• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Exhausted after dreaming

Challis

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Hello everyone. I hope you are well, whenever you are.

This question is on having physical feelings after a dream.

I have had dreams that feel like I am working all night and I wake feeling exhausted, as if I worked all night. My friend has fallen from great heights and hurt his legs in a dream, and they hurt for 3 days afterwards.

Is there anyway to explain this?

- - - - - - - - - - -

More context for those interested:

Today I am the most tired I have ever been, save perhaps from total sleep deprivation (24hrs+ without sleep).
Last night I went to bed 30 minutes before usual. I did my nightly meditation. It was going well, considering. I turned over, to end it and begin my sleep.
I dreamt I was given a 3 hour talk from an ancestor. I woke, and fell back asleep. Then I dreamt I was underground, but there were only roots of a gigantic tree. Me and a friend were flying around in sports cars, planes and jumping onto flying whales. This is where I think the exhaustion came from; holding on with just my arms, then pulling my self up and then doing all sorts of shenanigans (riding upside down holding on with only my legs). This would tire me out irl. Time is odd in dreams too so idk how long we did this for.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
So! Yes I can explain, it's a bit complicated though.

We (by which I mean the scientific consensus) used to believe that pain was a more-or-less automatic response to tissue damage.

We now know that is not the case. Pain is designed to detect danger and help you avoid it.

Analogy: when you eat something rotten, your body will create nausea to make you throw up the food. It's a defence mechanism.

And you know how if you eat a particular food, then get really sick, the smell of that food will make you feel sick in future, even if it was completely unrelated? When the smell makes you feel sick, you clearly haven't actually ingested something rotten - but the defence mechanism is kicking in BEFORE you eat the food it thinks is dangerous

Pain works similarly - it triggers when something is actually wrong but also when a situation reminds it of a time something went wrong

Most chronic back pain is caused by this. There was some original damage at some point, but now your body is repeatedly sending the "pain" signal as a misguided warning

(This is called "the biopsychosocial model of pain" if you want to google it)

Similarly with tiredness - Your brain puts artificial limits on you. So you know how you might feel hungry after 6 hours without eating, and REALLY hungry after 20 hours, even though you're nowhere near starvation? Hunger is a signal from your brain that you need to take an action. With tiredness, your brain doesn't wait until you don't have an ounce of energy left before it sends the "exhausted" signal that makes you go rest. Because what if you're hunting a gazelle 12 miles from home? You need to receive that signal well before your body actually "needs" rest

In other words, body signals like pain, hunger, nausea and tiredness are not automatic messages from the body. They are messages from the brain that had captured a whole bunch of info (including the info from the body)

So it's not at all strange that your brain could send a message (tiredness, pain) based on info it got from your dreams

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
feel like I am working all night and I wake feeling exhausted
How would you test whether your etheric body were being drained during your sleep?

For example, if you came out on to the astral plane, leaving your etheric body, would it be protected?

Be careful where you sleep

Challis

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
To be honest i don't have full dream or astral control. I meditate every night. Not every dream leaves me that shattered (I'm talking, taking a break halfway through making a coffee because you're so tired, falling asleep on kitchen roll). Idk where my etheric body ends up or where I go. I can describe it, if that would help?

Thank you for the time taken to respond.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
At least, you are aware of where your Soul goes. I'm sorry you feel drained after those adventures. I know that my Soul leaves each night, but I am not aware of it. I see random images but as soon as I wake up. I forget everything. Like I stated before, it's like my subconscious mind swallows whatever I am experiencing.
Post automatically merged:

I guess I'm not the only one with not controlling my dreams or Astral Body.