• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Hello everyone

Aibinuori

Neophyte
Joined
Oct 2, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Hello everyone,


I’m new here.


My main interests are consciousness, human behavior, perception, metaphysics, unusual experiences, symbolism, and the relationship between internal states and external outcomes.


I’m especially interested in areas where personal experience, philosophy, traditional knowledge, psychology, and empirical science overlapor appear to contradict one another.


Over time, I’ve developed a framework I call Outcome Mechanics, which looks at how signals, behavior, initiation, momentum, alignment, and interpretation can influence the outcomes people experience. I’m still refining it, so I’m more interested in testing ideas than defending conclusions.


I’ve also had a number of experiences throughout my life that don’t fit neatly into conventional explanations. I don’t automatically treat unusual experiences as proof of a supernatural explanation, but I also don’t think they should automatically be dismissed simply because they are difficult to explain.


That is one reason I joined this community.


I’m interested in learning how people here understand subjects such as altered states of consciousness, synchronicity, spiritual traditions, initiation, divination, entities, symbolism, African metaphysical systems, and the psychology behind occult practice.


I’ll probably ask unusual questions from time to time.


My approach is simple: observe carefully, distinguish experience from interpretation, compare different frameworks, and see what survives serious examination.


Looking forward to learning from the community and contributing where I can.
 

Robert Ramsay

Apostle
Joined
Oct 1, 2023
Messages
1,830
Reaction score
4,320
Awards
13
Hello everyone,

I’m new here.

My main interests are consciousness, human behavior, perception, metaphysics, unusual experiences, symbolism, and the relationship between internal states and external outcomes.

I’m especially interested in areas where personal experience, philosophy, traditional knowledge, psychology, and empirical science overlap or appear to contradict one another.

Over time, I’ve developed a framework I call Outcome Mechanics, which looks at how signals, behavior, initiation, momentum, alignment, and interpretation can influence the outcomes people experience. I’m still refining it, so I’m more interested in testing ideas than defending conclusions.

I’ve also had a number of experiences throughout my life that don’t fit neatly into conventional explanations. I don’t automatically treat unusual experiences as proof of a supernatural explanation, but I also don’t think they should automatically be dismissed simply because they are difficult to explain.

That is one reason I joined this community.

I’m interested in learning how people here understand subjects such as altered states of consciousness, synchronicity, spiritual traditions, initiation, divination, entities, symbolism, African metaphysical systems, and the psychology behind occult practice.

I’ll probably ask unusual questions from time to time.

My approach is simple: observe carefully, distinguish experience from interpretation, compare different frameworks, and see what survives serious examination.

Looking forward to learning from the community and contributing where I can.
Welcome! I'm a materialist magician, who's come at it from the other end; how physics and cosmology might permit such a thing as magic :) Currently working on a new chapter about how the brain interfaces with the universe :)

I don't believe there is such a thing as the supernatural - but there are plenty of natural things that we don't yet understand...

 

Aibinuori

Neophyte
Joined
Oct 2, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Welcome! I'm a materialist magician, who's come at it from the other end; how physics and cosmology might permit such a thing as magic :) Currently working on a new chapter about how the brain interfaces with the universe :)

I don't believe there is such a thing as the supernatural - but there are plenty of natural things that we don't yet understand...

That perspective interests me a lot.

When you say you’re exploring how the brain interfaces with the universe, what do you currently think the minimum mechanism would have to be?

More importantly, what observation would distinguish a genuine brain environment interaction of that kind from ordinary cognition, probability, coincidence, expectation, or unconscious behavioral effects?

I’m particularly interested in models that can eventually make different predictions, because once two explanations predict different outcomes, we finally have something we can test.

I’d also be interested in reading the chapter when it’s ready.
 

vargr23

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 24, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
12
Welcome! I've only recently joined this site myself. I often work in the Quantum and Information models of Chaos Magic. I'm also interested in the mechanisms underlying consciousness and how they allow us to interface with the Universe to work our Will
 

Robert Ramsay

Apostle
Joined
Oct 1, 2023
Messages
1,830
Reaction score
4,320
Awards
13
My original sentence was a bit of a misnomer because it makes the mistake of implying that the brain is separate from the universe :)

A more accurate way of putting it would be 'how the brain works in the universe'.

A brief summary so far is imagining the multiverse as the biggest 'Choose Your Own Adventure' book ever. Every possible set of narratives/outcomes are recorded within, but we can only experience our individual path through them. Of course, there are many other versions of you that experience different paths :)

What it boils down to is that you do not change the universe; you choose to experience the version of the universe where the change is present. This applies to both normal and magical changes, just as Crowley's definition says.
 

vargr23

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 24, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
12
I think that our points of view are similar. I seek to influence the moment of decoherence of each superposition that is between me and the outcome that I'm working toward. I combine this with whatever work that I can do in the phenomenal world to maximize the probabilities in my favor.
 
Top