Believe me that's the one I want! But $300 is a lot of money for an unemployed studentI haven't taken that course, and haven't even read its description. Overall, I'm a big fan of Jason's courses. I know he's a somewhat controversial figure, but I think he's one of the best teachers of practical magic out there. The courses I've taken from him have provided a very strong foundation for my further explorations and combine breadth, depth, and streamlined clarity, which is quite an accomplishment. That said, I'm a bit skeptical of his new material. He seems to be largely recycling his themes, which is pretty normal, and maybe this is a perspectival thing, representing the fact that I've already absorbed what I need to from him. In any case, if you're starting out I would consider his Strategic Sorcery course instead.
Has anyone bought the "your first 30 days of magic" course?
YOUR FIRST 30 DAYS OF MAGIC
TODAY CAN BE YOUR FIRST DAY OF MAGIC!
To too long ago the biggest problem someone wanting to study magic or witchcraft faced was finding any kind of information. Today the problem is the opposite: TOO MUCH INFORMATION and most of it bad.
This class separates the signal from the noise and gives you 30 pithy and practical lessons. One written e-mail lesson a day for thirty days.
Anyone that takes these lessons and does the exercises in them will have done more magic in one month than most manage in their first year.
All for Fifty Bucks!
The Strategic Sorcery Course
The Strategic Sorcery Course consists of 52 lessons in practical magic arriving one each week.
It also gives you access to the Strategic Sorcery community, one of the most productive and supportive groups of occultists on the internet.
Lesson list
Below is a list of the lessons that you will be getting week to week:
1. Meditation Part 1
2. Subtle Bodies and Channels
3. Zone Rites
4. Thought management
5. Offerings
6. Offerings 2
7. Subtle Body Power Centers
8. Prayer
9. The Elements
10. The Elements Part 2
11. The Planets
12. The Planets Part 2
13. Azoth
14. Materia Magica
15. Materia 2
16. Materia 3
17. Amulets and Talismans
18. Tools
19. Magic of Place
20. Dream Sorcery
21. The Planes
22. Astral Projection
23. Astral Mechanics
24. Artificial Spirits
25. Spirits of Place
26. Necromancy
27. Necromancy 2
28. Grimoire Spirits
29. Grimoire Spirits 2
30. Grimoire Spirits 3
31. SS Mini Grimoire
32. Spirit Houses
33. Meditation 2
34. 10 Principles of Strategic Sorcery
35. Set Point and how to Move it
36. Tactical Timing
37. Will and Willpower
38. Intelligence Gathering
39. Information Sorcery
40. Persona and Influence Work
41. Time Management
42. Strategic Sorcery Group Work
43. Healing
44. Attack Magick
45. Causal Level Magick
46. Financial Sorcery 1
47. Financial Sorcery 2
48. Financial Sorcery 3
49. Working for others
50. Sex Magic
51. Advancing the art of Magic
52. The Strategic Sorcerer
Take My Money!
Cost for the course is just $150 for the whole year – less than $3 a lesson!
Like I said about those, my main criticism is that it's stuff for you to do, not what he does.
Why do you think Jason Miller has something to teach you that you need to learn? Do you really think you're going to get more out of a $300 Zoom call than discovering these things some other way?
If you had to completely ignore the existence of books and classes, what stands out to you as a sign that Jason Miller is a magician?
There are dozens of magic people out there doing stuff, many of them have useful things to say.
This I wouldn't buy, personally. It's just looks like a load of pre-written emails? I'd just get a book.
This potentially looks a bit more interesting. I guess it would be depend on what extra material you got aside from his books, who else was doing it, what the quality of discussion is like in the private forums, and how much actual input you got from Jason Miller in the forums:
This is definitely a new type of opinion and I appreciate it so much! Of course I appreciate too the other ones ive received, but it's nice to hear good things too, ive found his book really helpful and guiding and that's why I wanted to try one of his courses, it's also very nice to hear the opinion of someone who's a practitioner and has experience on the type of work Jason does and to hear you validate it. I appreciate itOn what basis do you make that claim. My impression is exactly the opposite: he is teaching what he does. These are, by and large, understandings and systems that he has developed for himself and is now sharing with others.
Yes, absolutely. His courses helped me in significant ways, establishing me on a firm foundation that I had failed to find after years of reading all kinds of books, forums, etc. Jason has a broad and incisive perspective on magic, and he puts the heart of it into his courses. You might be able to assemble a similar understanding after years of putting things together yourself, but why would you do that? Connecting with directly with living teachers is an incredibly valuable thing, and quite frankly I find this hostility to the idea to be an emotional defect.
Maybe the fact that he also does sorcery for hire. But why would I ignore the books and classes? The fact that he is a magician is clear from the incisive way that he brings together the multiple traditions that he has learned and worked in. As a Vajrayana practitioner myself, I can tell you that the Vajrayana aspects of his work are accurate. He clearly did in fact go to India and practice ngakpa sorcery with several lamas there.
To some extent. But most of them haven't made it their business to develop the things they have to say into a coherent body of teachings that can take a person from newbie to journeyman. And of those who do offer courses, I personally find Jason's to be the richest and most valuable, but perhaps that is because I'm drawn to his cross-tradition syncretic approach.
Post automatically merged:
There is some overlap between the material in his books and in his courses, but there is a lot of valuable stuff in his courses that he does not put in his books.
The Strategic Sorcery course is great. Lots of material there that is not reproduced in a book. If he expanded on it a bit and published it as a book, it could be a modern version of Agrippa's Three Books. In general his courses involve alternating weeks of prepackaged lessons with Q&A sessions. I did not find the private forum discussions to be particularly instructive, but did help keep up motivation.
I have observed him for decades and read his materials. I don't currently have access to his class lessons, but there's a lot of stuff in there that I guarantee he wrote for the class and has never used or intended to use but just thought it was cool. The Cerberus thing comes to mind as an example. And it is cool, but it's something made for you, not for himself.On what basis do you make that claim. My impression is exactly the opposite: he is teaching what he does.
Living teachers, yes, that is great.Connecting with directly with living teachers is an incredibly valuable thing, and quite frankly I find this hostility to the idea to be an emotional defect.
"Sorcery for Hire" is usually a scam. Participating in a field that is overstuffed with fraud is not an indicator of success, to me.Maybe the fact that he also does sorcery for hire. But why would I ignore the books and classes?
Living teachers, yes, that is great.
Living teachers who charge money to teach? Ignore them.
I regard all people who charge for teaching as permanently expelled from consideration as legitimate magicians.
I suggest that ALL magicians be evaluated on what they do or have done, what they gain from it, and not at all from what they say or teach.