• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Baal Zevul

Divs

Neophyte
Reaction score
I am attempting to teach myself to paint. While I mostly go for landscapes at the moment, I needed a more permanent altar piece, and this seemed a good exercise practicing lines.

Admittedly, there isnt anything exceptionally unique about this painting. I figured it was worth sharing here simply because of relevance. For the sake of proper credit this is the seal of Baal Zevul taken from the book of sitra achra.

Thoughts, opinions, and general mockery are quite welcome 😬

https://flic.kr/p/2nihK7v

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
It's pretty good. Getting accuracy of lines using brushes is a challenge on canvas board due to the texture. I've been contemplating dragging out my oils and replicating the TdM aces with a chiaroscuro style.

Divs

Neophyte
Reaction score
Thanks. I've not attempted anything with oils yet. Partially from cost and partially from lack of knowledge with the medium. If you do, I'd certainly be interested to see it.

Reaction score
Awards
I am attempting to teach myself to paint. While I mostly go for landscapes at the moment, I needed a more permanent altar piece, and this seemed a good exercise practicing lines.

Admittedly, there isnt anything exceptionally unique about this painting. I figured it was worth sharing here simply because of relevance. For the sake of proper credit this is the seal of Baal Zevul taken from the book of sitra achra.

Thoughts, opinions, and general mockery are quite welcome 😬

https://flic.kr/p/2nihK7v
Not a fan of demons and dont know his seal, but the Hebrew looks real good, I can say that much, the art work looks good, no stray marks or smudges that I can see.

Reaction score
Awards
I need to get more paint and kick myself to starting something like this. Maybe I will paint angel seals and sigils as a start. Actually, elemental banners and east and west banners, pillars and such to do in near future (within the year), yeah, I need a lot of paint. Next month I start my amazon shipments and a trip to Michaels then.

Divs

Neophyte
Reaction score
Everyone has their own flavor. That said, I dont work with demons specifically. I've tried my hand at many philosophies throughout the years, and that kind of created my own niche, I just go with what feels proper to me. I might call it eclectic rather than chaos because I dont discard beliefs as much as I try to find ways to marry them to one another.

And definitely. I'll continue working on other types of painting so I can continue to learn, but doing this made me realize I can do a lot for my personal practice in this manner. Michael's is my usual haunt as well. Before I ever started painting, I was doing a lot of crafting. Woodwork, leather work, etc. I've made a lot of bags and some culturally specific items, a few daggers, stuff like that. And while I enjoy all that, painting is more cathartic to me, so regardless of what skill I may or may not have its something I'll continue just for the sake of that release.

Best of luck on your own upcoming projects!

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Looks great to be honest, though the alignment of the circles could be better!

Divs

Neophyte
Reaction score
Thank you! And I agree, my measurement was off a little. I also feel like the Hebrew could have been centered a little better. Progress though!