• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Astrology

Someone's asking for help!

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know much about Astrology, but I think if someone considers themselves apt or adequate at reading charts as a divination tactic, I would like someone's perspective on a transit chart.

When I was 21, I tried to move out for the first time, was living off lease with a drug addict who quite frankly was just taking advantage of me for money when her parents cut her off. I took in a homeless teen who had aged out of the foster care system, I tried to get her connected with mental health support and back in school. She broke up with her boyfriend who started sleeping with my roommate and there was a lot of drama around that. Eventually she killed herself by jumping off a balcony rooftop access 10 stories up. I blamed myself, I felt guilty.

I'm not sure why suicide is a theme in my life, if it was meant to serve as a warning or lesson to me to not commit suicide. It destroyed me, it was the first time I experienced everything being torn down around me. I'm probably one of those horror stories on why Magick can be dangerous. I wasn't practicing much, just started reading "Manly P Hall" Secret Teachings of All Ages, and didn't even do my first LBRP.

It reflects the themes of The Tower, guess what the name of the Apartment complex was: The Towers. It occurred on 10/13/2013 which I viewed as significant due to the 13ths and the theme of death is reflected in my Astrology chart for that day with an aspect. The chart definitely looks bizarre with the Saturn-pluto-mercury conjunct in Scropio.

horoscope-synastry-chart19-700__transits-astroseek2_29-9-1992_15-32_a_10-10-2013_13-00.png

I've been trying to understand this event and why the themes of the Tower tarot were so prevalent here, and what the tower means in my life so I can become accustomed to that energy, instead of having it hit, and then being broken down like a shock.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I'll take a stab at it, but I am nowhere near being a pro. This chart is in the Placidus system, so it's a little harder for me - I use Whole Sign Houses, but I'll go off this. I'm guessing the transit is the actual date of the tragedy?

Just on the Tower theme, looks like you got Mars in Cancer (in Fall) the 7th House, which covers partnerships and close relationships. Mars is a malefic (XVI The Tower card), in its worst aspects can indicate violence and conflict - in the case of Cancer (your feelings) I can see where the suicide theme could play a role as the emotions are getting clobbered here (intense guilt on your part, as you said). Mars is like a warrior fighting in mud here. Then you can look at the Mars transit in the 8th House, which covers the realm of death (has a relationship to Scorpio). I guess that last one would be a signifier of the event considering also that "death" here may apply to its role in your life in general (it also has to do with handing inheritances, which are caused by other people's death, and so on.)

I would also look carefully at the South Node in Gemini, which is a pretty tough placement - "Towers", if you will - anywhere for the Nodes is generally thought bad, but my understanding is this is worst for the "Tail of the Dragon", or the demon Ketu as the Vedics call it. Ketu is like a blind nightmare of vagueness, but this can also relate to past-life traumas. See 10 of Swords in the Tarot. Basically my analogy is an asteroid hitting the earth - the calamity here can be related to your relationship in the sense of Gemini as you and "the other" - and that connects back to the 7th House.

The transit of Saturn-Mercury-North Node in Scorpio the 11th House definitely points to a messed up situation if considered in relation to the 7th House. It's like a confusion of order, chaos and greed mixed up with desire, resentment and obsession. The original placement of Pluto is suspicious, as it always it, but Venus here seems like its in a very vulnerable placement - a gap in the Scorpion's armor just waiting to be exploited.

As to suicide as an actual theme, I'm trying to add this up with Sagittarius in 12 (Secret Sorrow, Self Undoing), which is where the theme would find its proper home. I've seen the worst side of Sag in this type of placement in my own life through dealing with other people's alcoholism and resulting death.

Hope that helps. Like I said, I'm no pro, but I can relate to your situation. Sorry you had to deal with that.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I'll take a stab at it, but I am nowhere near being a pro. This chart is in the Placidus system, so it's a little harder for me - I use Whole Sign Houses, but I'll go off this. I'm guessing the transit is the actual date of the tragedy?

Just on the Tower theme, looks like you got Mars in Cancer (in Fall) the 7th House, which covers partnerships and close relationships. Mars is a malefic (XVI The Tower card), in its worst aspects can indicate violence and conflict - in the case of Cancer (your feelings) I can see where the suicide theme could play a role as the emotions are getting clobbered here (intense guilt on your part, as you said). Mars is like a warrior fighting in mud here. Then you can look at the Mars transit in the 8th House, which covers the realm of death (has a relationship to Scorpio). I guess that last one would be a signifier of the event considering also that "death" here may apply to its role in your life in general (it also has to do with handing inheritances, which are caused by other people's death, and so on.)

I would also look carefully at the South Node in Gemini, which is a pretty tough placement - "Towers", if you will - anywhere for the Nodes is generally thought bad, but my understanding is this is worst for the "Tail of the Dragon", or the demon Ketu as the Vedics call it. Ketu is like a blind nightmare of vagueness, but this can also relate to past-life traumas. See 10 of Swords in the Tarot. Basically my analogy is an asteroid hitting the earth - the calamity here can be related to your relationship in the sense of Gemini as you and "the other" - and that connects back to the 7th House.

The transit of Saturn-Mercury-North Node in Scorpio the 11th House definitely points to a messed up situation if considered in relation to the 7th House. It's like a confusion of order, chaos and greed mixed up with desire, resentment and obsession. The original placement of Pluto is suspicious, as it always it, but Venus here seems like its in a very vulnerable placement - a gap in the Scorpion's armor just waiting to be exploited.

As to suicide as an actual theme, I'm trying to add this up with Sagittarius in 12 (Secret Sorrow, Self Undoing), which is where the theme would find its proper home. I've seen the worst side of Sag in this type of placement in my own life through dealing with other people's alcoholism and resulting death.

Hope that helps. Like I said, I'm no pro, but I can relate to your situation. Sorry you had to deal with that.
You did help provide clarity on that situation.

That is what I needed. I guess I do relate to Venus, but Ianna was a God of love, but also a warrior goddess that kept on overthrowing the domains of other Gods.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
You did help provide clarity on that situation.

That is what I needed. I guess I do relate to Venus, but Ianna was a God of love, but also a warrior goddess that kept on overthrowing the domains of other Gods.
That's a good perspective. I look at the birth chart as a tool kit for the incarnate soul - even apparently bad placements can be purified through awareness and adaptation. See Corpus Hermeticum XIII. Venus in Scorpio can definitely be a warrior woman in spite of Mars rulership. As Austin Coppock pointed out, this is only sign with both armor and weapons.
Cancer has huggy claws, those don't count, lol. Still, most battles are fought in the mud.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
That's a good perspective. I look at the birth chart as a tool kit for the incarnate soul - even apparently bad placements can be purified through awareness and adaptation. See Corpus Hermeticum XIII. Venus in Scorpio can definitely be a warrior woman in spite of Mars rulership. As Austin Coppock pointed out, this is only sign with both armor and weapons.
Cancer has huggy claws, those don't count, lol. Still, most battles are fought in the mud.
What about Saturn in the birth chart? It's in retrograde in Aquarius in the 1st house.