• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What Do You Think Will Happen To You Occultists After You Die?

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Я считаю, что посмертное местонахождение Души во многом зависит от свойств и развития самой Души. Полное уничтожение (игра окончена) маловероятно. Вряд ли Абсолют настолько расточителен...
English please, you made your previous two comments in fine English, so why this rule violation now?

Lucinteris

Neophyte
Reaction score
Oops... I'm sorry, the auto-translator didn't work. Is it possible to remove the previous message?
I believe that the posthumous location of the Soul largely depends on the properties and development of the Soul itself. Complete destruction (game over) is unlikely. It is unlikely that the Absolute is so wasteful...

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Я считаю, что посмертное местонахождение Души во многом зависит от свойств и развития самой Души. Полное уничтожение (игра окончена) маловероятно. Вряд ли Абсолют настолько расточителен...
Maybe after death, you'll learn English? I mean, hey, I like Russian. I'm totally down with Putin saying, "Fekk NATO!" But why use that tongue here? Are we missing a subtle point?
Post automatically merged:

Oops... I'm sorry, the auto-translator didn't work. Is it possible to remove the previous message?
I believe that the posthumous location of the Soul largely depends on the properties and development of the Soul itself. Complete destruction (game over) is unlikely. It is unlikely that the Absolute is so wasteful...
Sorry---posted my comment before I saw this. And here I was hoping you had a point that defied translation.

Maybe after death, you'll learn English? I mean, hey, I like Russian. I'm totally down with Putin saying, "Fekk NATO!" But why use that tongue here? Are we missing a subtle point?

Sorry---posted my comment before I saw this. And here I was hoping you had a point that defied translation.
Anyhow, @Lucinteris, why wouldn't the Absolute be wasteful? At the risk of sounding like ol' Wolf Larsen, the cosmos strews out and takes back life with the fists of a brawling drunk. Some of the more compelling passages of Lovecraft have the universe run by the mad piping God Atazoth. Grinding up most souls for recycling represents a sort of grand-scale economy, no?

Lucinteris

Neophyte
Reaction score
I am from Ukraine, not from Russia. I hate Putin. And I hope the rumors about his death are true.
Anyhow, @Lucinteris, why wouldn't the Absolute be wasteful? At the risk of sounding like ol' Wolf Larsen, the cosmos strews out and takes back life with the fists of a brawling drunk. Some of the more compelling passages of Lovecraft have the universe run by the mad piping God Atazoth. Grinding up most souls for recycling represents a sort of grand-scale economy, no?
What are the benefits of such an economy? Provided that we are not controlled by a madman (I’m still closer to the Architect from “The Matrix”)

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Let's get on topic, this is a place with a lot of different people of different political views with a lot of different paths. It's what I like about this place.

I definately like the concept of death presented by those books on past life regression or NDEs skipping the rare hellish NDEs.

My favorite NDEs are the clerk bureaucratics in India that are like "Oh we made a mistake" and then go to their supervisor, before forcing the person back to their body and it's interesting how there are different elements in NDEs across different cultures.

motzfeldt

Neophyte
Reaction score
I don't know what happens after death... That's why I study the occult ;) I hope the chtonic gods of the void will teach me because I've been asking myself for almost all of my life and it drives me a little crazy.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know what happens after death... That's why I study the occult ;) I hope the chtonic gods of the void will teach me because I've been asking myself for almost all of my life and it drives me a little crazy.
My dad always tells me that I need to focus on life before death. I prefer to believe that everyone ends up where they need to be and where is best for them. I may be a Pollyanna when it comes to the spiritual, but oh well. I asked Lucifer once to show me where I would go after I died and I had a vision of a beautiful garden with pink roses and a fountain. It's like, "That is way different than the vision of hell that I was expecting from summoning Lucifer".

Maybe spirits are telling you that you need to be focused more on life.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
No matter how many NDE's I've seen. Until, we are really flatlined, we won't know. And, OBE's are not guaranteed, that we will exist after this life. OBE's doesn't cut it for me.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
practice the occult or some sort of magick or something whether white or dark what do you think will happen to you after you die?

My limited observation of post-mortem humans is that they float up through the subplanes until they reach a vibration that matches their own - hence perhaps the Catholic tradition of needing to confess your sins before death.

There seem to be organized learning groups so that the human progresses before reincarnation.

In some cases there is a cluster of dark entities around the ex-human - largely from partnerships formed long ago. The ex-human may choose to learn within the dark groups. That situation may last many incarnations.

Light and dark are both necessary. If the cyclical balance is greatly disturbed, that may be called evil from a human perspective.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
No matter how many NDE's I've seen. Until, we are really flatlined, we won't know. And, OBE's are not guaranteed, that we will exist after this life. OBE's doesn't cut it for me.
Excellent point. I recall we lads swimming around the ship anchored in the vicinity of Ketchikan. An "out of ship experience." Had the vessel sailed off, we would have been well and truly f*****. In the matter of OBE, we do not know whether the exact same analogy might apply. Besides which, I think Plato touches on the point, the soul that "survives" bodily death might itself dissolve shortly thereafter. That certainly seems to have been a very common belief among the early Romans.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
...I think Plato touches on the point, the soul that "survives" bodily death might itself dissolve shortly thereafter. That certainly seems to have been a very common belief among the early Romans.

Beethoven in his Third Symphony, second movement, depicts three deaths for the Hero/Initiate: physical, emotional and mental.

Our hero then steps free of the human worlds in the third movement - and starts organizing other spirits

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Beethoven in his Third Symphony, second movement, depicts three deaths for the Hero/Initiate: physical, emotional and mental.

Our hero then steps free of the human worlds in the third movement - and starts organizing other spirits
I'll go back for a listen. Beethoven's Third was never a favorite of mine. Maybe because I knew the backstory to its composition first. Will give it a listen with my freshly-reamed ears. Thanks.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Let's assume for argument's sake that your individuality survives death (which I personally find highly unlikely but anyway):

Freud once said "Anatomy is destiny" so... what if you had no anatomy left? What if you didn't have to vie with others for resources anymore to keep your physical body fed, clothed and sheltered? What if you hadn't the glands to produce the required hormones get angry or fall in love anymore? How would that affect your ethereal personality? Would you even stay the same? Fear of death, one of the main motivators of living breathing humans wouldn't be an issue anymore because you're dead already. What would remain of your precious individuality? In this paradigm you would become bland and boring, again seen from a human perspective. Most of what motivated you in life is gone, unobtainable, cannot be experienced or makes no sense anymore. The yearning to escape the suffering of this world is understandable but to escape into this vacuous reality? Thanks, not my thing.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Let's assume for argument's sake that your individuality survives death (which I personally find highly unlikely but anyway):

Freud once said "Anatomy is destiny" so... what if you had no anatomy left? What if you didn't have to vie with others for resources anymore to keep your physical body fed, clothed and sheltered? What if you hadn't the glands to produce the required hormones get angry or fall in love anymore? How would that affect your ethereal personality? Would you even stay the same? Fear of death, one of the main motivators of living breathing humans wouldn't be an issue anymore because you're dead already. What would remain of your precious individuality? In this paradigm you would become bland and boring, again seen from a human perspective. Most of what motivated you in life is gone, unobtainable, cannot be experienced or makes no sense anymore. The yearning to escape the suffering of this world is understandable but to escape into this vacuous reality? Thanks, not my thing.
In Mishima's "Runaway Horses," a Japanese Shintoist develops the same point along surprisingly positive lines. He insists it's a gateway to purity.

Lucinteris

Neophyte
Reaction score

Dante Alighieri's fantasies about Heaven and Hell were much more exciting.

Mannimarco

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
My limited observation of post-mortem humans is that they float up through the subplanes until they reach a vibration that matches their own - hence perhaps the Catholic tradition of needing to confess your sins before death.

There seem to be organized learning groups so that the human progresses before reincarnation.

In some cases there is a cluster of dark entities around the ex-human - largely from partnerships formed long ago. The ex-human may choose to learn within the dark groups. That situation may last many incarnations.
Have you had any observations or interactions with the dead/ghosts that remain on the earth?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
interactions with the dead/ghosts that remain

It is not a particular interest of mine but:

- the morning after my mother died (as a devout Christian) she came to my house, telling me that "It is all about energy". She then went into a group learning management of planetary meridians

- a couple of days ago at a history conference, there was a long account of a girl abducted and killed in 1968 - it took years to convict the killer. And I received the thought to look at the girl, and there she was still hanging around. So I gave her some heart light and told her to move up beyond the human world, and she did.

- I lived next door to a farmer who died of cancer. He hung around until his widow sold the farm a month later and then he was gone. She was aware of that too.

- years ago living in a spiritual community, an older man died. I barely knew him but then I could feel his hanging around a large community kitchen - until his body went in the ground. Then he was gone permanently.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
It is not a particular interest of mine but:

- the morning after my mother died (as a devout Christian) she came to my house, telling me that "It is all about energy". She then went into a group learning management of planetary meridians

- a couple of days ago at a history conference, there was a long account of a girl abducted and killed in 1968 - it took years to convict the killer. And I received the thought to look at the girl, and there she was still hanging around. So I gave her some heart light and told her to move up beyond the human world, and she did.

- I lived next door to a farmer who died of cancer. He hung around until his widow sold the farm a month later and then he was gone. She was aware of that too.

- years ago living in a spiritual community, an older man died. I barely knew him but then I could feel his hanging around a large community kitchen - until his body went in the ground. Then he was gone permanently.
It's crazy, because I've seen some Orbs in a Park in New York City in the Bronx. Along with my friend and his girlfriend. Those Orbs were Beautiful. Amazing colors. Perhaps because of that incident, their may be a chance we will continue. However, we may be formless. Our Consciousness, may exist after this life, but that's it

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Our Consciousness, may exist after this life, but that's it

In my youth I was required to read Hamlet. One statement that stuck in mind was:

"There are more things on heaven and earth, Horatio, than dreamt of in your philosophy"

That still seems to be true

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Have you had any observations or interactions with the dead/ghosts that remain on the earth?
I know you asked the other guy, but that reminds me. On various days of the week I take a walk between 10 a.m.-3pm. Often I cut away from the town's westernmost road to go walk along the local river. Every time I traverse the woods, I see the same middle aged guy doing Tai Ji off amongst the trees. There are a number of graves in the area from when the area was farmer's land. He looks flesh and blood but the timing seems strange: regardless when I come, he just happens to be out there doing his taiji. I suppose I'll have to go check out his ontological status one of these walks. Either we have one heck of a synchronization or he has a full-time thing for the art. That or, yes, he could be a specter.