• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Back! Back From Exile on Elba!

Everyone's got one.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
As Napoleon said under similar circumstances, "Mes enfants, tirez si vous voulez tuer votre empereur !" Which being translated from the French says, "You messy infants: scoot before you kill your emperor!" Now lessee if I can stretch my latest sojourn to 100 Days before St. Helena beckons...

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
You're as persistent as a case of herpes, I suppose. :devilish:

I am curious, though, to know if life in China is boring? Is it simply comforting to consort with us barbaric Westerners for fun and amusement? Having lived once upon a time outside my 'home culture' I know that there is a certain home sickness one begins to feel, a certain fondness of the heart for even those aspects which one used to hate about one's own homeland.

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
YMMV of course but I lived in Beijing half a year, never missed home. Way better food at a fraction of the price, a small but very lively punk and metal scene, tons of historical and cultural stuff to explore, interesting and odd people everywhere.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
YMMV of course but I lived in Beijing half a year, never missed home. Way better food at a fraction of the price, a small but very lively punk and metal scene, tons of historical and cultural stuff to explore, interesting and odd people everywhere.
Half a year is great. Five years might be torture.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
What got you banned? … Er, what was your Leipzig?
Apparently I posted a book discussion in General Occult. Suddenly I feel like Stella DuBois Kowalsky in "A Streetcar Named Desire." You know, messy housekeeper who keeps crawling back after repeated beatings that are "all my own fault." A bit of a comedown from Napoleon.
Post automatically merged:

You're as persistent as a case of herpes, I suppose. :devilish:

I am curious, though, to know if life in China is boring? Is it simply comforting to consort with us barbaric Westerners for fun and amusement? Having lived once upon a time outside my 'home culture' I know that there is a certain home sickness one begins to feel, a certain fondness of the heart for even those aspects which one used to hate about one's own homeland.
Actually I have lived here 20+ years and have no wish to return to UncleSamistan. Opportunities for discussing the occult are rather limited, however. What few 'practitioners" there are seem to be con men performing low-magick rites like home exorcisms. Ergo, my recourse to the Net.
Post automatically merged:

Half a year is great. Five years might be torture.
Torture? Naaaaah, torture was 5 months in Shreveport, Louisiana in the '90's.

Last edited: