• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

How does one move from Golden Dawn to Solomonic Magic?

Reaction score
Awards
Are they two distinct separate paths?
How does one begin on the path of Solomonic Magic?
Do you stay on the Right Hand Path doing so?

I am currently a Zelator and aspire to climb the ranks of the Outer Order and the Inner Order. To know in order to serve.

My point ... It seems that it would be the next logical step, after mastering the Golden Dawn system of Magic, if I can before I pass away from this time and space / this Earth.

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Suprised you are asking this, if anyone you should be the expert on Golden Dawn right now mate.

Well, the original order wouldn't allow Solomonic workings until Adeptus Minor is what I am thinking. After all every grade prior is an introduction to a new element, therefore an aspect as well, so what I am trying to say is it could go wrong and you might suffer imbalances that would take longer time to fix.

Obviously no one is stopping you so there is that, but if you want to master Golden Dawn, well come back when you are at 7=4. 😆

Reaction score
Awards
Great point.
I honestly wouldn't consider it at least until 8=3 (Magister di Temples?) or Magus.
If one cannot control or invoke what he or she cannot banish, then they should take a good long look at my story in the Outer Order or Crowleys ending in the Inner Order.

Reaction score
Awards
True. Highest you can go as a self Initiate is Portal/pre Adept.
Post automatically merged:

At that point you can go into a temple order, but may need to start as a Neophyte. You may be able to pass examinations, but energies control might become an issue. There are no shortcuts in that system.

Last edited:

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Great point.
I honestly wouldn't consider it at least until 8=3 (Magister di Temples?) or Magus.
If one cannot control or invoke what he or she cannot banish, then they should take a good long look at my story in the Outer Order or Crowleys ending in the Inner Order.
Steve Savedow has a lot of writing about getting into Solomonic Grimoire work. See especially "Goetic Evocation." He might touch on where he stood in his tradition's hierarchy. I'm not sure that can be fine tuned too greatly. The first demons he conjured seemed little impressed by his credentials. (This in stark contrast to Lon Milo DuQuette whose chops apparently work like a cop flashing a badge.) His approach emphasizes 1) mastery of ritual (i.e., memorization by heart); 2) solid competence at banishing. If I recall correctly, GE had the standard ritual texts one uses for the Lesser Key's panoply of demons. If not, the grimoire itself contains said texts.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
after mastering the Golden Dawn system of Magic

For the first few years of the GD, it had instructors that could directly see the visualizations of the neophytes and therefore critique them

By the late 1890s the GD seemed to lack such competent instructors.

There were two quite good elderly GD magicians in Edinburgh in the 1970s. I did not detect any later magicians of that quality in the area.

I am not sure that mastery is possible from what remains of the GD system.

Most esoteric/magical institutions seem to be coming to their end - as is true of social institutions generally.

It is time for new wine in new bottles

WeirdGnome

Apprentice
Reaction score

I am currently a Zelator and aspire to climb the ranks of the Outer Order and the Inner Order. To know in order to serve.

My point ... It seems that it would be the next logical step, after mastering the Golden Dawn system of Magic, if I can before I pass away from this time and space / this Earth.
Well if you're interested in solomonic magick I would check out the work of Poke Runyon. There is no other living person available on earth who knows more on this topic. there are even some videos available on youtube. just search his name. I would stay away from savedow, his life was in misery the last time I checked,

Reaction score
Awards
Okay, someone has mentioned to me before an actual lodge that does the work. Ran by Runyon and his students.

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards

Definitely check out Dr. Stephen Skinner! any of is Solomonic Magick books are great tools. Also check out his many Solomonic Magick podcast's On Glitch Bottle YouTube Page.

Okay, someone has mentioned to me before an actual lodge that does the work. Ran by Runyon and his students.
I'm also a member of (The Order of Templars of Astarte, OTA) Poke Runyons .

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

WeirdGnome

Apprentice
Reaction score
How do you test the quality of Runyon's work?
The same way you check the quality of anything else. By trial and error. Personally I'm more than sure that he knows his shit, just check out his works.

I'm also a member of (The Order of Templars of Astarte, OTA) Poke Runyons .

So can you share your experience as an insider?

WeirdGnome

Apprentice
Reaction score
There certainly have been scientists, that for lack of any better option, have tested things on themselves. Mostly however that was seen as rather risky

Do wizards know how to test without personal risk?
One can watch on the proponent of method if he's balanced and has good life. That's why I'm not advocating for Savedow work because he was in misery and you can still hear him being interviewed at the hermetic hour couple of years ago. But there will always be risks, but hey to non stable individuals even christianity can be a curse.