• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Recommendation What Is The Closest Book To The "Hercules Method" That You Know Of?

Seeking or giving recommendations for books.
Reaction score
Awards
I found this comic (The Strange Talent of Luther Strode) a while ago and I've been wondering if there is a book that fits the process described in the image.

Basically it's a book with meditation, physical, etc exercises, and the end result is that you gain conscious control of your mind, body and spirit.

See the images to get what I'm talking about.

Basically the guy in this book ends up becoming superhuman after he mastered the techniques. He doesn't age, he has super strength and speed (not just his body, but his mind is fast), etc.

Every aspect of his body, mind and spirit is raised to superhuman levels.

I'm looking for a book that is as close to this as possible (in structure, whether it's accurate is another issue).

I found Initiation Into Hermetics months before I stumbled upon this comic book, and what made the comic stick out to me is how much the "Hercules Method" really fits the description of IIH (with some minor exceptions).

So the only book I've found that was close to the Hercules Methods is Initiation Into Hermetics, but IIH doesn't have any real "physical" exercises.

So here's my question:
Do you know of any books similar in structure to IIH where it is a step by step process of Mental, Psychic & Physical exercises (any other books similar to the hercules method)?

1652395972926.jpg

ae4.jpg

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Not exactly what you're asking for, but there were some books and comics I'vre read that had something similar(not the same, similar).

Comics:
Strong Man
2.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

Doc Savage(a favorite of mine and probably one the closest to have what you seek):
DocSavageArchivesVol01_Page_07.jpg

DocSavageArchivesVol01_Page_08.jpg

I don't have any scans of it, but The Shadow seems to have something similar too.
Anything else I guess that you can check some Batman's comics.

As for books:
Perhaps not the same thing, but The Little Book of Hercules - The Physical Aspects of the Spiritual Path might be close to what you seek.
Practical Zen - Meditation and Beyond.
The Ancient Martial Art of Hwarang Do
(weapons training, body training and spiritual training).
Probably many books that deal with Qigong can also have what you seek(some being more or less spiritual in nature too).

Reaction score
Awards
Little Book of Hercules - The Physical Aspects of the Spiritual Path
Check this one out but there's a lot of fluff, the steps are probably there but the author isn't really direct like Franz Bardon.

I think I'm looking for more of those "older" type books.

For example, the Charles Atlas books (of which the Luther Strode comics are based on) are the "physical" counterpart, but what is the "psychic" counterpart of authorship for that era.

Do you know of any well know psychic authors around the Charles Atlas era?

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
For example, the Charles Atlas books
Oh, those types of books!
I have some that might be like that, just cannot guarantee it will be what you seek(nor that they won't sound ridiculous on first reading)...

I have some focused on the mind such as:

Mental Calisthenics - or Physiological Memory
The Natural Powers and Processes of Attention and Recollection Placed under Intelligent and Perfect Control of the Will
a.k.a. "The Power to Learn and Recollect more than doubled immediately".
Ironically this one seems to be the one with the longest title.

Mind-Reading and Beyond.

Universal Secrets of Telecosmic Power

Thought Power - It's Control and Culture

Training Manual for Sight without Eyes - Through Mind Sight and Perception

Higher Psychical Development(Yoga Philosophy) - An Outline of the Secret Hindu Teachings

EDIT: Forgot to add the Cyclomancy - The Secret of Psychic Power Control

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I found this comic (The Strange Talent of Luther Strode) a while ago and I've been wondering if there is a book that fits the process described in the image.

Basically it's a book with meditation, physical, etc exercises, and the end result is that you gain conscious control of your mind, body and spirit.

See the images to get what I'm talking about.

Basically the guy in this book ends up becoming superhuman after he mastered the techniques. He doesn't age, he has super strength and speed (not just his body, but his mind is fast), etc.

Every aspect of his body, mind and spirit is raised to superhuman levels.

I'm looking for a book that is as close to this as possible (in structure, whether it's accurate is another issue).

I found Initiation Into Hermetics months before I stumbled upon this comic book, and what made the comic stick out to me is how much the "Hercules Method" really fits the description of IIH (with some minor exceptions).

So the only book I've found that was close to the Hercules Methods is Initiation Into Hermetics, but IIH doesn't have any real "physical" exercises.

So here's my question:
Do you know of any books similar in structure to IIH where it is a step by step process of Mental, Psychic & Physical exercises (any other books similar to the hercules method)?

1652395972926.jpg

ae4.jpg
I have a small booklet by Martin Faulks called Secrets of Rejuvenation Zen Warrior Exercises (well, I have a Dutch version) Maybe that's something for you.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
IIH doesn't have any real "physical" exercises.
First stage enlightenment requires transcending the mind and becoming conscious through the heart

Physical exercise is not required - but control of physical desires is.

Reaction score
Awards
I have a small booklet by Martin Faulks called Secrets of Rejuvenation Zen Warrior Exercises (well, I have a Dutch version) Maybe that's something for you.
Thanks, I checked it out (well looked at the table of contents, can't find a download). It doesn't seem to fit the description of what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for one book with all three, but I've already found two other books for the physical and the mental exercises. I'm going to use one of the books from @Sage for the psychic exercises.

It's kind of naive for me to think there's going to be another book on part with Initiation Into Hermetics and I'm just going to be able to conveniently fuse the two lol (it's truly one of a kind).

So I'm going to use the three I found.

I'm going to be to specific though, I'm trying to create something personal and very specific from this. Maybe I'll write my own grimoire if it yields results.

Reaction score
Awards
First stage enlightenment requires transcending the mind and becoming conscious through the heart

Physical exercise is not required - but control of physical desires is.
I'm trying to excel in all aspects as much as possible, and I believe I've found what is necessary to do that very thing. Plus it's good to have a physical routine so that you can maintain a certain level of fitness (which I definitely need right now lol).

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I'm trying to excel in all aspects as much as possible
I suggest you check a Youtube channel called
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
There you'll find videos to develop the body, the mind and skills(though he doesn't have videos regarding spirituality nor mind powers).

off_the_edge

Neophyte
Reaction score
Not really what OP is looking for. Though it follows suit with the physical aspect - of becoming herculean.
Charles Atlas, everyone!

Good exercises, that don't require gym equipment - body tension exercises
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

And here is a coming tale
atlas.jpg

As for your original question.
Nope, you are just gonna to stick with IIH for your spiritual exercises and do physical exercises onto of that (bodyweight-callisthenics/yoga/qigong)

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The Charles Atlas books had a reputation for promising more than they delivered. Quick fixes and all that. Why would their psyhic counterpart volumes be any different. Besides, how many of us could HANDLE instant enlightenment/empowerment?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
you gain conscious control of your mind, body and spirit.
First control physical desires

Then control emotional desires

Then control thoughts

These are the most obvious requirements for first stage enlightenment

Other requirements include resolution of personal karma, discharge of specified lower energies from the light body, alignment of personality to the higher light, and commitment to the greater good.

Second stage enlightenment requires control of heart energies.

Physical exercises may be useful in the early stages. Extreme sports are good for demonstrating control of physical fear.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards