• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Dreamworkers, I have to ask something (not an interpretation thread)

Someone's asking for help!

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
So, my dreams inside each other is back. Today alone I saw three different dreams that go like: I figure I am in a dream> I wake up to another dream> Figure I am still dreaming> Wake up for real this time> Sleep again and another cycle.

Whats interesting is by this point these dreams are so recognizable to me, for example lights will never turn on, I am almost always lucid. However the dream has its own pull and if I exert my full effor the scape breaks apart so I wake up to another dream. As if it doesn't want me to go Lucid.

Three important things I need to mention: These only happen if I am sleeping on a good cycle and not like, say, at 4 in the morning.

And I can not shake the feeling something else is in the dream with me. I have never interacted with this entity yet I am 90% sure its lurking in there somewhere.

Lastly, nine times out of ten, its my house, but something is off, which gives away that I am dreaming. Electronics nearly never work in these dreams, and its usually dark, not pitch black but still.

Anyone experienced this before? What should I do? I am not that bothered by a corny ass entity, I am more wondering about what this place is, perhaps simply my house but in astral plane?

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I had a string of false awakenings many years back. They were simple, but frustrating. I'd wake up, wander to the kitchen to pour some coffee, but it would inevitably miss the mug and end up all over the counter. So I'd wake up for real, remember what happened, and pour extra carefully right over the mug - so it couldn't possibly miss - and I'd still end up with coffee everywhere. Because it was still the damn dream. Like you said, it's as if it was resisting lucidity. It cleared up after a week or two, but it was disorienting while it lasted.

It's quite common for electronics to misbehave or outright avoid working in dreams, so I doubt that is specific to your false awakenings or this particular dreamscape. Digital clocks make a great reality check tool.

False awakenings are common in a lifetime, but usually not frequent. They'll happen for a brief phase then desist. It's speculated that the mind is a little confused, trying to wake up at the wrong time, possibly misinterpreting signals from the body that it's time to go. They can be exacerbated by a few things, so take a look for any of these:

- Light exposure. My stretch of these happened at the height of summer where we get about 17 hours of daylight. We're close to the shortest day of the year now, and the Circadian rhythm can be easy to throw off. Control the light in your house and sleeping quarters as best you can, and keep it consistent day-to-day

- Diet and medications. Some foods are known to alter your sleep and dreams. If any medications or foods changed recently, make a note of them.

- Sleep schedule. Even minor changes to your asleep/wake times can cause disturbances to the dreaming mind. Sounds like you've already looked at this one, but if your schedule is consistent I suggest shifting it by a half hour or so. See if altering your body's training makes it pay better attention - even if it occurs you may have a better chance of hanging onto that lucidity.

Sounds like achieving full lucidity is the first step to any goal, either exploring the dream more or waking the fuck up for real, so get creative. Here's some things to try:
- Set a physical object reality check in your house that you interact with daily. A blacksmith's puzzle or a small carving, something familiar you can hold in your hands and really examine. When you wake up, go straight to it.

- Try changing the dreamscape on your own terms. Use any moment of lucidity you have to direct it to someplace new - decide where this will be before you try it. I suggest this because it sounds like you're currently losing lucidity as the dream re-forms to another false awakening.

- Change your morning routine. Step outside, or flip your head upside down off of the bed and look around for a couple minutes. Get used to changing the scenery to something beyond your usual perspective.

There's one thing you mentioned that I haven't dealt with before:
And I can not shake the feeling something else is in the dream with me. I have never interacted with this entity yet I am 90% sure its lurking in there somewhere.

If your hunch is correct, this is a big unique variable that is well worth exploring. I suspect you have a better idea of how to deal with spirits than myself, so I won't presume to offer advice. I would be really curious to know if you're able to speak or otherwise interact with it during one of these dreams, though.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Sleep schedule. Even minor changes to your asleep/wake times can cause disturbances to the dreaming mind. Sounds like you've already looked at this one, but if your schedule is consistent I suggest shifting it by a half hour or so. See if altering your body's training makes it pay better attention - even if it occurs you may have a better chance of hanging onto that lucidity.
Aye, man this has to be the cause. I slept like a normal person just for two days, I was full degenerate up until. Its such a mundane answer but fits perfect.

Sounds like achieving full lucidity is the first step to any goal, either exploring the dream more or waking the fuck up for real, so get creative. Here's some things to try:
I will be doing these for sure, best to get competent in lucidity now while I have the best chance for it.

If your hunch is correct, this is a big unique variable that is well worth exploring. I suspect you have a better idea of how to deal with spirits than myself, so I won't presume to offer advice. I would be really curious to know if you're able to speak or otherwise interact with it during one of these dreams, though.
This interloper is one part of the problem that we simply can't boil down with mundane answers, yet. I will test it soon, however. Lots of cleansing both in an out, something that simple may change the oppressive feel I catch in these dreams. Should the fella still hang around and it turns out not a psychological thing I am having, we will have a talk.

Thanks for the answer man, such a mundane answer, I swear its cracking me up how I couldn't have figured it out. As someone who always looks for mundane explanations. 😆

Reaction score
Awards
Elementary question or more ...
1. How to renter a previous dream (step by step analytically please)?
2. How to alter the dreamscape?
3. How to detach from yourself in the dream to observe the interloper plaguing us all?
4. How to turn a nightmare into a pleasant dream?

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
1. How to renter a previous dream (step by step analytically please)?

I find this one quite challenging. As with most dream work, there doesn't appear to be a way to guarantee success every time. The method is pretty simple in theory: relax your body into a sleep state without losing awareness. This is known as the WILD (wake induced lucid dream) technique and is by far the most difficult method to achieve. If you're trying to enter into a dream from the past it will be much more of a challenge than if you wake naturally during a dream and attempt to re-enter it immediately. The steps go something like this:
1. Lay down (or stay still if you've just woken from a dream) and let the body relax. Breathe slowly and deeply, simulating sleep. Your body will respond to this rhythm in a few minutes. Ignore any itches or urges to roll over - the brain sends test signals like this to check if the body is asleep, and responding to these urges tells it the body isn't ready.
2. As your body settles into sleep, gently bring to mind the dream you wish to enter. Gentle is key here - you must experience the dream sensations without focussing so intently you keep the mind awake, but not so gently that you lose the thread and drift off to sleep.
3. Expand the details of your dream. Focus on the five senses in turn. Begin with the strongest or most obvious sensation, which will usually be sight. If there are any sounds, sights, or smells, focus on them next, slowly but surely integrating them into the experience.
4. If you have had any luck at this point, move onto the sense of touch. Look at your hands closely, and rub them together. The hands are an incredibly powerful tool for strengthening lucidity. Begin touching things around you, taking time to really experience the details that you feel.
5. Go about ya business.

I've never created a WILD stronger than an intense daydream, but I have re-entered dreams a number of times during the night. In those cases the body is already asleep or very close to it, so it's much easier to hang onto awareness for the short journey back.

2. How to alter the dreamscape?

As many ways as you can imagine. Turn around and expect to find a door (you will) and open it expecting it to lead somewhere else (it will). Speak out loud "show me a river/city/something new". Spin around til the world is a blur and see what it forms into when you stop. Ask a dream character to take you somewhere.
Dreams are very fluid and constantly changing. Any sort of nudge or expectation seems to get them going most of the time.

3. How to detach from yourself in the dream to observe the interloper plaguing us all?

No interloper plagues me or my dreams. I can take a shot in the dark and suggest a command similar to the ones for changing the scenery: "Show yourself, interloper!" or instructing the dream/dream characters to bring them to you. If there was ever someone in my dreams strong enough to alter them I'd be way out of my depth already, so let's just hope we don't run into that issue.

4. How to turn a nightmare into a pleasant dream?

Once again, control the dream in any way you can imagine. If you're losing lucidity, immerse yourself in the small details again (look at your hands and rub them together). When fully lucid you should usually be able to stop a dream in its tracks. You can then talk to the source of fear, change the course of events by gaining the upper hand in the situation, or just wake up.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
. How to renter a previous dream
Usually, while meditating, I will go back in time and intend to re-enter the scene.

On a couple of occasions I have woken in the middle of a dream then gone back to sleep and the dream has continued.

In the case I remember there was an inner planes struggle occurring between groups I knew, and I just re-entered the on-going struggle. My sword was a male sword, so in the "dream" I just needed to present/show the sword and it did the work by radiating its intent.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
So, my dreams inside each other is back.
Strange enough, I have had two of these dreams this week and I usually have them very infrequently and rarely, weird…

I am almost always lucid.
I can’t speak for you, but for me, the lucidity is “tainted” I feel like, while I am lucid enough to know that I am in a dream, I am still unconsciously and uncontrollably driven by a very strong emotional force to escape/ wake up, so it does not feel like true lucidity to me, is this similar to you in any way?

And I can not shake the feeling something else is in the dream with me. I have never interacted with this entity yet I am 90% sure it’s lurking in there somewhere.
This is creepy, you feel a presence? Are you sure it is not a presence of a very strong archetype or unconscious force? My only experience in feeling a very strong “otherness” has been from these dream figures/archetypes that can emanate a very powerful presence. Or do you mean more along the lines of a spirit? It might be too specific to ask I know it can be hard to focus on details like that in the moment.

Lastly, nine times out of ten, it’s my house, but something is off, which gives away that I am dreaming.
I often get these weird “Mandela Effect” versions of places too, I hypothesize it can be a subconscious attempt to induce the dreamer to lucidity. Then again, it could mean absolutely anything… it’s all very personal to you.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I can’t speak for you, but for me, the lucidity is “tainted” I feel like, while I am lucid enough to know that I am in a dream, I am still unconsciously and uncontrollably driven by a very strong emotional force to escape/ wake up, so it does not feel like true lucidity to me, is this similar to you in any way?
This was the norm until the current set. I had to wake up back then. Not anymore since I know by this point I can wake up sooner or later. But the lucidity is still weird. Its like the dream itself is fighting hard so I don't stay lucid.

This was what happened in one of those, for example: There was a door that nearly shut itself off. So I willed it to open back fully. After I did so, the door started shutting itself again and it did overpower my will because I couldn't keep it open. Now annoyed, I ripped the entire door which broke the dream, I woke up to another one.

This is creepy, you feel a presence? Are you sure it is not a presence of a very strong archetype or unconscious force? My only experience in feeling a very strong “otherness” has been from these dream figures/archetypes that can emanate a very powerful presence. Or do you mean more along the lines of a spirit? It might be too specific to ask I know it can be hard to focus on details like that in the moment.
I am unsure. If it was a spirit why it never showed itself so far, I have to ask that.

I often get these weird “Mandela Effect” versions of places too, I hypothesize it can be a subconscious attempt to induce the dreamer to lucidity. Then again, it could mean absolutely anything… it’s all very personal to you.
I also think its about lucidity FWIW, but why is the dream combatting me if this is what it is for?

Reaction score
Awards
This was the norm until the current set. I had to wake up back then. Not anymore since I know by this point I can wake up sooner or later. But the lucidity is still weird. Its like the dream itself is fighting hard so I don't stay lucid.

This was what happened in one of those, for example: There was a door that nearly shut itself off. So I willed it to open back fully. After I did so, the door started shutting itself again and it did overpower my will because I couldn't keep it open. Now annoyed, I ripped the entire door which broke the dream, I woke up to another one.

I am unsure. If it was a spirit why it never showed itself so far, I have to ask that.

I also think its about lucidity FWIW, but why is the dream combatting me if this is what it is for?
I have monumental work to do as far as dreams go. I have had creepy dreams this month, but this morning someone doing voudoo was trying to turn me into a snake. I woke up completely creeped out.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I have monumental work to do as far as dreams go. I have had creepy dreams this month, but this morning someone doing voudoo was trying to turn me into a snake. I woke up completely creeped out.
That looks like a significant dream to me, whether you interpret it literal or symbolic.

JMPtD

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Om shanti bless to cleanse purifytune assist tune. Also some mantras like om vajara guru padme siddhi hum to enchant the nature, om ah ra pa tsa na dhi to enchant the radiance of any speaking to Or around you, while living in the mode within the mindset of integrity authenticity responsibility enrichment to manifest grow enrich to be happy to keep illuminated for your monitoring of signs for longevity peace goodhealth happiness; these can strengthen your natural divine nature coordinating you to it and it to nature.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I saw three different dreams that go like: I figure I am in a dream> I wake up to another dream> Figure I am still dreaming> Wake up for real this time> Sleep again and another cycle.
During sleep we may experience our existence on other timelines.

One issue is that the other timeline existences, if remembered, are being translated into brain imagery/memory on this timeline. There may not be a close match between realities/technologies of the timelines so that the brain imagery stored is not entirely compatible with physical plane logic on this timeline.

So an experiment:

- while meditating go back along this timeline to the time of the "dream". Radiate light from your heart (goodwill and protection)

Step into the scene, but as an out-of-body observer.

Notice what your body looks like in that scene. Can you see a companion behind your left shoulder. What sort of entity is it?

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
So, my dreams inside each other is back. Today alone I saw three different dreams that go like: I figure I am in a dream> I wake up to another dream> Figure I am still dreaming> Wake up for real this time> Sleep again and another cycle.

Whats interesting is by this point these dreams are so recognizable to me, for example lights will never turn on, I am almost always lucid. However the dream has its own pull and if I exert my full effor the scape breaks apart so I wake up to another dream. As if it doesn't want me to go Lucid.

Three important things I need to mention: These only happen if I am sleeping on a good cycle and not like, say, at 4 in the morning.

Lastly, nine times out of ten, its my house, but something is off, which gives away that I am dreaming. Electronics nearly never work in these dreams, and its usually dark, not pitch black but still.

Anyone experienced this before? What should I do? I am not that bothered by a corny ass entity, I am more wondering about what this place is, perhaps simply my house but in astral plane?
Just curious, do you use nicotine or other drugs?

I have noticed when I use nicotine heavily on a particular day, or when I use modafinil. I am extremely prone to "dreams within dreams". As you say, the dreams are often very recongizable. I need to try to notice the lights and shit, but in the dreams I am often consumed by trying to solve some conundrum which seems life-changing in the dream. Like there's so much uncanny shit in the dream which makes it obvious its a dream, but the urgency of solving the "problem" in the dream always takes me up in the moment to the point that I ignore the obvious signs that it's a dream. This only happens in the 1st layer dream (the one I wake up from the 2nd layer into). The deeper 2nd dream is always obviously a dream and I easily wake up from it, but that makes the dream I wake up into feel all the more real and urgent.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Skull, you put my experiences so throughly I am wondering if I am in a dream right now 😂😂😂

Answer is an absolute no however. I am clean when it comes to any substance.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I have noticed when I use nicotine heavily on a particular day

I knew a woman who would steal money to buy cigarettes for people being targeted by her possessing spirit.

She complained that 5 minutes after she stole the money her memory of that would be deleted

My observation was that nicotine frayed the edges of the light-body thus reducing the natural protection of the human targets

Reaction score
Awards

I think I stated before Id had recurring dreams before, which were very real, at least to me.
As a teenager, I was haunted by a neighbors St Bernard after watching Cujo late one night (neighbors had a St Bernard which nearly pounced into our house one night chasing our cat. Got its head and no more of it wedged in the door and had to politely push it out).
In the dream, I was always cornered in the basement by Cujo, and there was a killer behind Cujo with a kitchen knife in hand.
One night I got pissed off and went to sleep. In the dream the first thing I did was get a kitchen knife, stabbed Cujo and the killer both in the neck.
End of the dream series, I had had enough and took control of the dream.