• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Movies] The Craft

Discussion about movies...

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hey guys, what ya all think of the movie The Craft?

Nancy is absolutely amazing. Of course, you have Sarah as well.

Fairuza Balk, play Nancy

Robbin Tunney play Sarah.

This movie is so great! I Love it.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
One of my favorites.

A pity about what happens to the other girls in the end, but it always is interesting to see their reactions when figuring out that Sarah really has the power(as well as their own reactions when they too start having power and making their dreams come true).Only wished Sarah had more screen time showing her powers, but I get that while she was powerful, showing off like that just because she could wasn't really part of her personality.

If I'm not mistaken, the one who created the TV series "Charmed"(Constance M. Burge) was heavily inspired by this movie even, and the movie The Covenant is considered a "male version" of the Craft.Of course, not the same story nor premise, but in a way it is similar.
The bts of it also mentioned something about a real Wiccan being consulted for the whole magical aspect(as well as the deity part, as they wanted to avoid "kids dealing with beings outside their understanding" after being influenced by the movie).

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
One of my favorites.

A pity about what happens to the other girls in the end, but it always is interesting to see their reactions when figuring out that Sarah really has the power(as well as their own reactions when they too start having power and making their dreams come true).Only wished Sarah had more screen time showing her powers, but I get that while she was powerful, showing off like that just because she could wasn't really part of her personality.

If I'm not mistaken, the one who created the TV series "Charmed"(Constance M. Burge) was heavily inspired by this movie even, and the movie The Covenant is considered a "male version" of the Craft.Of course, not the same story nor premise, but in a way it is similar.
The bts of it also mentioned something about a real Wiccan being consulted for the whole magical aspect(as well as the deity part, as they wanted to avoid "kids dealing with beings outside their understanding" after being influenced by the movie).
Oh yesss!!! Even I got inspired when I watched the movie. And, yes, I forgot about the Covenant, that movie is fuckin badass. Charmed was my favorite TV show. However, I missed a lot of the first few seasons. Also, just to add, I don't know a thing or two about Magick. However, I do a lot of Energy work. That to me, is Magick in itself.
Post automatically merged:

Supposedly, Fairuza Balk was a Wiccan. That's what they said in the interview section of the movie.

Last edited:

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Supposedly, Fairuza Balk was a Wiccan
I thought it was that she became Wiccan because of the movie or to study for the movie and then used it to also help consult in some parts.

If I'm wrong I think somewhere mentioned that she even bought an occult shop.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I thought it was that she became Wiccan because of the movie or to study for the movie and then used it to also help consult in some parts.

If I'm wrong I think somewhere mentioned that she even bought an occult shop.
Really?! Wow! Whatever the theory is, I know that Fairuza knows a lot about Magick.

Perhaps, since she did that movie.

Really?! Wow! Whatever the theory is, I know that Fairuza knows a lot about Magick.

Perhaps, since she did that movie.
Wow! I didn't know she bought an Occult store. It's true, but unfortunately, Fairuza was never a Witch. Unless, she's hiding that part of her life.

Last edited: