• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Why do we desire to be alone in facing our problems?

Reaction score
Awards
Is it because of a fear of being found out, feeling embarrassed, etc?
Or is there severe social ridicule and shaming going on?
Family/relationship breakdown?

If we cannot afford a psych worker, how do we face our problems alone?

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
The way I see it, there's three main reasons:
  1. Because we do not like to be seen as failing or struggling. This could be either because we have built up an inflated ego/personal image as someone who is successful and does not fail. It could also be due to societal negative connotations of failing and struggling.
  2. Because we want to focus single-mindedly on solving our problems without having to incur social bandwidth.
  3. Because we do not want the negative consequences of our struggle to affect our loved ones.

Reaction score
Awards
Thank you, will consider these in order to try to tackle a sub scale for 21 Steps to Enlightenment.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I think even animals can have this behaviour. That can mean that having/facing problems can fall in the same group as sickness and death.

Some get hungry, some can't eat much. All depends on the personality.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I have seen young children insisting on fastening their own shoes - despite their lack of skill. They are determined to manage their physical world.

Reaction score
Awards
Understand, and thinking back if I was that determined or not, but there were ties at first, for example, problems with a bully or two in school, given basics of boxing with my dad as a kid, but permitted in dealing alone with problem people of a violent nature, and have this taken martial arts at various times, or generally try to be aware quick and determined to get home. Only a few times recently on this have I felt or thought extreme danger and hightailed it home immediately. In Ninjutsu/To Shin Do training between 2007-2011, I obtained entry into the third element (Fire, with only Fire and Wind to go before reaching void, and my black belt hung on the wall), and have considered Buy Thai and BJJ since 60% of fights end up on the ground, as I found out harshly a year ago when jacked from behind one night by a guy passing me that I tried to get his attention to ask him if he'd encountered a stray phone somewhere.
Anyway, trying to correlate to the 6.5 sub scale point, and raise to at least a 6.2 level, and then try 5.2 and 4.2 using HF. on 4.7, I know I have empathic qualities that were dimmed out like losing the lamp oil in the NT scriptures. Trying to get that back as well as sensitivity to others and their needs, this may force me out of the first rung on Maslows Hierarchy of Needs, where I struggle with the first rung.

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I think it's smart to deal with problems on your own before asking for help. you develop the ability to problem solve & grow as an individual as a result

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Psych worker
Therapists are KGB informants who work for the government. Their job is to make you a productive member of society and make sure you're not a threat to anything or anyone. Sure they might have something useful to say at times but if you tell them the wrong thing you'll never be able to own a gun, you'll get reported to the police and get locked up. Worst of all you'll have a record that will follow you like the plague until the day you die.
how do we face our problems alone?
Practice mindfulness. Drop the things you can't change. Stop worrying about the past and future and focus on what you have in front of you.

Here's other things that'll help: No more social media, quit reading into occult topics and philosophy, eat healthy, exercise. Find a hobby you can lose yourself in.

also if you hate your job get a new one or get training in the field you want to be in. If you hate your living conditions then I suggest working on changing it.

You have to be the change you want to see in this world.

NamKra

Visitor
Reaction score
how about pairing with opposite sex and saying fuck your regulation of problem nd walking out?

works better than satanism here.

Reaction score
Awards
Therapists are KGB informants who work for the government. Their job is to make you a productive member of society and make sure you're not a threat to anything or anyone. Sure they might have something useful to say at times but if you tell them the wrong thing you'll never be able to own a gun, you'll get reported to the police and get locked up. Worst of all you'll have a record that will follow you like the plague until the day you die.

Practice mindfulness. Drop the things you can't change. Stop worrying about the past and future and focus on what you have in front of you.

Here's other things that'll help: No more social media, quit reading into occult topics and philosophy, eat healthy, exercise. Find a hobby you can lose yourself in.

also if you hate your job get a new one or get training in the field you want to be in. If you hate your living conditions then I suggest working on changing it.

You have to be the change you want to see in this world.
Excellent points made.