• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion Goetia Kids by Lady Daniel

Talk about a book(s)

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

My initial reaction was o_O

So, there's a book out there that teaches kids (and I assume their parents) how to contact the Goetia. Naturally, curiosity demanded I have a look. I love the illustrations that I have seen so far. I have a particular interest in Buer, and without giving away any details, I performed a pathworking to Buer using another book a couple of months ago. I believe that he has answered my request. It was a question of knowledge, and looking through this book, I see confirmation that Buer has that capability.

Here's a thought experiment for you all: Why should anyone object to children getting to know Goetia spirits? We were taught about Greco-Roman deities in school, and while their worship was not suggested, no attempt was made to necessarily discourage it. Perhaps kids are getting to know the Norse gods, too, these days? I clearly recall when I was 12 being scolded by my mother after exclaiming, "Great Zeus!" in a half joking way about some minor thing. You know what I was taught as a very young child? I was taught to know Jehovah, and the publications of the Watchtower Society in the 1970s had pictures like these in books that children could read...

Paradise-lost.JPG

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Some scion of a generational demonolatry family (I can't seem to find the book on my harddisk - M. Delaney?) recalls how they would decorate their house with their demons' sigils on their feast day... must have been an interesting childhood. ;)

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not too sure about how safe it would be for kids to mess around with Goetia spirits without first establishing a foundation in the basics of Magick along with learning how to gid rid of what you invoke or evoke.

But this line of thought does bring up some interesting things to contemplate.

Many times I find myself wishing I had discovered Magick and the Occult at an early age when I had a vivid inner '3rd eye' and the ability to really see the things my imagination conjured up.

I know I also learned new things a LOT faster as a child so I would have to think I would be much further along the path if I had started practicing as a child.

Maybe in the next re-birth I will be born to a family that is already initiated and will teach me at a young age and give me a copy of this book :cool:

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Under each of the demons, it has their name and then "nickname at school". Those nicknames are all cities across the world.

Eg:

47 – VUAL
Pronunciation: [ vwal ] vuau.
Nickname at school: Díli.

(Dili is the capital of East Timor)
Does anyone know what that's about? is that related to anything in the key of solomon or whatever?

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Call me a pedantic snob but the blurb for the book is so poorly written that I have zero interest in perusing the contents. If this is how careful they are with their promotional text I can only assume that the book itself is a disaster. I'm not sure how I feel about my kid learning the goetia but it had better be taught by someone literate.

fraterpa

Neophyte
Reaction score
Everyone who is a serious Goetic practitioner knows that Spirits are extremely powerful entities. I understand the notion of improving magicians', conjurers' and alternative spiritualites' public image but such attempts only dilute the seriousness of the craft and expose kids for unnecessary disorders.

Besides, the book is really badly written, with lots of mistakes in wording or synthax. Though,the images are nice... for a novel.

Children's story about Spirits would be nice but for f***'s sake, not the Goetia Manual!

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, at first I was like "whoah, they published this??" but it's self-published, anyone can self-pub anything

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Why not teach kids Goetia? Same reason one does not give them the keys to the car, gun safe, or liquor cabinet.