• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Confession: I Made a Mistake Doing Work For Others

Frater Dag

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Someone I know through a small, private occult study group came to me and asked me for a favor (again). He did something again that made his wife say she was leaving him. He asked me if I could help reunite them. I asked my regular spirit friends if they could help him. They said that they could reunite them, but would not. I also have a close working relationship with two of the Lesser Key spirits. I asked my friends if one of them can help since one of her specialties is love. They said that she could and would be willing to help.

I don't evoke the Lesser Key spirits too often since it takes an additional ritual to ask my goddess to let them through to talk to me for a bit. I then do the evocation ritual. The extra ritual to let them in adds 10-15 minutes to the overall evocation.

I had just spent the last three months in this elevated spiritual state through a combination of spirit meditations combined with this Hindu breathing exercise performed simultaneously. The feeling of the state is hard to describe exactly. I thought that I had overcome all my personal traumas. It felt like what I would imagine some low-level of satori would be like. I felt a strong sense of calm and empathy for other people.

When I called this LK spirit to ask if she could help my acquaintance and his wife reconcile, I was kicked out of that spiritual state as soon as we had come to an agreement. I have been emotionally unstable for the last two weeks since I did the evocation. I did several cleansing rituals and a spiritual bath, I have somewhat better than I did initially. I'm still not right though. My talks with my goddesses said that I shouldn't have asked the spirit to help reconcile them, since I was taking away her freewill. They told me by doing this, that there was some kind of energy exchange. I was told that it will take me another three weeks to get past these feelings and back to how I was before.

I don't think I will do this sort of working again for a number of reasons which I am sure you can guess.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe some divination would help. These symptoms are not unheard of when energy is given/taken as an offering. For example, when working with servitors who essentially rely solely on the energy you provide them to carry out your bidding if you don't provide this energy through a physical offering then it is taken from your own energy, which can leave you drained for weeks depending on the task it was to complete.

Honestly, eating, resting, meditating is probably all you need, no need to overthink it, especially if the divination comes out to be trivial.

Bandaboy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Your totally right about this, it sounds like an energy exchange. The spirit did a good ol' fashion exchange, your peace for their confusion. A hoodoo style sweetening jar would have done the trick.

However, what you can do is transfer that energy into a rock. I'm sure your spirits will help in the exchange. Another means would be to fast and make this energy formation weak, that way, it will be easier to get rid of that formation and you'll be fine quicker than 3 weeks for sure.

I once went to a hospital on a healing mission to heal a sick young man. As he was on the hospital bed, I had sufficient power to dislodge the sickness, but it wasn't sufficient enough to banish it. The sickness landed on me in another form and it took a few weeks for a friend of mine to discern and heal me instantly.

Josi

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Work with the spirits, especially on this path, is always a risk. Before coming to an agreement, I always recommend try to discern the spirit's intention. i.e. What do they get out of helping you? After all, the spirits are not here just for our benefit, they have their own purposes to fulfill.

Josi

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I also measure the light-dark balance, the plane of operation and assess the kingdom of creation in which the entity exists.
Indeed, It is always good to do as much research as you can before working with a spirit.

Frater Dag

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you for all the feedback. I'm going to write an old-school letter to my mentor (the only kind he takes haha). He usually gives a good explanation as to what happened and gives me ideas as to how to fix my various misadventures (that work).

I really appreciate the forum to vent and share my experiences. I haven't shared my spiritual experiments with anyone but a close magician friend and my mentor in some years now. It is nice to have a place to be able to talk about these things.

armageddonz1

Visitor
Reaction score
I have worked with this kind of stuff, I can say that (some) spirits do accept such kind of domination and mind control if its a bad person more readily. Doing things to innocent or protected persons becomes complicated and (some) spirits may turn against you. I know personally that someone once tried similar type of stuff on me (with the intention to cause fatal consequences) and it backfired and the goddess who favored him took away his abilities because of trying to harm an innocent person.

So, it is possible that you might have faced some potential energy backlash. And I too work with spirits based on energy exchange where I gather and give the spirits energy for the work. Many times, such works makes me gather certain types of energy which in the long run are not good for my well-being. In such cases, rather than banishing, I usually call upon healing/vitality energy, particularly Raphael, to restore the balance the energy within me.

Frater Dag

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I have worked with this kind of stuff, I can say that (some) spirits do accept such kind of domination and mind control if its a bad person more readily. Doing things to innocent or protected persons becomes complicated and (some) spirits may turn against you. I know personally that someone once tried similar type of stuff on me (with the intention to cause fatal consequences) and it backfired and the goddess who favored him took away his abilities because of trying to harm an innocent person.

The man and his wife appear to be back together and in couples counseling now. It took a month, as my readings seemed to indicate.

I feel almost back to normal.

Jastiv

Neophyte
Reaction score
Oh, so you were just emotionally disregulated for a few weeks from doing love magick for someone else. You got off easy. It can be pretty awful if you do it for yourself with someone incapable of love.

Frater Dag

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Oh, so you were just emotionally disregulated for a few weeks from doing love magick for someone else. You got off easy. It can be pretty awful if you do it for yourself with someone incapable of love.

Yeah. A lot of things happened this last two months. Some had to do with other spirit relationships, but it was all a shit show that I had to fix.

You are right though. It could have been a lot worse.