• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Monroe's technique

Bo Hanson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Monroe's technique is another good method for AP-OBE I learned through the years.

MONROE'S TECHNIQUE

Step one:
Relax the body
According to Monroe, "the ability to relax is the first prerequisite, perhaps even the first step
itself" to having an OBE. This includes both physical and mental relaxation. Monroe does not
suggest a method of attaining this relaxation, although Progressive Muscle relaxation, coupled
with deep breathing exercises are known to work well.

Step two: Enter the state bordering sleep.
This is known as the hypnagogic state. Once again, Monroe doesn't recommend any method of
doing this. One way is to hold your forearm up, while keeping your upper arm on the bed, or
ground. As you start to fall asleep, your arm will fall, and you will awaken again.
With practice, you can learn to control the hypnagogic state without using your arm. Another
method is to concentrate on an object. When other images start to enter your thoughts, you have
entered the hypnagogic state. Passively watch these images. This will also help you maintain this
state of near-sleep. Monroe calls this Condition A.

Step three: Deepen Condition A.
Begin to clear your mind. Observe your field of vision through your closed eyes. Do nothing
more for a while. Simply look through your closed eyelids at the blackness in front of you.
After a while, you may notice light patterns. These are simply neural discharges. They have no
specific effect. Ignore them.

When the light patterns cease, you have entered what Monroe calls Condition B. From here, you
must enter an even deeper state of relaxation, which Monroe calls Condition C- a state of such
relaxation that you lose all awareness of the body and sensory stimulation. You are almost in a
void in which your only source of stimulation will be your own thoughts.
The ideal state for leaving your body is Condition D. This is Condition C when it is voluntarily
induced from a rested and refreshed condition and is not the effect of normal fatigue. To achieve
Condition D, Monroe suggests that you practice entering it in the morning or after a short nap.

Step Four: Enter a state of Vibration.
This is the most important part of the technique, and also the most vague. Many projectors have
noted these vibrations at the onset of projection. They can be experienced as a mild tingling, or
as is electricity is being shot through the body. Their cause is a mystery. It may actually be the
astral body trying to leave the physical one. For entering into the vibrational state, he offers the
following directions:

1. Remove all jewelry or other items that might be touching your skin.
2. Darken the room so that no light is seen through your eyelids, but do not shut out all light.
3. Lie down with your body along a north-south axis, with your head pointed toward
magnetic North.
4. Loosen all clothing, but keep covered so that you are slightly warmer than might normally
be comfortable.
5. Be sure you are in a location where, and at a time when, there will be absolutely no noise
to disturb you.
6. Enter a state of relaxation
7. Give yourself the mental suggestion that you will remember all that occurs during the
upcoming session that will be beneficial to your well-being. Repeat this five times.
8. Proceed to breathe through your half-open mouth.
9. As you breathe, concentrate on the void in front of you.
10. Select a point a foot away from your forehead, then change your point of mental
reference to six feet.
11. Turn the point 90 degrees upward by drawing an imaginary line parallel to your body
axis up and above your head. Focus there and reach out for the vibrations at that point
and bring them back into your body. Even if you don't know what these vibrations are,
you will know when you have achieved contact with them.

Step five: Learn to control the vibrational state.
Practice controlling them by mentally pushing them into your head, down to your toes, making
them surge throughout your entire body, and producing vibrational waves from head to foot.
Practice this until you can induce these waves on command. Once you have control of the
vibrational state, you are ready to leave the body.

Step six: Begin with a partial separation.
The key here is thought control. Keep your mind firmly focused on the idea of leaving the body.
Do not let it wander. Stray thought might cause you to lose control of the state.
Now, having entered the vibrational state, begin exploring the OBE by releasing a hand or a foot
of the "second body". Monroe suggests that you extend a limb until it comes in contact with a
familiar object, such as a wall near your bed. Then push it through the object. Return the limb by
placing it back into coincidence with the physical one, decrease the vibrational rate, and then
terminate the experiment. Lie quietly until you have fully returned to normal. This exercise will
prepare you for full separation.

Step seven: Disassociate yourself from the body.
Monroe suggests two methods for this. One method is to lift out of the body. To do this, think
about getting lighter and lighter after entering this vibrational state. Think about how nice it
would be to float upward. Keep this thought in mind at all costs and let no extraneous thoughts
interrupt it. An OBE will occur naturally at this point.
Another method is the "Rotation method" or "roll-out" technique. When you have achieved the
vibrational state, try to roll over as if you were turning over in bed. Do not attempt to roll over
physically. Try to twist your body from the top and virtually roll over into your second body
right out of your physical self. At this point, you will be out of the body but next to it. Think of
floating upward, and you should find yourself floating above the body. Monroe suggests you
begin with the lift-out method, but argues that both are equally efficacious.

KYleBALION

Neophyte
Reaction score
I was told to be care full of Munroe stuff, but I've listened to the tapes and it does some magical things.
Same here, the gateway experience is available on YouTube for free / hemi-sync.
A couple of friends have tried this out and stated the results have been mind-blowing,
one even claimed he successfully had his first projection within a week of doing so.
Post automatically merged:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

this is the channel

Last edited:

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
It's been suggested that the vibrations ultimately interfere with astral projection, so I'm not quite what to make of it. Producing them isn't merely uncomfortable, I worry that they might give me a heart attack.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It's been suggested that the vibrations ultimately interfere with astral projection, so I'm not quite what to make of it. Producing them isn't merely uncomfortable, I worry that they might give me a heart attack.
Maybe you worry too much. With some exposure to said vibrations, you should get used enough to them that elevated BP and heart beat are not a problem. If you're in normal health, it takes a hell of a lot to induce a heart attack.

Mars

Neophyte
Reaction score
With the help of others I set up a Torrent containing the original waves(levels) in .flac, the original handbooks, the revised files and also included are the CIA handbooks and ressources.
While some are on youtube the quality isn't ideal (thats a youtube thing) and it's not complete. Also it's better to have all that stuff yourself offline. Illumination should be free.

Torrent:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:49f8df67df2f78ecbda1a41a4c8b4c854ed6bf02&dn=Remote%20Viewing&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce

Original thread on Agora Road:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
Post automatically merged:

This is the first gate. You need to rise above that. You need "to die" once. And astral projection is dying in a sense. Your soul leaves the body the same way. Take confidence in knowing that having it experienced once you are concious when it happens "for real", with no going back. In this body that is.

See the Bardo Thödöl for example.

"...it matters not if this takes months or years. If you lack the strength or find this condition too hard, consider what other excellent things in human life you can direct your attention to, besides Magic" -Julius Evola

Last edited:

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
With some exposure to said vibrations, you should get used enough to them that elevated BP and heart beat are not a problem.
Does the Monroe technique raise your heart rate / BP?

I would have thought the deep breathing and relaxation would lower it

(I have a genetic condition that means I do have to be a bit careful of this stuff - I don't do Tummo breathing or wim hof method for eg. But relaxation is neutral or good.)

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Does the Monroe technique raise your heart rate / BP?

I would have thought the deep breathing and relaxation would lower it

(I have a genetic condition that means I do have to be a bit careful of this stuff - I don't do Tummo breathing or wim hof method for eg. But relaxation is neutral or good.)
I think the worry is that, when vibrations kick in most people get a good bit antsy. Such does my reading of Monroe's technique suggest. I've never gotten anywhere trying to practice the technique.