• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

End of the world as we know it?

Reaction score
I have my own theories which I will share in another thread after I've gotten several replies here.

Anyway, what do y'all think about the current rate of advancement of technology and consciousness? Especially with what we know about the nature of reality, all the end of world prophecies, plus the prevalence of the multiverse in popular entertainment. Almost 100% of sci-fi and fantasy media include travel to other worlds or planets. Let's talk supersigils different folks might be running as well!

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I have my own theories which I will share in another thread after I've gotten several replies here.

Anyway, what do y'all think about the current rate of advancement of technology and consciousness? Especially with what we know about the nature of reality, all the end of world prophecies, plus the prevalence of the multiverse in popular entertainment. Almost 100% of sci-fi and fantasy media include travel to other worlds or planets. Let's talk supersigils different folks might be running as well!
I'm a closet Luddite, so I doubt AI will serve ends humans find appealing. On the other hand, given that what parts of the planet are not being paved are being turned to garbage dumps, I'd say at least some "doomsday" scenarios might be salutary for life as a whole and not its human infestation considered in isolation.

Supersigils? Give us your ideas. I can imagine a few possible ways to take the notion.