• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

How extensive is your magickal tool arsenal?

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
First of all, apologies if there is a thread similar to this, but I don't remember reading one such. Maybe its slipping my mind, I don't know.

I am just looking at my tools right now, some couple year old candles, and one decent knife that I have infused some power with. Nothing else. Damn thats actually not fun at all, aesthetically unpleasing and overall lack of a versatility. Of course I need no tools but some color to my practice could help.

Anything less depressing from your side? Hopefully nothing as fancy as mirrors of @Yazata so I don't seethe in jealousy. 😛

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Nope. Except for my chessboard (my altar), gave everything away to a friend.
A chessboard as an altar? Kinda interesting actually.

I forgot to include altar now you speak of it, its something like this, but one drawer only. I like it, it serves well.

61T4k7FvnKL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I have nothing. Not even a knife. Just my hands, mind and voice.
And that's all you really need. :)

I have a wand, a kitchen knife I never use.
Post automatically merged:

First of all, apologies if there is a thread similar to this, but I don't remember reading one such. Maybe its slipping my mind, I don't know.

I am just looking at my tools right now, some couple year old candles, and one decent knife that I have infused some power with. Nothing else. Damn thats actually not fun at all, aesthetically unpleasing and overall lack of a versatility. Of course I need no tools but some color to my practice could help.

Anything less depressing from your side? Hopefully nothing as fancy as mirrors of @Yazata so I don't seethe in jealousy. 😛
Have you got a wand?

It was pretty fun selecting my wand from an ancient forest near me.

Reaction score
Awards
Natural storm aftermaths are the harvest for suitable wands, especially from trees hit by lightning.
Before I gave everything away, I had candles galore, a wand, a knife, a water cup, and a plate.
I had most incense you could think of, and was trying my hand at making oils.

Shaman

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I have got an evil eye nazar, blue labradorite, amethyst and obsidian. Also Vepar's sigil as a necklace. I also got a mini altar table with incense myrrh , frankincense and sage.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Natural storm aftermaths are the harvest for suitable wands, especially from trees hit by lightning.
Before I gave everything away, I had candles galore, a wand, a knife, a water cup, and a plate.
I had most incense you could think of, and was trying my hand at making oils.
Yeah, I should have waited until a storm came and went but I was desperate for a wand at the time. I ended up ripping it off the tree and felt bad for months so I needed to go back to the tree and offer it my own urine as an apology... it helps plants, trees grow.
Nothing satisfactory. I should do this sometime.
I have a dremel that used to shape it a little then finished it with vanish.

Romolo

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I have a vast collection of magical artifacts, almost all of them self-made, from a necromantic dagger crafted of bird bones to a playful wand that imitates the sound of locusts.

My last creation is a triangular ceramic shard (found in the woods at night) which I charged with the light of the full moon, Venus and Sirius (each of the three corners touched/punctured each celestial object for exactly 77 seconds).

Magical artifacts play a crucial role in my work. When I do rituals or spells on location and I’m empty-handed I would still pick up a pebble, a feather, an egg shell or a screw to strengthen my vision.

I usually leave three branches in a perfect triangle on the location where I performed a ritual.

Al-Zalaam

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards

Nada. Zilch. Nothing.
The closest thing to a magical tool I have is a black-onyx tasbih which I use during meditation, but that's hardly any more magical than the alarm I use to time sessions.

My old anti-ritualist sentiments still rule the foundation of my approach despite my attitude about it relaxing in recent times.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Several tarot decks, TdM and Huson's variation of TdM. A crystal ball. A pair of pillars for an altar, one black, one white, small enough to easily store. Incense, and a small ceramic cauldron-style bowl with sand inside to use as an incense burner, various candles and a rather nice glass (maybe crystal) candle holder. A small clock for watching the ticking hand, used every day in meditation. A journal and a few notebooks. Probably a few other items, if and as needed. Not everything gets used often, however.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I have a Trithemius Table of Practice that I use to place a Scrying Crystal on and I also use it as a Pentacle to Charge Items on.

I also have a Purple Robe/Cloak and an Outer Wand of Double Power that I hand made a few years ago.

Oh and I have a Smokeless Incense burner and a bunch of herbs and resins.

I guess I also have a bunch of Tarot Decks of all the classical styles… RW, Tdm, Thoth, BOTA, 1JJswiss, etc etc.

On a Daily basis though I mostly just use a Sword Mudra and my Voice.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I have a black mirror I almost never use. I'm painting my own tarot deck as an exercise in understanding the tool. I know already I won't use it regularly (though it might well be called on for a rite I am contemplating.) I have a ring. Likewise I have a quartz stone. Various sigyls drawn as need arose. A Tree of Wyrd I drew. A couple of daggers. One for ritual; one for daily carry in the town where I life; a third stashed in a town I travel to on business (trains these days won't let you carry so much as a metal grapefruit spoon.)

I like to call myself a minimalist, but I seem to be morphing into a magpie and collecting quite a catalogue of trinkets.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I have nothing also. Just a shaman's drum named firewalker and then some candles bought from the shop. Works for me atleast. But I would like to try out some tools if I ever got near some, would probably be a fantastic experience, but I'm not into magickal hifi ;)

**edit note: I had a spider black dagger of the LHP side to remind me of my spider totem. But it got lost in the way to here.