• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Powerful elemental banishing

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Go to East, trace pentagram from Air element outwards and vibrate into it "Shaddai El Chai".
Go to South, trace pentagram from the Fire element outwards and vibrate into it "Yod-Hey-Vav-Hey Tzabaoth".
Go to West, trace pentagram from Water element outwards and vibrate into it "Elohim Tzabaoth".
Go to North, trace pentagram from Earth element outwards and vibrate into it "Adonai Ha-Aretz".

Go to centre of circle and vibrate "Before me Raphael, Behind me Gabriel, on my right Michael, on my left Uriel, for about me
flames the pentagrams and in the middle the six rayed stars!" Remember to do 3 hexagrams, one on top of the head, one at Tifaret and one at Malkuth.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
When I read you vibrate Shaddai El Chai in the East I thought you'd do all directions with a "counterpart" (assuming Luna / Yesod is West).
Why did you use Adonai ha Aretz in the North?

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
When I read you vibrate Shaddai El Chai in the East I thought you'd do all directions with a "counterpart" (assuming Luna / Yesod is West).
Why did you use Adonai ha Aretz in the North?
Been taught that East - > Air, South -> Fire, West -> Water, North Earth.

Adonai Ha-Aretz means Lord of Earth.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, sorry early morning. Shaddai El Chai is the God name of Yesod (Luna, water) So when you trace a banishing air in the East and vibrate the name associated with Yesod I assumed you were banishing with Water.
Which kinda makes sense as the banishing pentagram of air is the same as the invoking pentagram of Water.

Therefore I expected you'd do the other compass directions with the God name that is opposite of the element associated with it.

Sorry for my confusing babble.. it's finally weekend

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, sorry early morning. Shaddai El Chai is the God name of Yesod (Luna, water) So when you trace a banishing air in the East and vibrate the name associated with Yesod I assumed you were banishing with Water.
Which kinda makes sense as the banishing pentagram of air is the same as the invoking pentagram of Water.

Therefore I expected you'd do the other compass directions with the God name that is opposite of the element associated with it.

Sorry for my confusing babble.. it's finally weekend
Well you bring an interesting point of why it is being used for the Air pentagram. It is from the Golden Dawn paradigm and teachings. But don't understand why it's Shaddai El Chai for Air. If you find any light on this plz share :)

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I thought you had written this ritual.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I thought you had written this ritual.
No it is something like the LBRP except with elements. Checked the different elemental banishing pentagram names from the Golden Dawn.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
As I recall Shaddai means breast and that is the part of the body that breathes. Thus I might translate El Shaddai as the god that breathes. Chai means life.

Shaddai El Chai: the breathing god that lives.

What of Shalim after whom Jerusalem is named? Does he not breathe and live - even if he is keeping his head below the firing line since humans went nuclear?

Anyway Shaddai gets us to air

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
As I recall Shaddai means breast and that is the part of the body that breathes. Thus I might translate El Shaddai as the god that breathes. Chai means life.

What of Shalim after whom Jerusalem is named? Does he not breathe and live - even if he is keeping his head below the firing line since humans went nuclear?

Thanks, your recall is correct. Now even I remember reading that it is that :) But been so long time since I read it in a book that I've completely forgotten about it.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards

I learned in Donald Michael Kraig's Modern Magick that Shaddai El Chai means something like Lord of the Mountain and on the Tree of Life this name is placed on Yesod.

Wikipedia has some interesting etymologies here:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

But this will probably end up being a he said she said discussion.