• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

How many books are you reading this month?

Reaction score
Awards
I am reading 15 pp per book, and am reading books around 300pp or less, and ten books in total being read. Most are theoretical, so not practicing a lot outside of Golden Dawn type systems. It will take me on average 10-25 days to read the books. At 150 pages per day. So anywhere from one to ten. That is a minimum 360 books per year i will be reading. Some are divination centered, some energy work centered, some fitness/drama related, most magic related.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I just got a physical copy of 'By Names and Images' by Peregrin Wildoak and I've been devouring it.

The digital scan in the library here drops a lot of pages after about the page 198 mark and that's only like 50% of the book so I just had to get a copy.

It's an INCREDIBLE book on how to visualize everything in Golden Dawn style rituals while also giving a syllabus to go through the Outer Grades and of course it also breaks down the main rituals step by step with additional commentaries.

It just breaks down so many little details that get left out elsewhere. Like the visualizations of God forms it gives is awesome and I really enjoyed how in depth it went with The Analysis of the Keyword and LVX.

I'm kind of pairing it together with the Ritual Magic Manual by David Griffin which is also EXCELLENT and can be found here complete.

Imo a person wanting to Ascend the Tree of Life in a GD style will be able to get to Tipareth and Beyond with just these two books.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not sure. A lot of titles I download that I think to be books turn out to be pamphlet length. Figure three serious books. Typically 3 serious (2 magick; 1 history/culture/anthropology &c), plus one junk novel read in parallel with serious stuff. (Hey, even Sartre said, "I prefer reading trash to reading philosophy.")

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
So far I'm reading two.

One is "Butoh: Metamorphic Dance and Global Alchemy"(264 pages) and the other is "The Forge and The Crucible: The Origins and Structures of Alchemy"(238 pages).

I'm taking my sweet time reading each page, each line, making sure to properly understand everything rather than trying to read it quickly to finish the book soon.

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
3 magick books:
A.) Grimoire of the Shem - A System of Angel Magick by Nick Farrell
B.) Secret Angel Magick by Adam Glackthorne (Interesting read so far and finding the first couple of chapters setting the mood kind of funny. Priming the pump in a sense.)
C.) Angelic Trance Magick by Ben Woodcroft (Established contact and working with one angel so far.)

Will probably be reading/studying these for a while.

Last edited:

Signs & Sounds

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Not an occult or magic book per se but arguably related as it deals with altered states of consciousness
Reality Switch Technologies: Psychedelics as Tools for the Discovery and Exploration of New Worlds
-Andrew R. Gallimore

Next up is
Theurgy Theory and Practice: The Mysteries of the Ascent to the Divine
-P.D. Newman

Also
Alchemists Handbook -Frater Albertus

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Reality Switch Technologies: Psychedelics as Tools for the Discovery and Exploration of New Worlds
-Andrew R. Gallimore
Sounds really interesting. Might look at it and see if trance states could be used instead of psychedelics... :unsure:
Post automatically merged:

I'm still reading "Keeping Her Keys - An Introduction To Hekate’s Modern Witchcraft" which I haven't read in a while now.
The audiobook is on Everand/Scribd.

Last edited:

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Lords of the Left Hand Path by Stephen Flowers.

Aside from material gains, if one asks me why I am practicing at all, the answer is for sure individuation.

The concept of God I subscribe to is: "Is in everything, doesn't interfere, maybe its not even aware?".

Suppose a RHP person aims to dissolve into this unconcious, while LHP student would aim to be a supercell in this organism. I will just stop because I am sure I keep sounding sillier 😂.

Concentration by Mouni Sadhu.

I can not praise this book enough. Full of mental excersises that is honestly more helpful than most of occult books out there. No demons, no angels, just you and your mind.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Lords of the Left Hand Path by Stephen Flowers.

Aside from material gains, if one asks me why I am practicing at all, the answer is for sure individuation.

The concept of God I subscribe to is: "Is in everything, doesn't interfere, maybe its not even aware?".

Suppose a RHP person aims to dissolve into this unconcious, while LHP student would aim to be a supercell in this organism. I will just stop because I am sure I keep sounding sillier 😂.

Concentration by Mouni Sadhu.

I can not praise this book enough. Full of mental excersises that is honestly more helpful than most of occult books out there. No demons, no angels, just you and your mind.
There be LHPeers who'd aim at staging a coup. "Better to rule in Hell than serve in Heaven? Better to putsch oneself into power Up There too on the inside o' them Pearly Grates. As below so above, right?"

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Honestly since my miraculous visitation by my savior Jesus Christ last year
I rarely dabble into occult and in general anything related
I was reading like music text books lately a bit of gnostic stuff
Because I was doing it for so long an I got overwhelmed by it,

These are my last readings
Living gnosis by tau malachi
Divine alchemy by r.swineburne clymer
David Allen Neron - The Gnostic Jesus Christ & Yaldabaoth

I'm in a state like my vessle feeling full and also thirst for something new and at the same time don't know what to read...

Its like I will have more manly p hall days in my again
I recently found this title and I'm currently reading it
The Mystical Christ

I like how manly hall has short sentences truths in his writings that illuminates you quick and plain...

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I'm currently backtracking and trying to fill in foundational gaps I have missed in the past.

So I'm currently reading/studying The Neophyte Initiation Ritual within the Cicero's Self-Initiation into the Golden Dawn Tradition.

Let me tell you it's a bit overwhelming trying to get a handle on it and I can see why I skipped it in the past.

Plus there are pretty much ZERO videos anywhere where you can watch a single person or group perform it in it's entirety.

I'm trying to tackle it in bits.