• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What makes a person crave certain vices?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Do we crave the vices as such? Or is craving itself vicious? I tend to think that the vice lies in our management of the desire. Like ol' Herman Melville said, "The angel is the shark well-governed."

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
is craving itself vicious?
My observation of some people with cravings is that another entity is stimulating the cravings.

Often such entities are adverse, but it well known that pregnant women also have strange cravings

Reaction score
Awards
Some cravings go away easily with age or circumstances. Examples are sex addiction and drug addiction.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
My observation of some people with cravings is that another entity is stimulating the cravings.

Often such entities are adverse, but it well known that pregnant women also have strange cravings
Could be. Though I prefer to look close to home when it comes to laying blame.

Pregnant women are mostly explainable as subject to chemical imbalances. Guys who hit the bottle hard can be the same way (to some degree.)