• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Preliminary Enlightenment state

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Just got preliminary Enlightenment state from practicing martial arts, got to 6 dan now. The interesting part about this is that it's the same state as I experienced when my Kundalini awoke in 2003 except that this sent me into the mental asylums because people thought I had gone mad which I probably had. Now it's a state that has been earned through hard work and devotion.

Another interesting part is that SBRP and SIRP has the same Light frequency as this enlightened state. Now when I do SBRP or SIRP I don't notice an energetical elevation from the ritual and am all the time in a constant state of that particular Light frequency.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
In the European mainstream karate tradition, a 6th dan means that you run your own club/association (not a school, there is no money in tradititional martial arts), that your competition days are long over and that you're around fiftyish, that your rank was most likely conferred to you as an honorary degree (although you can also pass a grading exam if you insist) because you spent a quarter of all your weekends each year working as a referee & judge at local and regional competition for next to no compensation… yes, and that you have next to impeccable technique although the young bloods could easily wipe the floor with you if it wasn't for the ingrained old-time respect traditions since your reflexes are now way too slow. A high rank in regular karate is more about what you gave and still giving back.

National coaches typically hold a 6th dan. It's both a reward for services rendered to the regional karate community and genuine martial arts expertise. I've spoken to several 6th dans, even met some 8th dans but none of them struck me as particularly enlightened. Of course this is all about regular WKF karate, you might be doing something more esoteric, no idea.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
In the European mainstream karate tradition, a 6th dan means that you run your own club/association (not a school, there is no money in tradititional martial arts), that your competition days are long over and that you're around fiftyish, that your rank was most likely conferred to you as an honorary degree (although you can also pass a grading exam if you insist) because you spent a quarter of all your weekends each year working as a referee & judge at local and regional competition for next to no compensation… yes, and that you have next to impeccable technique although the young bloods could easily wipe the floor with you if it wasn't for the ingrained old-time respect traditions since your reflexes are now way too slow. A high rank in regular karate is more about what you gave and still giving back.

National coaches typically hold a 6th dan. It's both a reward for services rendered to the regional karate community and genuine martial arts expertise. I've spoken to several 6th dans, even met some 8th dans but none of them struck me as particularly enlightened. Of course this is all about regular WKF karate, you might be doing something more esoteric, no idea.
Yeah I'm practicing with Japanese and Ninjutsu with alot of Zen techniques and Zen Buddhism inbaked. I had an enlightenment awakening or traumatic light fracture awakening in 2003 which had the same state, been ever wondering what that was. Then I noticed that I had VERY severe traumas in 1-4 years of age which was really devastating and frightening. After that I went into somekind of odd psychosis for 20 years while starting at 9 years to practice ninjutsu. Been a pretty frightening but mystical path with alot of hours spent in meditating with my own technique. I'm no where yet healed but atleast I'm now in a stable Foundation of Enlightenment and they said that the next 10 years I will spend trying to achieve true Enlightenment or 7 dan.

Finland wasn't perhaps the best country to awaken through a traumatic enlightenment since everybody around me went nuts but it sure was a magickal path. This is the first year when I'm really in the Earth element as 20 years has been in a psychosis, but this disintegration formula will prove worthy for understanding psychology of the human mind. It's a way to see 'behind the material curtains' and I got fairly quickly into Ceremonial Magick without understanding what kind of potential there was. The funniest thing was that I thought I was doing 'direct magick' with invoking the elements and did that for 20 years but noticed that I was only inside my mind doing it or inside the air element. So now I'm redoing the elements but with proper ceremonies.

Hope this sheds some light :)

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I've spoken to several 6th dans, even met some 8th dans but none of them struck me as particularly enlightened
There are martial artists and there are fighters, the former focus more on learning about themselves through a martial art, the latter focus more on learning how to fight.

The same medium doesn't always result in the same results for different people, specially when they have different purposes.
Just my two cents about martial arts in general, not specifically karate.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
There are martial artists and there are fighters, the former focus more on learning about themselves through a martial art, the latter focus more on learning how to fight.

The same medium doesn't always result in the same results for different people, specially when they have different purposes.
Just my two cents about martial arts in general, not specifically karate.
Where I'm practicing reaching 1 dan means to master all physical techniques, 2-6 dan is mastering the mind and from 6+ Dan it's all about spirituality.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
In karate, 'fighting' means point-fighting (= 'skin-touching', pulling your punches to the head before actually hurting someone), so you can't really get hurt much, barring accidents. IMHO, a martial artist should at least do some sparring in the safety of one's own dojo, it doesn't have to be competetion. It's easy to stick to traditional, classic routines and feel all solemn and spiritual when doing century-old katas and another to have to act spontaneously and prevent somebody else from imposing their will on you. There is much to be learnt from trying to keep calm and maintaining your composure while some madman comes at you, limbs flailing. Or when faced with an experienced fighter much superior to you that posesses that ice-cold impersonal zen-like fury you wish you had, running rings around you effortlessly.

Studying martial arts also means a lot of bruises, cramps, sweat and sometimes injuries. Spirituality and chi maybe come into it until very much later, and until then you are constantly reminded that you are clumsy, uncoordinated and stiff weakling (another karate thing, I'm sure it's different with judo, for example), something many people can't bear. You are constantly and mercilessly shown your physical limitations. Nobody gives a damn about how you grow spiritually, you don't get rewarded for personal development, it's just practise, practise and practise some more, for years to come.

People read all sorts of wrong things into martial arts, like 'secret techniques' always defeating pure brawn (they never ever do), or that a NewAgey pious mental attitude will conquer even the most evil foe (it doesn't, you gonna get creamed). Martial arts provide a fine, well-balanced workout but don't expect any superpowers or miracles from them.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
In karate, 'fighting' means point-fighting (= 'skin-touching', pulling your punches to the head before actually hurting someone), so you can't really get hurt much, barring accidents. IMHO, a martial artist should at least do some sparring in the safety of one's own dojo, it doesn't have to be competetion. It's easy to stick to traditional, classic routines and feel all solemn and spiritual when doing century-old katas and another to have to act spontaneously and prevent somebody else from imposing their will on you. There is much to be learnt from trying to keep calm and maintaining your composure while some madman comes at you, limbs flailing. Or when faced with an experienced fighter much superior to you that posesses that ice-cold impersonal zen-like fury you wish you had, running rings around you effortlessly.

Studying martial arts also means a lot of bruises, cramps, sweat and sometimes injuries. Spirituality and chi maybe come into it until very much later, and until then you are constantly reminded that you are clumsy, uncoordinated and stiff weakling (another karate thing, I'm sure it's different with judo, for example), something many people can't bear. You are constantly and mercilessly shown your physical limitations. Nobody gives a damn about how you grow spiritually, you don't get rewarded for personal development, it's just practise, practise and practise some more, for years to come.

People read all sorts of wrong things into martial arts, like 'secret techniques' always defeating pure brawn (they never ever do), or that a NewAgey pious mental attitude will conquer even the most evil foe (it doesn't, you gonna get creamed). Martial arts provide a fine, well-balanced workout but don't expect any superpowers or miracles from them.
Yeah well as with western occultism there are way too many 'testosterone' practitioners that just want to get a kick out of it and leave all the spiritual components out.. There are many testostreone male hellholes on this planet and I tend to not get drawn into them. Some go for power, some go for domination some go for all the incorrect spiritual contexts as to dominate inside the current employment... Be a boss, get more money for power etc. etc. so it's quite an empty spiritual shell that most people in this western society has. I would almost say that we are in the deprivation age of Spirituality itself as so many have turned away from their child dreams into the world and lost their souls....