• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Ancestral Altars

Reaction score
Awards
How are yours setup? What is the meaning behind every object on tha altar? Are there any spicific invocations, or evocations of them?

Thanks...

To answer my own question, I have a Cameron Clan crest hung on my North Wall, and a standing chest/liquor cabinet that holds family photos and other items along the South wall.
To me, the North is where we came from, and the South a reflection as a mirror.
The picture of the Great Lakes lighthouses, a reference to a people surrounded by seas and river and lakes. (Scottish-Welsh, Irish-English)
The angel statue found at the same shop as the LSM necklace of mine - a guardian angel set over our family.
Bell, for riding in a temple.
Candle snuffer to snuff candles and incense.
Fire cup - tea cup with red brick and iron, used for burning petitions.
Plate of offerings of all types that they might use or like (cars, coins, food, feathers, incense, candles, etc.
Yes, I have a lot of odd items and beliefs :)
Post automatically merged:

I am going to make my southern cabinet my ancestral altar I think.
A family crest, photos, flowers, things special. And pay tribute to my Mother who passed on 25 years ago.

Last edited:

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
How are yours setup? What is the meaning behind every object on tha altar? Are there any spicific invocations, or evocations of them?

Thanks...

To answer my own question, I have a Cameron Clan crest hung on my North Wall, and a standing chest/liquor cabinet that holds family photos and other items along the South wall.
To me, the North is where we came from, and the South a reflection as a mirror.
The picture of the Great Lakes lighthouses, a reference to a people surrounded by seas and river and lakes. (Scottish-Welsh, Irish-English)
The angel statue found at the same shop as the LSM necklace of mine - a guardian angel set over our family.
Bell, for riding in a temple.
Candle snuffer to snuff candles and incense.
Fire cup - tea cup with red brick and iron, used for burning petitions.
Plate of offerings of all types that they might use or like (cars, coins, food, feathers, incense, candles, etc.
Yes, I have a lot of odd items and beliefs :)
Post automatically merged:

I am going to make my southern cabinet my ancestral altar I think.
A family crest, photos, flowers, things special. And pay tribute to my Mother who passed on 25 years ago.
I tend to be pretty minimalistic, a side-effect of my younger life when I was rather more footloose. (Read, "lugging one dufflebag with ALL inside.") I presently use an old Japanese tanto repurposed as an athame, an altarpiece about the size of a dinner plate for the central deity, a candle holder painted with the needful runes, and a rune-carved wooden cup for the toasts. For certain purposes, I also have a black mirror and a length of rope hung with the runes I use (my instant circle.) Oh yeah, plus my attitude, imagination, and will.