• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book recommendations

Nocturnum

Neophyte
Reaction score
If anyone can recommend my any esoteric, mythology/folklore books that would be great.
I specifically wanted recommendations for Greek, Norse mythology, folklore books, esoteric books about runes, divination & chaos magick, psychic vampirism, shapeshifting, Lycanthropy, spiritual Vampirism, books about Hekate, Lilith, Lucifer & luciferianism or Satanism in general.
Obviously I already know about Homer's Odyssey & The Iliad but for those books specifically a woman recently released a version of the books without omitted/altered information or misogyny so I would prefer to read that version of the books.
I know about the Eddas as well, I just haven't had the chance to read them yet.

It's difficult to find a complete, comprehensive book about Greek or Norse mythology and folklore that isn't vague on information.
A encyclopedia of both pantheons would be helpful.
For esoteric books, I don't like the fact that occult authors blend pantheons together and say they are the same, comparing different Deities from completely different pantheons is stupid, if they say about closed practices, or appropriate things from closed practices or if the author is sexist, misogynistic.
don't like that some occult authors write about or support Neo-Nazism, one of my major pet peeves is books being re-released & written by a person that isn't a witch and they have no knowledge or experience at all with witchcraft, but they were somehow a ghostwriter for esoteric books sold on Amazon, there are a list of fake/non existent esoteric authors.
The esoteric book Liber Null was recommended to me awhile ago, but the person that recommended it didn't tell me much about the book.
I haven't read books about Hekate yet but I just asked my brother to buy Hekate: Mother of Witches-Courtney Weber.
The Encyclopedia of spirits: The ultimate guide to the magic of Fairies, Genies, Demons, Ghosts, Gods & Goddesses-Judika Illes was recommended to me awhile ago (it's 1000 pages long so it will take me awhile to read it lol) It's good information for any beginner witch though.

Viktor

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Magic in Ancient Greece and Rome by Lindsay C. Watson
Magic, Witchcraft and Ghosts by Daniel Ogden

Both relating to Greek and Roman times magic, just ignore Roman magic if you're not interested in it.
I'm not sure how Greek and Norse mythology are related? but Greek and Roman magic is due to historical reasons.