• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Drawing visions and sigils of angels for talismata flair....

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
Has anyone drawn angels or decan visions as well as using sigils? Have you made them into talismans? What medium do you use? How small could you make it clearly? What did you do to consecrate and purify and enchant it?
Im starting this as a journey.
Case in point? My father, stepmother and sister have collapsed lungs and/or breathing problems, and I could use parchment at hand to try art projects with.
Post automatically merged:

Regarding zodiacal angels, which ones influence healing, particularly the lungs and the heart and stomach? Especially for a sign not related to those body parts? For example, Pisces rules the feet, so how would they clash?

This is strictly for angel talisman flair, to see normal taismata flair, see this thread:

Browsing Modern Magick; Kabbalah, Magic and the Great Work of Self Trasformation; Complete Initiation Rituals of the Rosy Cross; The Golden Dawn Books One, Four and Seven; to initiate per the Kabbalah, Magic and the Great Work of Self-Transformation into the light of the Rosy Cross in the same manner as Outer Order.

I know some claim Self Initiation does not work, that one cannot Self Initiate into the Inner Order, etc.
One can only try, and by pleading to Inner Plane contacts (Shem angels, Archangels).

This is for my Sister, to heal her by making a talisman, consecrating it by smoke and water (tea vapor), and prayed over. To have it near her person enchanted strongly enough through Archangels and the Shem angels (through prayers, invocations and conjurations).

For me, mundane survival needs, and good health and wealth are my talismata flair intents.

Last edited:

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Has anyone drawn angels or decan visions as well as using sigils? Have you made them into talismans? What medium do you use? How small could you make it clearly? What did you do to consecrate and purify and enchant it?
Im starting this as a journey.
Case in point? My father, stepmother and sister have collapsed lungs and/or breathing problems, and I could use parchment at hand to try art projects with.

Regarding zodiacal angels, which ones influence healing, particularly the lungs and the heart and stomach? Especially for a sign not related to those body parts? For example, Pisces rules the feet, so how would they clash?

This is strictly for angel talisman flair, to see normal taismata flair, see this thread:

Browsing Modern Magick; Kabbalah, Magic and the Great Work of Self Trasformation; Complete Initiation Rituals of the Rosy Cross; The Golden Dawn Books One, Four and Seven; to initiate per the Kabbalah, Magic and the Great Work of Self-Transformation into the light of the Rosy Cross in the same manner as Outer Order.

I know some claim Self Initiation does not work, that one cannot Self Initiate into the Inner Order, etc.
One can only try, and by pleading to Inner Plane contacts (Shem angels, Archangels).

This is for my Sister, to heal her by making a talisman, consecrating it by smoke and water (tea vapor), and prayed over. To have it near her person enchanted strongly enough through Archangels and the Shem angels (through prayers, invocations and conjurations).

For me, mundane survival needs, and good health and wealth are my talismata flair intents.
This is a bit different than what you're asking for, but give it a gander anyhow. I will sometimes write short stories illustrating the effect I am seeking in a magick working. E.g., if I were trying an aeonian rite for world peace, I might have a very brief tale of some hard-core case undergoing a change of heart for some trivial-seeming yet profound reason. If I were doing a healing rite, I might have an opening scene of suffering, a middle one of change setting in, and a retrospective paragraph at the end with mission accomplished.

I use these stories in my rites by reading them aloud at ritual's mid point. Chanting them with concentration, rather. Effective? I can't say---I only started this about a month ago.

I got the idea in part from Joris Huysman's "A Rebours," where his anti-hero Des Esseintes daydreams of " complete novels of less than a page."

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Has anyone drawn angels or decan visions
Our resident artist @stalkinghyena has some really cool art on his deviant page, including some of the talismanic images of the decans.
I myself have used my superb photoshop-skills to make images of the Angels of the Mansions of the Moon based on descriptions of the decans in Agrippa.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Has anyone drawn angels or decan visions as well as using sigils?
As Yazata kindly mentioned, I have made attempts at the decan images, but these are undergoing heavy revisions. But in relation to astrological healing, while I am sure you can find the energies, some of these images are unpleasant, and their powers can range from curing illnesses to successfully raping someone.

What medium do you use? How small could you make it clearly? What did you do to consecrate and purify and enchant it?

I point to Picatrix for inspiration, but aside from the basic decan descriptions, there are variants in the text and also cryptic instructions to "make an image". These would be consecrated with sometimes nasty fumigations and prayers, but it's a lot to sort out in some cases - there is a lot of room for free play, perhaps indicating a knowledge from another source, or a direction to "figure it out yourself" type of thing. Also, for the fumigations, maybe you can get some myrtle or whatever, but where are you going to get the brains of an eagle, or horse? Bunnies are available, but I suggest leaving them alone.
Also, the old art of engraving on gemstones, which I am sure you have seen. Probably hard to make and harder to get, but again, fumigations, prayers, etc. All of this could fit within the shell of a GD rite it you apply satisfactory creative representations and substitutions. It's all basically a kind of math that is expressed poetically.
Another source for medical inspiration might be the Testament of Solomon. The decan spirits present themselves to the King, but tell him they cannot be commanded, which I think is reference to their powers as part of the mechanisms of Fate. Each has an associated disease or condition. which means they probably also can provide the cure. One would hope.
One thing you might contemplate are Al Kindi's "stellar rays". Basically, everything produces these "rays" - from stars to prayers, and the stars are thought to be "causes" - but that is an ancient debate with distracting theological tension. You can use prayer, and the masking of images to manipulate the rays as an approach.

I use these stories in my rites by reading them aloud at ritual's mid point.
The power of narrative I have found is particularly important. The "myth" one calls on or creates, but also the soul or "kavvanah" of the rite, to give linear direct focus. It cloaks the intention with the "sympathetic" - I mean that in, I suppose, a Frazerian sense, though "similia similibus" is probably a more free flowing approach.

Angels of the Mansions of the Moon based on descriptions of the decans in Agrippa.
Yes, that's the best source I have found so far. Picatrix doesn't really give images for these, just powers. So I wonder about Agrippa's source. Tyson didn't really seem helpful, or maybe I was tired of doing keyword searches for obscure semi-existing manuscripts.

Reaction score
Awards
I wondered about Tyson, Ars Angelorum should be on this site, I know I uploaded it a long time ago, and thats my source for image descriptions. I guess Magic is an art and a science.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
This is a bit different than what you're asking for, but give it a gander anyhow. I will sometimes write short stories illustrating the effect I am seeking in a magick working. E.g., if I were trying an aeonian rite for world peace, I might have a very brief tale of some hard-core case undergoing a change of heart for some trivial-seeming yet profound reason. If I were doing a healing rite, I might have an opening scene of suffering, a middle one of change setting in, and a retrospective paragraph at the end with mission accomplished.

I use these stories in my rites by reading them aloud at ritual's mid point. Chanting them with concentration, rather. Effective? I can't say---I only started this about a month ago.

I got the idea in part from Joris Huysman's "A Rebours," where his anti-hero Des Esseintes daydreams of " complete novels of less than a page."

Historiola!
"The historiola is a modern term for a kind of incantation incorporating a short mythic story that provides the paradigm for the desired magical action."

The book "Historiola: The Power of Narrative Charms" is in the library, which might be of interest (of academic interest, not practical interest - you've obviously already got a system working for you and don't need to change it)

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Historiola!
"The historiola is a modern term for a kind of incantation incorporating a short mythic story that provides the paradigm for the desired magical action."

The book "Historiola: The Power of Narrative Charms" is in the library, which might be of interest (of academic interest, not practical interest - you've obviously already got a system working for you and don't need to change it)

System? Every joker who blows the rent money on lottery tickets has "got a system." Mine doesn't involve the lottery is all.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I do need to take my ideas on. There is a method to my madness, somewhere.
You mean drawing and putting them into art? Generally one finds the method having muddled halfway through the project. But go for it anyway. (With all due---and genuine---respect for Arthur Machen's Secret Glory, I really can't concur that some artist's greatest masterpieces are those they refrained from attempting to execute.)