• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Patterns on the floor

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
Hi all, Ave,

So, with rope and duct tape, I am going to construct a pentagram on the floor with the altar facing the apex.
Around the circle, I'm going to tape paper around the rope and carefully and tediously try to write the 216 lettered name of God on it, and hang elemental quarter glyph banners on the walls as a note to where I face.
Any problems with this method you foresee?

Thanks, Care,

Nocte Ac Die, Diluculo

Side note - have to retrieve magic items from last apartment. So will take a while. Plus imgur uploads are restricted for some reason.

Alternatively, Id considered a reverse Sorcerers Seal (a pattern used by Koetting for Kingdoms of Flame, OAA and Works of Darkness).

What it is is a apex down pentagram, with a large water triangle coming across its arms and down past the apex. A ceremonial magician would use certain evocation practices without shortcuts (including use of enns).

However, as a magician of light, it would have to be apex up facing East with a fire triangle protruding past the apex.
Or just a simple pentacle or pentagram.

Last edited:

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Yay, wizARTS and witchCRAFTS. I had a large heptagram on the floor once, looked really magicky.
What annoys and distracts me more than anything is when I see that a figure I made is wonky or the angles aren't correct.
With a compass you can make a nearly perfect pentagram, and if you use a piece of string (with a nail and some chalk) as a compass, you can make large pentagrams, hexagrams, heptagrams etc on the floor.

For the circle: make sure your string is SIX units of length (meter, yard, mile)
For the pentagram: make sure your string is SEVEN units of length (milimeter, inch, Lightyear)

Reaction score
Awards
Nothing to add really (no clue about anything Koetting does) but brought back some memories. Years ago I had to work on top of hotel carpet. A lot of twine, paper, and a box of pins to hold the twine and pieces of paper in position. It got the Solomonic job done.

-Eld

Reaction score
Awards
Nothing to add really (no clue about anything Koetting does) but brought back some memories. Years ago I had to work on top of hotel carpet. A lot of twine, paper, and a box of pins to hold the twine and pieces of paper in position. It got the Solomonic job done.

-Eld
Cool, these replies give me hope that it can be done. Koetting sorcerer seal was.introduced in his OAA book, and is a downward pentagram with a water triangle touching the upper triangles and extending below the apex of the single pentagram point.
Regardie and Crowley were adamant that in the LRH, never two overlaid water triangles, nor ever a downward pentagram.
So incompatible system patterns perhaps, but I knew feral sorcery could work. :) Thanks.