general audio, just whatever background noise happens to be there.
Then add some awful sounds to the audio track. Nice and quiet like, they should blend in with the background, not cover it up. These sounds should be things like glass breaking, screaming, fire crackling...
Then go back to the place and play the modified recording out loud. Maybe you even drop off a cheap stereo playing it on repeat.

Apparently it does the trick.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
how WOULD we go about cursing a place?
I'm not much of a curser so I'm probably not very good at it. (And my likely second-guessing if it was really the right thing to do would weaken it more). Since I have a good relationship with Mercury, probably something like Mercury Retrograde on steroids would go well. And might work better on a complicated system like a workplace than it would against an individual

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I've heard of one method that just gives me chills the more I've thought about it over the years. Can't recall where I found it, it's a strange one. Probably something chaos magick.

Go to the place you want to curse. Record some general audio, just whatever background noise happens to be there.
Then add some awful sounds to the audio track. Nice and quiet like, they should blend in with the background, not cover it up. These sounds should be things like glass breaking, screaming, fire crackling...
Then go back to the place and play the modified recording out loud. Maybe you even drop off a cheap stereo playing it on repeat.

Apparently it does the trick.
Damn, this sounds hardball. I'd say medieval, but I'm betting Torquemada would've drawn the line short of this.

I'm thinking my neighbors of yesteryear were inadvertently cursing the locale with their booming hip-hop. You know that Bosch painting with a flock of crows flying out of a guy's ass? Imagine that translated into sound.

denis

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
in liber falfixer I u can find a ritual to curse a place

Reaction score
like, if you used to live in a place which left so many bad scars on your person and you slowly developed a deep sense of hate (because of the environment, of the people, etc), and eventually you got the chance to leave it, what’d be your course of actions?
can’t recommend Earl Raum enough. takes away everything from a “king” and ruins their reputation. in this case your “king” would be the place and people you mentioned.
Post automatically merged:

I would:
Print logo of said company and place between a table of Saturn and beneath a black candle.
An etched name of company or names of managers on candle, by hand and needle.
Have Dragons Blood incense.
Light em, feel fury over company.
Scream the curse and how it is to be delivered and why.
Let it all go and let the incense and candles burn.
probably will deviate from this a bit, but thank you for reminding me that i have a former employer whose sketchy practises, distaste for worker’s rights and animal rights violations is just BEGGING to get double teamed by demonic forces.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I would campaign for it to be twin-towned with Basingstoke.

"Our town wasn't twinned with anywhere, but we had a suicide pact with Dagenham"

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I recall reading how in certain countries in/ around the Balkans (Romania, Bulgaria, etc) an orthodox bishop might put a village under a curse if the locals really annoyed him (like murdering a priest or something). Basically did to the village what God did to Job.