• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion Q for owner of Cunning Man's Grimoire by Skinner

Talk about a book(s)

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I'm looking for one specific prayer from the Cunning Man's Grimoire: The Secret of Secrets, by Stephen Skinner
Not in Book Requests because not asking for the whole book - just hoping someone who owns it might be willing to take a photo of a page or two

I'm specifically after "The Call for thy proper Good Angell" , page 51 according to the TOC

If you can be bothered, I'd also be keen to see pages 47-50, "An Experiment to have thy owne proper good Angell"

Thank you!!

neilwilkes

Apprentice
Reaction score
I would tend to suggest here that the knowledge & conversation of your Guardian Angel is something that each of us must work out for himself and to be very wary of anybody who says they can teach this to you.....

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I would tend to suggest here that the knowledge & conversation of your Guardian Angel is something that each of us must work out for himself and to be very wary of anybody who says they can teach this to you.....
Wow, that's a pretty extreme take! I mean, many (okay, some) people have successfully used the Sacred Book of Abramelin the Mage. And the entirety of Thelema is directed towards achieving K&C. You really think no one should be writing books on the HGA? (books with any instructions I mean, not just diaries)

we need a "someone read this for me(please)" section!!!!! :ninja:
Right? It seems extreme to put in a request for a whole book to be scanned when I just want a single paragraph

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards

I'd say that @pixel_fortune is on the right track in that she is reading up on what various authors have to say about the HGA and this is in fact her working things out for herself. Not so long ago the Abramelin operation was the only path people thought to be available to attain one's HGA but nowaddays everybody is extremely eclectic about their approaches - anybody setting himself/herself up as the only true guru who can show you the way to your HGA is bount to set himself/herself up for ridicule (orders or cults may be an exception, and even those tend to promise only enlightenment, salvation or whatever, not K&C).

It's such an insanely personal quest that a 'customization' of methods suggested by various authors is as good as inevitable because of the huge differences in people's mentalities and starting points. But you're right, we have to work it out for yourselves.
Post automatically merged:

I've turned this thread in a general discussion in a subforum that should be about specific books, my apologies.

neilwilkes

Apprentice
Reaction score
Oh wow, have some of you taken what I wrote in the wrong way completely - but re-reading it myself I can understand why this happened as I could have worded things a bit better & added more along the lines of exactly what 'work it out for yourself' actually means to me.

The warning I was giving was to people who literally tell you they can teach this to you - the key word there being 'tell' and this is the part I did not make at all clear either - I was referring to people who are physically standing in front of you, saying 'Join my group & we will teach the knowledge & conversation of your Guardian Angel to you, along with exactly how to do this'.
I absolutely did not - under any circumstances whatsoever - intend to imply in any way that reading is bad (although automatically believing everything you read is not the smartest move anybody could make, as writers often lie either by omission (very common) or ignorance (also common) or out of a need to hide things or maintain something they percieve as secret)

Again, I apologise for this but I made an unwarranted assumption that people would understand the context, which with hindsight was obviously an error - mainly because I forgot to include any.