• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion Seal, Sigil & Call: A New Approach to Ritual Magic

Talk about a book(s)

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Starting on several books this week. Started on this, this evening "Seal, Sigil & Call: A New Approach to Ritual Magic". The book's in the forum's library. Published several years ago.

Has anyone had a chance to read through yet or actually work its method?

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I've read it - really appreciated that it was doing something different. My inclination is to view them as servitors/egregores, which means I can credit the author with the fact that the imagery etc is really distinctive and interesting, no cliches ("it's the sexy lady who can help you with sex!" you know what i mean)

also liked the non-religious variants on the LRP etc that they provide in the text

I haven't worked it, but that's just because I'm not much of the summoning type

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I've read it - really appreciated that it was doing something different. My inclination is to view them as servitors/egregores, which means I can credit the author with the fact that the imagery etc is really distinctive and interesting, no cliches ("it's the sexy lady who can help you with sex!" you know what i mean)

also liked the non-religious variants on the LRP etc that they provide in the text

I haven't worked it, but that's just because I'm not much of the summoning type
Interesting. I'm leaning towards a halfway approach between the mind model and the spiritualist model. Starting to think that all non-physical entities are synthetic constructs, but with time being non-linear, their true nature of existence is outside understanding.

Side note: I doubt any lady could help me with sex ;)