• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Angels Stereotyped?

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Through my magic studies and practice (chaos magick) through the years I've mostly worked with servitors and not with existing higher form self aware entities other than mystical experiences with my higherself/god. I've also done some work and communications with the dead.
Now, I've had some random experiences with malefic beings as tests but not as magical workings/ritual.
I had plans to do my first formal contact with the goetia 72 in pathwork but recently came across Ben Woodcoft's "Angelic Trance Magick". Trance work is my jam so I'm very interested in this possible approach to reductionist ritual practice.
So the reason for the post is, I've stereotyped angels as snotty stick in the mud law enforcers. The reason I'm inclined more to the wild untamed energy of the goetia 72 is human level approachability.
Does my stereotype reflect the experience of any of you who've been in contact with high level angels?

Reaction score
Awards
Archangels are very understanding but are loyal to and serve God. There are several choirs of angles, some nice, some not so nice.
Shem and zodiacal angels are more understanding of humankind. Not all angels are squares either, and the shem angels are of report to have a good side and a bad side, just as humans do, which makes me wonder about the rest of the heavenly host.
The only way for you to find out for yourself, is to evoke the 72 shem.

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Archangels are very understanding but are loyal to and serve God. There are several choirs of angles, some nice, some not so nice.
Shem and zodiacal angels are more understanding of humankind. Not all angels are squares either, and the shem angels are of report to have a good side and a bad side, just as humans do, which makes me wonder about the rest of the heavenly host.
The only way for you to find out for yourself, is to evoke the 72 shem.
Thx DelFuego. Good to know. I'll give it a shot with an open mind probably after getting to a neutral state of mind so I won't be prejudiced.

Reaction score
Awards
I mean, it stands ti figure, the goetia are fallen hosts, with good sides and bad sides. Same with all angels.
Just remember its raising of vibrations rather than lowering of vibrations so you should feel different after evoking one.

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Just remember its raising of vibrations rather than lowering of vibrations so you should feel different after evoking one
Noted. It'll be interesting to compare it with experiences I've already had with higher aspects of myself.

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
If you’re interested in angels you should be familiar with the work of Pseudo-Dionysius, which means you should also know Iamblichus and Proclus. Which means you’ll also want a solid grounding in Plato. Without that modern books on angels will just be confusing. Christian angelology is basically mapping the Iamblichean system of gods onto their inheritance from Jewish apocalypticism.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Non-human soul-bearers may have different and more extensive classifications of intelligent hierarchies - some of which are not known to humans.

For example:

• what classification is given to the Entity that uses this galaxy as Its body of manifestation?
  • which hierarchies continue during a Mahapralaya when Existence ceases?

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
  • what classification is given to the Entity that uses this galaxy as Its body of manifestation?

Well here we are in uncharted territory because the inherited angelology was developed by people inhabiting a universe consisting of nested spheres. They would usually say the fixed stars of the Milky Way are in the outermost sphere, where the supreme god dwells (or sometimes the supreme god is beyond that sphere). I’m not sure the system even works unless we suspend our modern post-Copernicus cosmology.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I'm in two minds about entities. I'd say that all those 'holy books' try to press them into fairly two-dimensional concepts like 'angels' or 'demons' and ascribe to them all manners of stereotypical behaviour and character, like Dr. John Dee who called his Enochian spirits 'angels' while in fact they may be extra-terrestials, extra-dimensionals or something completely unknowable.

What's more, your mentality and your instincive perception of them will always colour your subjective experience. For example: I'm having a hard time experiencing archangels as beings that are willing to communicate with me personally. For me, they're just tremendous impersonal forces that are not mine to command or even address. I feel like a hapless hitchhiker standing by the roadside and watching huge trucks thundering by. The thought that one of these trucks will stop just for me is simply unthinkable. So Gabriel might have visited the Virgin Mary but for the time being he/she/it doesn't even ackowledge my existence. Given time, practice and experience, that may change; perhaps deep down I feel unworthy of angelic contact, although I'd never admit it and purely intellectually hate the very thought.

I'd say your consciously-held stereotypes and what's really deep down in your psyche may be two different things; the latter will invariably come to the forefront once you start experimenting, and there is not much you can do about it. Just my two cents worth.

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
If you’re interested in angels you should be familiar with the work of Pseudo-Dionysius, which means you should also know Iamblichus and Proclus. Which means you’ll also want a solid grounding in Plato. Without that modern books on angels will just be confusing. Christian angelology is basically mapping the Iamblichean system of gods onto their inheritance from Jewish apocalypticism.
Interesting. Once i do the trance work and see how that goes your deep dive map will be helpful. Thank you 🙂
Post automatically merged:

Non-human soul-bearers may have different and more extensive classifications of intelligent hierarchies - some of which are not known to humans.

For example:

• which hierarchies continue during a Mahapralaya when Existence ceases?
Not familiar with this modeling of intelligent beings. Something i might explore

I'd say your consciously-held stereotypes and what's really deep down in your psyche may be two different things; the latter will invariably come to the forefront once you start experimenting, and there is not much you can do about it.
I agree. It helps to add points of view of others (and their experiences) so whatever deeply ingrained blindspots i might have become more apparent to me and opens the possibility for other outcomes.
Should i encounter a snotty square angel i won't take it at face value but try to understand if there's more to the entity. But we'll see how it goes. I might be ignored completely 😁

Last edited:

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I heard that the Angels, are Geomatrically shaped.
On at least two occasions I have built a lesser deva using geometry, particular plane.subplane substances, and intent.

That was to keep some people away. I did not tell anyone both times.

For one, the target people complained that I was not letting them on the island - with its public ferry. Later that night the angel overlighting the island complained that quite a few people were being blocked so I dismantled the lesser deva

The other case was a little guy on the path to my door on that island. Two people came, and one sat just on the far side of the deva, while the other came into the house.

I asked the sitting woman and she said that they were not supposed to go into the house. I asked about her companion who went straight in, and she replied: Oh, she is American

Reaction score
Awards
Through my magic studies and practice (chaos magick) through the years I've mostly worked with servitors and not with existing higher form self aware entities other than mystical experiences with my higherself/god. I've also done some work and communications with the dead.
Now, I've had some random experiences with malefic beings as tests but not as magical workings/ritual.
I had plans to do my first formal contact with the goetia 72 in pathwork but recently came across Ben Woodcoft's "Angelic Trance Magick". Trance work is my jam so I'm very interested in this possible approach to reductionist ritual practice.
So the reason for the post is, I've stereotyped angels as snotty stick in the mud law enforcers. The reason I'm inclined more to the wild untamed energy of the goetia 72 is human level approachability.
Does my stereotype reflect the experience of any of you who've been in contact with high level angels?
Why do you prefer lowered vibration through the Goetia, to be wild?
Life in the fast lane isnt all its cracked up to be.
Id recommend working through the 72 angels, glorifying god each time.
If the end result is not your cup of tea tgen, then do what thou wilt.

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Why do you prefer lowered vibration through the Goetia, to be wild?
Life in the fast lane isnt all its cracked up to be.
Id recommend working through the 72 angels, glorifying god each time.
If the end result is not your cup of tea tgen, then do what thou wilt.
Before deciding to do anything with the goetia i did some reading on it. I read one account that the entities the mage worked with felt more wild/untamed than evil. Which seems to go back to their greek deamon origin.
Growing up, i was the child that would whistle the wind up, play with air sprites and commune with storm winds rolling in, or see creatures others couldn't. At 4 i saw face huggers under my family's porch several years before Aliens was released in theaters. So I'm more inclined naturally to nature than governing beings.

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I heard that the Angels, are Geomatrically shaped. I don't know how true that is. I remember seeing Archangel Gabriel and He was not geometrically shaped.
Very cool! My was a late speaker, not talking until i was around 4. It's easier for me to think in forms and constructs along with concepts than thoughts solely based on words.
If they come across as abstract forms i won't second guess it now.
I do recall when i was having heavy ecstatic mystical experiences years ago i was visited by a large blue violet sphere that raised halfway up through my rooms' floor then vanished. I had the impression for some reason it was an archangel but never followed it up since angles weren't my focus at the time.

Okay, and to evoke the 72 angels, you have exactly what to lose?
I plan to. Bought the angelic trance magick this afternoon. Doing some entertainment reading this evening though 😁

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Very cool! My was a late speaker, not talking until i was around 4. It's easier for me to think in forms and constructs along with concepts than thoughts solely based on words.
If they come across as abstract forms i won't second guess it now.
I do recall when i was having heavy ecstatic mystical experiences years ago i was visited by a large blue violet sphere that raised halfway up through my rooms' floor then vanished. I had the impression for some reason it was an archangel but never followed it up since angles weren't my focus at the time.

I plan to. Bought the angelic trance magick this afternoon. Doing some entertainment reading this evening though 😁
That's awesome!

Reaction score
Awards
Why would archangels, or any other be geometrically shapeed? No scriptures back that claim up. If anything they would appear as tall robed humans with shoulder length hair.