• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Building your astral temple and visualizing color

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
How many of us have an astral temple?
How many of us can visualize color?
How many do our work solely in our astral temple?
How did you start doing it?
Did it improve your visualization and astral skills?
How long did it take you to do so?

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
It's been a long time since I been to the Astral world. Except when I'm Pathworking. However, it's not the same. So, I haven't build an Astral Temple.

JMPtD

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
This is an awesome idea.

There is one for people to use on the sunwave post in the art forum

there is guidance to see them as green with other color and shape complexions in the story

i dont use it much but I’ll be in there soon

imagining the emerald sand glass timer adventure

it is improving my skills

the temple could be a great meditation during part of 576 minutes of night time in dream world perhaps which aligns with the time magick I promote for our health

Reaction score
Awards
Thank you for your replies.
One thing as a newbie on it was advice to visualize a square or rectangular room with me in it and slowly add light and color.
I'm currently residing in my eldest nieces room, which is yellow with a lime ceiling and two adequate light sources, one dim, one bright.
So what I'm doing is trying to visualize say in the south wall a red scarlet color. In the east a canary yellow color, west Royal blue, north forest green.
Trying to build one.
One ritual in my formula is a pitch black starlit temple called The Ascent into the Cube of Space.
Suck at it, it's fleeting.
Not there yet
A simple grey room or the Ascent ritual.
Not there yet
Just started this week.

JMPtD

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
might be journaling about the emerald temple city about activities.
Post automatically merged:

Slow additions of light and color portrays good self control work with patience base

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, if it's related, feel free to add answers to the questions. Also, if it's advanced work you're comfortable with with fair results, you could write a tutorial.

Reaction score
Awards
So how would you stick to the topic and answer the questions posed?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I tend to work in the solar system. I suppose that could be called my astral/starry temple

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not going to discuss my magical practices. However, I can offer advice from the perspective of an artist. If you wish to create an astral temple, start drawing it and then color your drawings using colored pencils, watercolors, or acrylics. There is no need to get fancy or expensive with materials, though a kneaded eraser can be useful. You can make a floor plan and layouts of what the walls might look like as seen from different perspectives. The point is, the more you draw (and correct your drawing), the greater your astral sight will be for this space. I hope that made sense for you.

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not going to discuss my magical practices. However, I can offer advice from the perspective of an artist. If you wish to create an astral temple, start drawing it and then color your drawings using colored pencils, watercolors, or acrylics. There is no need to get fancy or expensive with materials, though a kneaded eraser can be useful. You can make a floor plan and layouts of what the walls might look like as seen from different perspectives. The point is, the more you draw (and correct your drawing), the greater your astral sight will be for this space. I hope that made sense for you.
This is a good tip, just don’t let the artwork become a crutch. You don’t want to start visualizing the art instead of your mental projection.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
You don’t want to start visualizing the art instead of your mental projection.
Of course. @Diluculo_DelFuego has stated before that he has issues with visualization. Incarnation leaves most of us with a heavy dependence on sensory input, so imagination is a mental skill which must be developed. When I wrote my post above, I also had in mind the skill set of Architects. A building isn't something that just appears. It must be visualized and plans drawn up for it. The structured discipline of drawing reinforces the imagined structure in the mind's eye, but the map is not the territory. 🗺️

Reaction score
Awards
Im still working on preparing the cubical/square layout.
Then adding the elemental color on the wall per quarter, then black&white tiled floor and gold ceiling.

@Lazarus .. I see you point as well as the points made by @KjEno186 ... agree with both ideas.

Last edited:

Rowena

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, I've done this and found it helpful as well.

I've also tried architectural design, 3D design software & RPG mapping software to do designs - none of which worked well for me.

I've also had success with physical models of things, and with constructing mood-board style diagrams with found photos of furnishings, construction materials and the like.

As others have already commented though - these should all be used as prompts to make constructing the visualization easier, not as the intended final 'astral' construct.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
3D design software & RPG mapping software
This would seem to be ideal, and there are also virtual worlds like Second Life and Opensim in which people can create objects from "primitives" like boxes and spheres in order to realize complex creations such as buildings. However, I'm beginning to believe that the dependence on highly detailed video game worlds and the software required to create such things is actually counter to the development of the imagination.

This is why I recommended drawing, as it is an ancient practice across all cultures and time periods. Drawing is conducive to magical practices such as sigil construction and spirit communications, so there is really no down side other than the learning curve that causes most beginners to quit long before they attain proficiency.

Reaction score
Awards
I like the idea of drawing it. My skills need some practice. I have away all of my art supplies, so I'd have to start fresh anyway.

Rowena

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
...I'm beginning to believe that the dependence on highly detailed video game worlds and the software required to create such things is actually counter to the development of the imagination.
There may be something to that. It's hard for me to tell - since I am literally older than the internet, I was doing magic for a decade before I started using modern PCs for anything, so I don't think the few games I've played have ruined my ability to construct visualizations.

The issue I ran into was that it so long to create anything using software that I had to sketch & annotate all my ideas first, just so I didn't lose the flow of my thoughts, and at that point it was just easier to finish the sketches than to use the software.

Reaction score
Awards
Minecraft seemed to me to be a way (supposedly) to create astral temples. I've used architectural software, but found it more complicated than drawing.
So I guess I found a few solutions here.
I will still try to stabilize two astral temples, the Ascent into the Cube of Space, and per a friend, imagining a room and slowly ass color, then add things. Also drawing it out. It might help my visualization doing all of these.

So far, two ways to build the astral temple is the visionary exercises Ascent into the Cube of Space (Christopher), and per a forum.member, to visualize a gray room, slowly adding colors and things to it.
Practical work would be to mirror it after your physical working space, and to physically draw it in the manner of an architect with interior design.

Last edited:

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I've read and found it true for myself that the way a person remembers an event is like how they imagine something. Finding physical components to base astral elements can be a shortcut. Building a miniature temple would be a way to do that.

Rowena

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I've read and found it true for myself that the way a person remembers an event is like how they imagine something. Finding physical components to base astral elements can be a shortcut. Building a miniature temple would be a way to do that.
You can use physical props to affect senses other than sight to help as well.
There is very strong scientific evidence for the use of scent to help with memory recall, and it is entirely possible to intentionally link memories, emotions & other psychological states to specific scents - it's why many magical traditions use specific incenses & oils in their rituals.
So create a unique oil-blend, link it to the design you want to use by meditation, and then use it while you're building the astral construct without the design sketches/sculptures etc...
This will also work to a lesser degree with both taste & touch.