• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Sartre's hell is other people

UnlikelySith

Neophyte
Reaction score
It's been years since I stumbled upon a phrase that to me was finally the key to solve the enigma. Why was I constantly depressed and anxious.

I'd been socially traumatized in high-school by other people. Yet people like my dad kept telling me, people are good.

It was not till I stumbled upon the key phrase of No Exit. When got the key to the biggest mystery of the universe (to my young mind).

All of a sudden Everything fell on its place: "Jones went fishing to Alaska, he described it was like paradise (no other people, just you and the nature).

"This metropolis feels like he'll! People around me are cheating, lying, killing, polluting...". You get the idea.

My choice was then and there to become a misanthrope. Sure, I'd get along with people, but don't we all on the surface?

"Steve, how was the football game last night?", you ask the security guard at work.

"It was a thrill, Mr rogers". You both smile. Ar the same time you thing he's a frigging nobody for earning small dollars whill you make 6 figures. He on the other hand thinks you're a rich a-hole and envies you.

Sure we have law in order to be civil to each other, or to at least try, but didn't Heath Legers' joker tell batman: When the chips are down, these "people", they'll eat each other. The ships with the bombs scene was kept so that the neither ship's population wouldn't detonate it. That was just to invoke irony. In real life it would come to minutes, if not seconds.

Look around you. You're surrounded by wolves. Even the ancient Roman's knew it.

Luckily there are plans in work that strive for the first commandment of Georgia guidestones and no matter what, the plans keep rolling on. And slowly but surely, the frogs are boiling to their death.

You can tell me, I need help, call me names, even ban me, but you know deep down, what I'm telling you rings true at least distantly.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
As an old fart who can dive deep in dark waters im not going to deny we get born here to die and take as many with us as we can. Its a strange earthy feeling, black love if there is such a thing.
Still life is a beauty so we fight each other to stay alive.
Strangely enough the prophecy of 2012 were humanity as we know it would disappear as a calendar ended, turned out to be an upgrade. And to be tru the games in the air are better then ever. Creativity rules...

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
It's been years since I stumbled upon a phrase that to me was finally the key to solve the enigma. Why was I constantly depressed and anxious.

I'd been socially traumatized in high-school by other people. Yet people like my dad kept telling me, people are good.

It was not till I stumbled upon the key phrase of No Exit. When got the key to the biggest mystery of the universe (to my young mind).

All of a sudden Everything fell on its place: "Jones went fishing to Alaska, he described it was like paradise (no other people, just you and the nature).

"This metropolis feels like he'll! People around me are cheating, lying, killing, polluting...". You get the idea.

My choice was then and there to become a misanthrope. Sure, I'd get along with people, but don't we all on the surface?

"Steve, how was the football game last night?", you ask the security guard at work.

"It was a thrill, Mr rogers". You both smile. Ar the same time you thing he's a frigging nobody for earning small dollars whill you make 6 figures. He on the other hand thinks you're a rich a-hole and envies you.

Sure we have law in order to be civil to each other, or to at least try, but didn't Heath Legers' joker tell batman: When the chips are down, these "people", they'll eat each other. The ships with the bombs scene was kept so that the neither ship's population wouldn't detonate it. That was just to invoke irony. In real life it would come to minutes, if not seconds.

Look around you. You're surrounded by wolves. Even the ancient Roman's knew it.

Luckily there are plans in work that strive for the first commandment of Georgia guidestones and no matter what, the plans keep rolling on. And slowly but surely, the frogs are boiling to their death.

You can tell me, I need help, call me names, even ban me, but you know deep down, what I'm telling you rings true at least distantly.
I tried to get through Sartre's "being and nothingness" (because I saw the book in a movie...) made it half way but gave up.
Agree with what you said though and have been feeling like that as long as I can remember.

LostYeoman

Neophyte
Reaction score
I tried to get through Sartre's "being and nothingness" (because I saw the book in a movie...) made it half way but gave up.

There’s a lot of unnecessary esoteric terms and segways in B&N. The essential takeaway is that being is moulded from nothingness; a blank canvass that we paint upon using our lived experience. Ergo, we enter being (birth and growth) from nothingness and later return to that nothingness (corporeal death) with being (accumulated experiences/knowledge/awareness of purpose or lack thereof).

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Sartre was an asshole, tho.
He would call you calling him that an act of "bad faith".:ROFLMAO:
But me pointing that out to you as if it mattered is also bad faith.
From Ain to Ain Soph Aur and back again multiple times, I realized that halfway through reading the book that the act of reading it was well...you know....saying it would be pointless.
Still, it all goes great with coffee and snappy jazz.

LostYeoman

Neophyte
Reaction score
He would call you calling him that an act of "bad faith".:ROFLMAO:
But me pointing that out to you as if it mattered is also bad faith.
Basically, any attempt to assert yourself in any way from a position which you believe to have meaning is “bad faith” in that lazy-eyed lunatic’s perspective.

This is why I prefer Camus, or Schopenhauer, Heidegger, or even Kierkegaard… but sod Kant.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
> This is why I prefer Camus, or Schopenhauer, Heidegger, or even Kierkegaard… but sod Kant.

Well put!

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Poor Simone de Beauvoir. He hadn't deserved her.