• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Music; Aletheia

ABigGoy4U

Neophyte
Reaction score
I'm curious as to other people's experiences with music & revelations.

I'm a fervent believer that Ween has been tapping into the Oneness & revealing the path for a long time. They woke me. Though prior to them, i also got quite a lot from Modest Mouse & countless other bands. I was blinded at the time but I felt they prepared me through exposure so to speak. It seems it's impossible to make music without tapping in to some degree, almost as a side effect of the exposure to beauty.

Not that it's limited to any specific band or song (The Argus pt3 or just 'The Argus - from Ween's Quebec album or 'White pearls, black oceans - Sonata Arctica' is a strong contender though - perhaps not of true divinity but lighting the path towards it)

I feel like music is the greatest 'channel' of true 'divinity' - Beauty - Aletheia & I'd like to hear from others on the topic.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I feel like music is the greatest 'channel' of true 'divinity' - Beauty - Aletheia & I'd like to hear from others on the topic.
I think that art is, and that different art forms speak to different people more powerfully. So for you it's music, and for someone else it might be painting, and those are both equal ways of accessing divinity through beauty, even though music is a better channel for you

The Bob Dylan song "Dignity" has always felt divine and relevatory to me - you could replace every use of "dignity" for "god" if you wanted.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

(If you've only heard his main hits, you might not be aware how mystical some of his songs are)

Dylan lyrics are impressionistic - even though it's the lyrics that are meaningful, the value doesn't come from "decoding" them, you don't go "the blade of grass is a reference to x, and the dog soldiers are a reference to Y" - it's more the resonance that's built up in layers as you listen to it

Changing of the Guards is another one with a lot of spiritual power for me
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I should say it's a platform.
Both the artist and the observer may channel "something"
it's merely a question of what works for the individual,

so in that context, a tool.
I have a few books on music and magick but haven't gotten around to reading them yet
hit me up if you want names but i think there are one or two in the library atm