• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] The Meaning of Wisdom

Everyone's got one.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
If wisdom is the capacity to have foreknowledge of something, to know the consequences (both positive and negative) of all the available course of actions, and to yield or take the options with the most advantage either for present or future implication, doesn't that mean that you are unable to tell today if something is wise or not? Because you have to wait and then look back to be able to say if something was wisdom or not?

So, what is widom in your eyes? What makes you think something is wise?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Like love, wisdom, as experienced by Earth humans, may be a dense derivative of a cosmic quality.

While humans mostly experience time as linear, it is apparent that many other entities (e.g. galaxies) experience their lifespan as a wholeness - thus seeing the developments of their youth as they impact their mature actions and relationships. This may allow readjustment of youthful actions - depending upon karmic issues

In that whole-of-life context, wisdom is a natural quality.

Even humans may travel back along this timepath and readjust the energy/relationships of their youth - thereby altering the quality of their maturity. Perhaps that could be called wisdom.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, history change works because of that. There is no sequential timeline outside of our neocortex. For the very, very large rest, everything happens at once.
Probably that could be the source of all wisdom, to contact that large rest? And listen?

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
doesn't that mean that you are unable to tell today if something is wise or not? Because you have to wait and then look back to be able to say if something was wisdom or not?

That is wisdom though. Knowing (or perhaps just being very certain - to avoid confusing the term with clairvoyance) beforehand without having to wait for proof. However, wisdom generally implies that the most beneficial course of action for the wise party is followed, or at least the worse cases are avoided when possible.

Reaction score
Awards
Wisdom to me is having a strong foundation, and applying experience with understanding and knowledge in full.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
This is all true. And what is with the more practical side? Wouldn't it be very wise to elect wise politicians then? Why this never happens?
Or a pope? I would expect wisdom there at least. Scientists? Medical Doctors?

Something seems to be very wrong here, the definition of wisdom or the availability of it.

Reaction score
Awards
Politics is a convoluted issue. A recent movement in the US caught the news, it was a revolution for awareness and rights.
The problem is, many attackers of the movement only saw a fraction of twhat it was about and snapped a quick judgement on the group as a whole. Our recent President had issues with an old crime bill he recommended that got enacted that put drug users and dealers away for decades. The problem is, those drugs came directly from the area of the governments excursions int s America in some way. So, an opportunity is jumped on, gets caught and jailed for the for profit prison system. See how twisted it becomes? But that Crime bill was to protect the masses from an occasional deranged and armed person. Thats it, but somehow it tied into gangs and drugs that had been established in the 80s and somehow all these poverty ridden folks each had a kilo to sling. Thats right. Even more twisted.

I think then this is why we in the occult need to bring positive change into the world, or at least order. I sm not speaking just RHP, as I feel all of us want similar things in life, just a tad different in origin and result. Right? Many of you have families and children, I have a cat and a roommate so I can empathize, I dont want to be harmed, nor do I want to lose what I have, nor have to deal with a stray bullet hitting my cat. So when these deranged people commit atrocious acts that are detrimental to society, I personally feel something should change for the better, even knowing everything is moving in cycles.

So we need to adjust the energies .. right? Surely this whole mess I spewed came from wisdom. I hope anyway.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Lol, more common sense than wisdom probably. But yes, in the end RHP and LHP will flow together, unite and build a strong current.

THAT was wise, btw. :)

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
in the end RHP and LHP will flow together

It seems that the requirements for human inner planes initiations are set from outside this solar system and that there is a limit set on humans on the LHP. They are not permitted to control their soul bodies (formed from the three highest mental subplanes). Perhaps just as well for the other intelligent species

That is quite different from the dark school that trains humans and others to manage the formation of galaxies. In that school the humans need to move to the deva kingdom before they can qualify

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
"In the end" means the ones who succeeded and survived. It means all paths, be they dark or light, high above or deep down, all of them will lead to the same goal. They have no choice because from a certain perspective, they are the very same.
If you should need a source for that, read and understand the Tabula Smaragdina.

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I think wisdom means
use of knowledge
Not just knowing it but using it