- Joined
- Jun 9, 2026
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 0
I'm interested in learning more about Discordianism
I feel like all that was part of an online culture that simply ceased to exist. The summer of love is over, the TAZ has been parceled out by the landlords and is being rented by the hour to peddlers of afghani pants and palo santo and chaiwalas where a cup costs four dollars, while patrolled by the county sheriff's office K9 units.
The last significant Discordian "event" I remember was the release of Ossuary a good while ago.
Tbh, I can't even imagine what a 2026 PD version would even look like, especially online. There isn't even really any single dominant culture to be counter to.
The Principia feels just as current for today's occult marketplace as it feels retroactively current for Crowley's Victorian world of high society occultism... The mail order initiations, the ancient and authentic lodges in every small township with cut-out application forms in risographed zines, the nonsense reporting of grassroots paranormal journalism that the Principia makes fun of and elevates / preserves through satire may be gone, but the spirit of the marketplace, the enlightened masters claiming ancient and authentic lineages do exist, they just publish on amazon or do twitch and tiktok.![]()