• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

God does not want to be worshipped

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hi guys, as the title says, God does not want to be worshipped by us. In fact, God does not like the term "God" because He/She feels that we are all equal. And, we are Powerful Souls. God does not see Him/Herself as an Authority figure. Instead, He prefer for us all to take our Power back and praise and worship ourselves. Since our parents brought us into Christianity and taught us that God only wants us to forcefully worship Him/Her. Then, we got used to that concept. However, now I know. In my opinion, I don't think any Deity should take Autthority off of you. If there are Deities that wants something in return. Then, I don't want to show respect to Deities like that. Remember, we are Powerful too. God does not like the term OverSoul because He/She feels that there's no one greater or lesser than. It is up to you guys, what is it that you want to do. I'm not saying to not show respect and Love to your Deities, but don't give them your Power away. Now I know that God is not as the Bible claimed Him to be.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Hi guys, as the title says, God does not want to be worshipped by us. In fact, God does not like the term "God" because He/She feels that we are all equal. And, we are Powerful Souls. God does not see Him/Herself as an Authority figure. Instead, He prefer for us all to take our Power back and praise and worship ourselves. Since our parents brought us into Christianity and taught us that God only wants us to forcefully worship Him/Her. Then, we got used to that concept. However, now I know. In my opinion, I don't think any Deity should take Autthority off of you. If there are Deities that wants something in return. Then, I don't want to show respect to Deities like that. Remember, we are Powerful too. God does not like the term OverSoul because He/She feels that there's no one greater or lesser than. It is up to you guys, what is it that you want to do. I'm not saying to not show respect and Love to your Deities, but don't give them your Power away. Now I know that God is not as the Bible claimed Him to be.
Why would God operate under the delusion we are "equal"? Anyone who can create a cosmos clearly has at least a few steps on me. If you had said God wants to teach me with an eye on eventual equality, ok maybe. Otherwise the statement is just more vapid egalitarian dogmatism.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Why would God operate under the delusion we are "equal"?
Maybe it's more about how you treat someone who you consider to be above or below you

Like... these comparisons all involve humans so they're flawed, but when I meet someone who is like, "I love your [writing]!" I'm like, that's nice, I enjoyed hearing that. But I also (maybe once a year) meet someone who's like "oh my gosh I can't believe you're even speaking to me, wow" like they're beneath me, and I find that ... uncomfortable and not good. Technically I suppose I am a step ahead of them in one particular direction, but I hate people acting lowly. I am pretty certain I would still hate it if I was an objectively high status person, a Nobel Prize-winning Olympian or something. So maybe god finds that obsequious and unpleasant too.

(I'd be interested to know if the same people who kowtow to people "above" them are rude to people "below" them, since they think treatment should be hierarchical)

I think someone "above" you should be treated with respect and listened to more carefully, but not like... grovelled before. Idk.

Maybe that splits the difference between your and Konscienca's post

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe it's more about how you treat someone who you consider to be above or below you

Like... these comparisons all involve humans so they're flawed, but when I meet someone who is like, "I love your [writing]!" I'm like, that's nice, I enjoyed hearing that. But I also (maybe once a year) meet someone who's like "oh my gosh I can't believe you're even speaking to me, wow" like they're beneath me, and I find that ... uncomfortable and not good. Technically I suppose I am a step ahead of them in one particular direction, but I hate people acting lowly. I am pretty certain I would still hate it if I was an objectively high status person, a Nobel Prize-winning Olympian or something. So maybe god finds that obsequious and unpleasant too.

(I'd be interested to know if the same people who kowtow to people "above" them are rude to people "below" them, since they think treatment should be hierarchical)

I think someone "above" you should be treated with respect and listened to more carefully, but not like... grovelled before. Idk.

Maybe that splits the difference between your and Konscienca's post
Ok, your answer makes good sense. A number of pagan traditions consider gods as being on a (potentially) friendly footing with us. One where grovelling isn't needful. (Remember Monty Python's "Meaning Of Life" chapel scene? The minister praying, "...and please O Lord, forgive us this our dreadful toadying!")

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Why would God operate under the delusion we are "equal"? Anyone who can create a cosmos clearly has at least a few steps on me. If you had said God wants to teach me with an eye on eventual equality, ok maybe. Otherwise the statement is just more vapid egalitarian dogmatism.
So you don't have Powers of your own? Besides God, you didn't help create this Universe? I feel that we all helped create this Universe. We just don't remember.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
So you don't have Powers of your own? Besides God, you didn't help create this Universe? I feel that we all helped create this Universe. We just don't remember.
Oh right, certainly a common cosmology is that we are a wave on the ocean that is God.

My current best guess is that god created the universe by becoming the universe (it was a near-infinitely dense point that decided to explode, becoming all of space time in the big bang)

In that model, we are all god - but in the same way that my liver is me. It is a whole "unit" with its own functions (and I suspect its own rudimentary consciousness) that is nevertheless 100% made of me. I'm not sure that my liver should get equal credit for eg my creative outputs, but it would be odd to find out my liver worshipped my brain.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I think the word you seek here is "deference".
1.respectful submission or yielding to the judgment, opinion, will, etc., of another
2.respectful or courteous regard

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Powers of my own, sure. But put me in the ring with young Mike Tyson and you'd still have a mismatch, my "power" and all. Ditto for a drawing competition with Albrecht Duerer, a sing-off with Pavarotti, etc.

Act on "feelings" about actions I don't remember? Uh...ok. Let me drive the car though. And I better look after the checkbook, too.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
The Divine is just a reflection of your soul or your inner Self. It's a reflection of you in the biggest energetical potentiality.