• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Chaos in The Centre of Time

Challis

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Chaos Deified in The Centre of Time

vCACOyY.jpeg

This is a painting of the abyssal chaos I dreamt of and described in a post in December.
Unfortunately I used paper instead of canvas, so the photograph does not do it justice. Currently working on the 2nd version on a canvas.
I described it as tendrils that were as thick as and as short as tongues that spiralled like petals. I didn't want to paint tendrils, so I went in the floral direction. Interesting how close the image in my mind is to a flower.

Like my 4th or so full painting. Still learning as I paint.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting movements within the paint, flowing outward in spiral yet somehow contracting. Makes me think of the Mauve Zone spreading out through the Tunnels of Set - or however Grant frequently reframes it. In this case I can narrow it down to the influence of Gargophias (13th path, Gimel, High Priestess, etc,) as manifesting through the flowering of Chaos.

I often see astral "octopuses" attached to humans.
Psychological projection is a classic defense mechanism.

Like my 4th or so full painting. Still learning as I paint.
I often feel creation is as much about learning as it is about making things. Inner vision can teach as it manifests. Keep it up!

Challis

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, it's literally half for practice and half to paint what is in my mind. I'm happy WF is a comfortable place to share my work as I progress.
Especially as the source of these are (loosely) related to the esoteric.

Countless authors list creating art as a good way to progress your inner visions!
I'm happy I found this otherwise I would not have been motivated to paint.
Post automatically merged:

Interesting movements within the paint, flowing outward in spiral yet somehow contracting...Mauve Zone spreading out through the Tunnels of Set - or however Grant frequently reframes it. In this case I can narrow it down to the influence of Gargophias (13th path, Gimel, High Priestess, etc,) as manifesting through the flowering.
This is so lovely to read. You've described it in a way I couldn't. Wonderful.

You've also given me some fantastic things to study and reach out too!
For I have drawn the High Priestess a few times in the short time I've been with my deck, and irl this absolutely matches up.

Really interesting how tarot, art and dreams have synced up with my lifestyle atm.

Keep it up!
Thank you!
Mauve Zone spreading out through the Tunnels of Set
Time to study!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting movements within the paint, flowing outward in spiral yet somehow contracting. Makes me think of the Mauve Zone spreading out through the Tunnels of Set - or however Grant frequently reframes it. In this case I can narrow it down to the influence of Gargophias (13th path, Gimel, High Priestess, etc,) as manifesting through the flowering of Chaos.

Psychological projection is a classic defense mechanism.

I often feel creation is as much about learning as it is about making things. Inner vision can teach as it manifests. Keep it up!
I too was going to comment on the nice clockwise/counter-clockwise brush stroked of the outer circles, and the nice mixture of color.