• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What about a divination forum?

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
You got my updoot. Divination is the most important form of magic.

It's no less important on the captured void of the internet than in the other void!

I just turned most of my "points" as it were in divination towards my search engine skills. There it's more picking the right words and feeding them into known, purpose-built math.

The other divination skills I have built don't use tools. I just see some shit and end up knowing some stuff afterwards.

Just thinking about it makes the lidded eye ache to see, the one that opens at my crown.

Opening that eye, however, drains my batteries something fierce.

There's a massive temptation to open it, too, which means there's a funnel and a demon somewhere in the use of this power, likely the thing discussed in WH40k as "Tzeench" but whose true name is Wanton Knowledge.

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Does it really fit there, though? Divination isn't just RHP or LHP.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Does it really fit there, though? Divination isn't just RHP or LHP.
No one is saying that it is. It is just a section that houses athe topics of: RHP, White Magic and Divination. When there's enough threads about it posted regularly enough then it can have its own section, for now, it can share a section with other topics, as do all the other sections. Otherwise we'd have 50 sections with 1-10 topics each.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
A forum for methods sounds really interesting. Those of us that have been doing this for awhile have either created our own methods, or changed existing ones to meet our needs.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
A forum for methods sounds really interesting. Those of us that have been doing this for awhile have either created our own methods, or changed existing ones to meet our needs.
Is that not what most threads going in the current forums are going to be?

The way I see it, if we are dividing by topic, then all discussion on that topic, be it regular discussion, questions or sharing methods would go in there.

If we are dividing the forum by type of discussion, then there would be a forum for Methods, Questions, General Discussion and that's pretty much it.

Reaction score
Awards
Most people involved in the occult can benefit from various forms of divination - Tarot, I-Ching, Geomancy, whatever.

A forum dedicated to divination methods would be a good addition, in my opinion.
As I'm doing Zelator work and am studying and/or learning Geomancy, I agree with this post.
I'm fair at Tarot, learning Geomancy now, and in Theoricus will be Astrology, and in Practicus and Philosophus more emphasis on Tarot and Horary Astrology.
I'd be willing to give up to four free readings a day upon request when skilled enough to do so.

Last edited: