• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Getting blood taken at hospital/doctor

plainsight

Apprentice
Joined
Jun 17, 2024
Messages
50
Reaction score
37
How bad do you think getting blood tests/ getting your blood drawn at the hospital / doctor is ? Just seems like it would be a terrible thing to do vampirically speaking. And the fact they say it’s healthy makes it even worse …
 

Morell

Apostle
Joined
Jul 5, 2024
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
5,048
Awards
21
You can think what you want about vampires, but don't get stupid, when it is about your physical body.

Even as one on vampiric path I tell you that it is completely fine to get your blood tested. Blood test can find a lot of things before they show up as real disease. You do want to make sure you are alright. I don't like doctors myself, but I do know that test like this will spit out hard facts about you.

It's not healthy per se, but it helps you to correct whatever you need to be healthy.
 

plainsight

Apprentice
Joined
Jun 17, 2024
Messages
50
Reaction score
37
You can think what you want about vampires, but don't get stupid, when it is about your physical body.

Even as one on vampiric path I tell you that it is completely fine to get your blood tested. Blood test can find a lot of things before they show up as real disease. You do want to make sure you are alright. I don't like doctors myself, but I do know that test like this will spit out hard facts about you.

It's not healthy per se, but it helps you to correct whatever you need to be healthy.
Practical. Also hopefully this scholo is about the real vlad Order of the dragon. Thanks
 

Yazata

Moderator
Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
3,099
Reaction score
9,680
Awards
36
When you go to a doctor and they take your blood to check if it has anything in it: that's only good for you.
Something entirely different (in my opinion) is when the Health Services ask you for a sample of your blood to test effects of vaccines / how your blood responds to diseases etc. I got a letter from our Health Services a couple of years ago asking that exact thing, to volunteer my blood to be basically tortured with diseases and bacteria.. (but they did offer 25 euro in return though). I didn't reply.
 

Lurking Magician

Neophyte
Joined
Feb 17, 2026
Messages
44
Reaction score
80
In my country it's illegal to donate blood for money, so every drop of blood necessary for operations, diseases, and even certain kinds of drugs is - and must be - a voluntary donation.
(you also get free unlimited sweet tea while they draw it, free breakfast after it's over, free flu vaccination every year, and all sorts of discounts in many places, like cinemas).

I don't know if or when I'll need a transfusion. I'm an universal donator, which mean only another universal donator will be able to save me.
In the meantime, I'll donate myself. Maybe it's stockpiling good karma, maybe it's knowing I am actually changing the life of another human on this planet.
 

BBMage

Neophyte
Joined
Aug 27, 2026
Messages
42
Reaction score
63
I was in the medical field for 15 years and sometimes helped with the blood processing. I wouldn't worry about it. When your blood gets drawn for testing it gets processed and a majority of the time the entire amount is used for testing. Anything not used is thrown away as biohazard and destroyed. They have very strict protocols and regulations they have to follow.
 

vulpesarcanus

Neophyte
Joined
Dec 19, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
12
I've been reading a book by August Dunning talking about how blood donation helps rid one of excess iron in the body it's unable to process. 7 day dry fasting protocols from him revealed some orange goo that came out. Upon having the good tested he found it contained iron.

He's a pretty smart guy, I've yet to get my blood drawn to support his hypothesis that bi-annual blood donation is a strut in life extension to curb ferroptosis. But I'm nigh convinced he's correct and that I'll be donating blood soon as well as dry fasting upon losing another 30 lbs.

As for vampires, I think we'll be alright. But maybe it's like that movie Twilight, didn't they drink donated blood or was it animal blood. Totally forgot.

Sometimes I wonder if some of this blood is stored as data on us, but who really knows.
 

Morell

Apostle
Joined
Jul 5, 2024
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
5,048
Awards
21
Maybe I can say it. As a vampire... it seems that I cannot donor blood. I've tried five times maybe... every time I planned to visit the clinic for blood donation, every time I got call from the job and got extra shift on that date. Five out of five.

So yeah, as for vampires, you probably are going to be alright. You won't recieve my vampiric blood for sure...
 

nunaphael

Zealot
Joined
Jun 27, 2026
Messages
132
Reaction score
197
Awards
2
What bothers me even more that we have here in America is frequent plasma donation. You can do it up to twice a week, so that's 8 times a month. Typical pay out is around 50 dollars, unless you're new then they usually have some promotion that pays extra your first few rounds.

One time I did this when I was broke, I donated plasma at a place called CSL Plasma, and made 80 bucks. Never again. The experience is like something straight out of a techno horror film. No one is making any sounds. Nobody is speaking. There's about 20-30 people laying in beds in rows hooked up to machines pumping the blood out of their bodies and filtering out the plasma. Everyone has their phone out or is just laying there with their eyes shut trying to keep it together. They tell you to expect feeling physically weak and drained afterward, but what they don't tell you is how spiritually draining it is. I honestly cried pretty hard on the way home afterward and felt one of the worst pains of regret I've ever felt in my life, even worse than the time I tried smoking cigarettes to see what it was like. It felt extremely awful, like there was a filth within me I could not remove for an entire week after that. I have not and will never do that ever again.

You can say it was just me, just in my head, but I don't buy it. If you've been to one of these places, you can feel it. You feel the corruption right away, it's not a "projection". It's real energy coming from these places, like, concentrated acosmic evil. Trust me, personally I vibe to the anticosmic gnostic current, and I know what true evil is when I see it. Not petty "I don't like you" calls for revenge, not even traumatic evil caused by psychopaths, I'm talking about systemic anti-cosmic chaos flourishing in specific contexts because this world is in such a sharp decline right now. This is one of those places. This is like, the kind of awful shit you don't want your ancestors to see, no matter who they were. You want them to rest in peace believing this kind of shit doesn't happen, that it would never get this bad. But here we are.

I dunno man, donating blood is one thing if it's being taken while you're in the ER or at the hospital or as part of your routine check up, but like others have said, having it "used" for anything else... and having it taken from you for any other reason... it carries a spiritual stigma that leaves a really, really bad residue in your life. At least, in mine and those I've talked to about it. Hell, even my friends who don't believe in anything paranormal or supernatural still agree with me that it just seems wrong, like, instinctively in your bones you know this is crossing some boundary we shouldn't be crossing. And they're right.
 

vulpesarcanus

Neophyte
Joined
Dec 19, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
12
What bothers me even more that we have here in America is frequent plasma donation. You can do it up to twice a week, so that's 8 times a month. Typical pay out is around 50 dollars, unless you're new then they usually have some promotion that pays extra your first few rounds.

One time I did this when I was broke, I donated plasma at a place called CSL Plasma, and made 80 bucks. Never again. The experience is like something straight out of a techno horror film. No one is making any sounds. Nobody is speaking. There's about 20-30 people laying in beds in rows hooked up to machines pumping the blood out of their bodies and filtering out the plasma. Everyone has their phone out or is just laying there with their eyes shut trying to keep it together. They tell you to expect feeling physically weak and drained afterward, but what they don't tell you is how spiritually draining it is. I honestly cried pretty hard on the way home afterward and felt one of the worst pains of regret I've ever felt in my life, even worse than the time I tried smoking cigarettes to see what it was like. It felt extremely awful, like there was a filth within me I could not remove for an entire week after that. I have not and will never do that ever again.

You can say it was just me, just in my head, but I don't buy it. If you've been to one of these places, you can feel it. You feel the corruption right away, it's not a "projection". It's real energy coming from these places, like, concentrated acosmic evil. Trust me, personally I vibe to the anticosmic gnostic current, and I know what true evil is when I see it. Not petty "I don't like you" calls for revenge, not even traumatic evil caused by psychopaths, I'm talking about systemic anti-cosmic chaos flourishing in specific contexts because this world is in such a sharp decline right now. This is one of those places. This is like, the kind of awful shit you don't want your ancestors to see, no matter who they were. You want them to rest in peace believing this kind of shit doesn't happen, that it would never get this bad. But here we are.

I dunno man, donating blood is one thing if it's being taken while you're in the ER or at the hospital or as part of your routine check up, but like others have said, having it "used" for anything else... and having it taken from you for any other reason... it carries a spiritual stigma that leaves a really, really bad residue in your life. At least, in mine and those I've talked to about it. Hell, even my friends who don't believe in anything paranormal or supernatural still agree with me that it just seems wrong, like, instinctively in your bones you know this is crossing some boundary we shouldn't be crossing. And they're right.
totally right about the CSL plasma thing. I've done it as well. I would joke to my friends before doing it saying I was going to the Farm. But that's what it is.

They farm humans.
 

Nembra

Disciple
Joined
Jul 28, 2026
Messages
504
Reaction score
446
Awards
5
What bothers me even more that we have here in America is frequent plasma donation. You can do it up to twice a week, so that's 8 times a month. Typical pay out is around 50 dollars, unless you're new then they usually have some promotion that pays extra your first few rounds.

One time I did this when I was broke, I donated plasma at a place called CSL Plasma, and made 80 bucks. Never again. The experience is like something straight out of a techno horror film. No one is making any sounds. Nobody is speaking. There's about 20-30 people laying in beds in rows hooked up to machines pumping the blood out of their bodies and filtering out the plasma. Everyone has their phone out or is just laying there with their eyes shut trying to keep it together. They tell you to expect feeling physically weak and drained afterward, but what they don't tell you is how spiritually draining it is. I honestly cried pretty hard on the way home afterward and felt one of the worst pains of regret I've ever felt in my life, even worse than the time I tried smoking cigarettes to see what it was like. It felt extremely awful, like there was a filth within me I could not remove for an entire week after that. I have not and will never do that ever again.

You can say it was just me, just in my head, but I don't buy it. If you've been to one of these places, you can feel it. You feel the corruption right away, it's not a "projection". It's real energy coming from these places, like, concentrated acosmic evil. Trust me, personally I vibe to the anticosmic gnostic current, and I know what true evil is when I see it. Not petty "I don't like you" calls for revenge, not even traumatic evil caused by psychopaths, I'm talking about systemic anti-cosmic chaos flourishing in specific contexts because this world is in such a sharp decline right now. This is one of those places. This is like, the kind of awful shit you don't want your ancestors to see, no matter who they were. You want them to rest in peace believing this kind of shit doesn't happen, that it would never get this bad. But here we are.

I dunno man, donating blood is one thing if it's being taken while you're in the ER or at the hospital or as part of your routine check up, but like others have said, having it "used" for anything else... and having it taken from you for any other reason... it carries a spiritual stigma that leaves a really, really bad residue in your life. At least, in mine and those I've talked to about it. Hell, even my friends who don't believe in anything paranormal or supernatural still agree with me that it just seems wrong, like, instinctively in your bones you know this is crossing some boundary we shouldn't be crossing. And they're right.
US is a weird place though. Where I live they can't directly pay you for blood but everyone's very nice, you get something like three or four days of paid vacation and you get a huge box of chocolate, presumably to recover the blood sugar. I've never heard anyone reporting any kind of spiritual corruption. I think it's more about the framing and atmosphere than the actual practice of donating blood.
 

Digiquo

Zealot
Joined
Nov 2, 2025
Messages
139
Reaction score
211
Awards
3
US is a weird place though. Where I live they can't directly pay you for blood but everyone's very nice, you get something like three or four days of paid vacation and you get a huge box of chocolate, presumably to recover the blood sugar. I've never heard anyone reporting any kind of spiritual corruption. I think it's more about the framing and atmosphere than the actual practice of donating blood.
Giving blood is very different from giving plasma. They are only similar on a superficial level: needle goes in, stuff comes out. The reason plasma donation feels so bad at an intuitive level is the fact that you are cycling a LOT of blood through the filter which is supposed to be given back to you. What they don't tell you is how destructive the process is to the blood, so when you get the blood back after it's been stripped of all the plasma it's basically slurried mush.
Post automatically merged:

I've given plasma a handful of times when I was actually dirt broke, and typing this up made me nauseous af.
 

Nembra

Disciple
Joined
Jul 28, 2026
Messages
504
Reaction score
446
Awards
5
Giving blood is very different from giving plasma. They are only similar on a superficial level: needle goes in, stuff comes out. The reason plasma donation feels so bad at an intuitive level is the fact that you are cycling a LOT of blood through the filter which is supposed to be given back to you. What they don't tell you is how destructive the process is to the blood, so when you get the blood back after it's been stripped of all the plasma it's basically slurried mush.
Post automatically merged:

I've given plasma a handful of times when I was actually dirt broke, and typing this up made me nauseous af.
I mean, even thinking of that makes me a bit nauseous, but that's just neurological, I usually faint shortly after I have any needle inserted for any reason.
The "slurried mush" you're getting back is your own, living blood cells. Plasma is just the fluid they're normally suspended in. Sure it's kind of destructive, but blood is a very quickly regenerating tissue. What makes one feel so shit after that is low glucose and blood pressure. That can very much affect the mental (and, as follows, spiritual) state, but it just goes away once your plasma returns to its normal composition.
 

Digiquo

Zealot
Joined
Nov 2, 2025
Messages
139
Reaction score
211
Awards
3
I mean, even thinking of that makes me a bit nauseous, but that's just neurological, I usually faint shortly after I have any needle inserted for any reason.
The "slurried mush" you're getting back is your own, living blood cells. Plasma is just the fluid they're normally suspended in. Sure it's kind of destructive, but blood is a very quickly regenerating tissue. What makes one feel so shit after that is low glucose and blood pressure. That can very much affect the mental (and, as follows, spiritual) state, but it just goes away once your plasma returns to its normal composition.
I don't know. I'm aware of the physical ramifications of plasma donation, but I don't think we can easily handwave away the spiritual implications of forcefully separating and distilling your vital fluids while you're still breathing. Nunaphael's description of what such places are like is spot on.
 

Nembra

Disciple
Joined
Jul 28, 2026
Messages
504
Reaction score
446
Awards
5
I don't know. I'm aware of the physical ramifications of plasma donation, but I don't think we can easily handwave away the spiritual implications of forcefully separating and distilling your vital fluids while you're still breathing. Nunaphael's description of what such places are like is spot on.
Feelings don't necessarily arbiter over the spirit. It does indeed feel wrong in certain sense, but as it is usually with feelings it's a warning sign to be examined, not an argument by itself. Spiritual realm is ultimately one of choice, will and ethics, unlike in the physical and mental worlds bad things can't just happen to you there. Unless there is some actually malicious will involved (which I can't say is impossible but certainly can't be decided based on vibes alone) I think it's safe to treat this whole phenomenon as mundane discomfort caused by the clinical atmosphere and low blood sugar.
 
Top