• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] King Trump

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
Does anyone feel Trump is going to take the final election without a vote miscalculation ordeal? He won the Iowa caucaus and the primary election.
If so, do you think he will proclaim himself as King of the United States, and turn the government into a theocracy? What if his heirs are sworn in as princes?
Does anyone feel like Prince Baron will be like Damien from The Omen?

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
He’s got a good chance of winning. Maybe he’ll be in jail by Election Day but I kinda doubt it. As for the rest of the stuff, no. He would need some diehard support throughout the military and intelligence establishment to pull that off. As it is they seem to merely tolerate him. His first term was pretty dysfunctional and the loyalty of his various cronies and appointees was never very solid. No, it will be another American presidency, which is to say, another exercise in depravity and corruption that enriches oligarchs while offering the masses nothing more than rhetoric and gestures. The liberals of course are always running around with their hair on fire, saying Trump is a Russian asset on the verge of introducing fascism; this has about as much connection with reality as QAnon.

Flavius

Neophyte
Reaction score
I think Trump does support the democratic process, unfortunately. I do not see the scenario you have there playing out. At best he will be celebrating a victory at the end of 2024.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Reaction score
Awards
Well, he did encourage an overthrowing of the government and obstructing the voting process.
So there is that. I really feel he wants to be on a throne wearing a crown, and have people kissing his ring.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
If so, do you think he will proclaim himself as King of the United States, and turn the government into a theocracy? What if his heirs are sworn in as princes?
It's not how tyrannies work

They work by pretending they're still democracies. Look at Putin, look at President Mugabe in Zimbabwe. He would continuing to call himself "democratically elected President" and assign that role all the powers he wants.

This - thinking a tyrant will call himself king - is exactly how coups and despots get away with it. The average American would not tolerate a king, that would be too much. They know they don't believe in monarchy. Their sense of pride would require them to rise up (which they don't actually want to do because it's scary and a lot of work). But if they can say "he's president, just like the long line of presidents before him" then they can retain their pride - save face - without having to rise up, whatever powers he gives himself.

For example - voter suppression. They don't actually say "we're banning poor people from voting because they won't vote for us". Instead, they make it so there's only one polling place in poor districts and it's a 2-hour drive away and the line is 6 hours long and then they say food vendors aren't allowed to set up near polling places. In practice, way more poor people don't vote in that area, because they can't spare the time, they can't get childcare to cover it, and their kid can't wait in line for 6 hours without food. But they're still technically legally allowed to vote. That's what the end of democracy looks like. (And if Trump is "democratically elected" in a country that makes it extremely difficult for key sections of the population to vote, then will you say "ah well, the people voted for it, how can I argue with that?")

Tyranny will creep up on you if you expect it to look on the surface like monarchy, theocracy etc. Look for the actual powers people have, and the actual effects of legislation, not just the name of the legislation on the surface.

Re: theocracy specifically, Trump isn't religious but he's easily manipulatable by anyone who flatters him, which the religious extremists know how to do. Eg Trump isn't personally against abortion (he's paid for plenty of them) but he's manipulated by religious people who are. He enabled the end of Roe v Wade - a goal of religious people that is undemocratic (the majority of US citizens want abortion to be legal, so banning it can only be achieved by undemocratic measures) but he didn't have to declare religious rule to do it - he just let religious people get control of the courts.

You can be living under a religious rule - theocracy - even while everything on the surface still pretends to be a constitutional democracy. Don't get fooled by the surface. Don't be "relieved" went Trump doesn't declare himself king or institute a theocracy. It doesn't mean you won't be living in one.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Pfft, everyone wants to be on a throne
and modern politics is some pseudo monarchy bs anyway
my favorite is "your excellency"
camera cuts to bro looks like a failed attempt of aliens trying to describe what passes for human beings.

some Habsburg shit right there think about it

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Does anyone feel Trump is going to take the final election without a vote miscalculation ordeal? He won the Iowa caucaus and the primary election.
Does anyone feel like Prince Baron will be like Damien from The Omen?
Calm down. 1) There is no way Trump votes are going to be correctly tabulated if there is danger he will come out ahead. The usual troves of mail in ballots will arrive providentially. 2) There are rumblings in the state security organs and military of keeping him out. 3) Trump is an unimaginative dinosaur who cannot conceive of any rulership much different than those he grew up with.

The real question for you should be who the Dem's will install. Biden is too old. Harris too flamingly incompetent. Get ready for Michelle Obama, I guess. Personally I am in favor of Harris: with her relative youth and energy, she will help bring things crashing down more quickly than any other candidate I can imagine. First the crash, then the sorting, no?

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
"As democracy is perfected, the office of the president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." - H.L. Menecken

Reaction score
I don't know too much about U.s politics but I'll throw you my high opinion

The inflationary crisis and lack of consumers in the U.S could definitely lead to some kind of solidification of bourgeois authority, but don't believe in the propaganda. The interests that make up the US states are strangling each other, one wants cheaper labor at the expense of labor, the other wants more consumers at the expense of petty capital. Donald trump, with his opposition to the expansion of social programs, could only become dictator if the need for artificially cheapened labor outgrows current US policies to the point where it must be enforced with measures not seen since FDR. Basically a reverse FDR. Unless the pendulum swings in the other way and capital needs to expand consumption to such a rapid degree that you just get FDR 2, hopefully in 3D.

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know too much about U.s politics but I'll throw you my high opinion

The inflationary crisis and lack of consumers in the U.S could definitely lead to some kind of solidification of bourgeois authority, but don't believe in the propaganda. The interests that make up the US states are strangling each other, one wants cheaper labor at the expense of labor, the other wants more consumers at the expense of petty capital. Donald trump, with his opposition to the expansion of social programs, could only become dictator if the need for artificially cheapened labor outgrows current US policies to the point where it must be enforced with measures not seen since FDR. Basically a reverse FDR. Unless the pendulum swings in the other way and capital needs to expand consumption to such a rapid degree that you just get FDR 2, hopefully in 3D.

This is more or less how I see it. The shifts between “democratic” and dictatorial forms in the state have more to do with the prevailing interests of capital at a given time. Much of what passes for politics has little more relevance than a WWE match.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Throwing my prediction into the air for shits and giggles: Haley becomes the President because she's gotten election funding and support from players in the MIC, and the Dems have probably pissed off enough people with their blatant criminality by now that the permanent bureaucracy decides to try the 'other face' for a while. The mainstream media would love Trump, maybe as VP, since he really boosted their ratings during his term as
. However, the actual occupant in the White House is meaningless, and they made their point by putting an Alzheimer's patient in the Oval Office for the past few years. And they rubbed it in your face too, basically telling you to go eat shit and die cause they got theirs, and they made you worry about things that don't matter.

Reaction score
Awards
Calm down. 1) There is no way Trump votes are going to be correctly tabulated if there is danger he will come out ahead. The usual troves of mail in ballots will arrive providentially. 2) There are rumblings in the state security organs and military of keeping him out. 3) Trump is an unimaginative dinosaur who cannot conceive of any rulership much different than those he grew up with.

The real question for you should be who the Dem's will install. Biden is too old. Harris too flamingly incompetent. Get ready for Michelle Obama, I guess. Personally I am in favor of Harris: with her relative youth and energy, she will help bring things crashing down more quickly than any other candidate I can imagine. First the crash, then the sorting, no?
Let's see...
Clintons are out ... Too many "accidents" with oppositions.
Kennedys are out, the closest descendent is as fruity as Trump
Didn't Carter have kids?

Flavius

Neophyte
Reaction score

I would think it would be a crash into a deeper spiral because people are not generally noble within. People do not know themselves, they are not centered, or self-disciplined and they are stuck in the materialistic worldview that has stained everyone born into these laical times of Modernity. It will be a sorting among the first among equals and the continued advance and manifestation of the plebeian worldview, like hard work, the nobility of work, social mobility (one of the many face of egalitarianism), and so on.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I would think it would be a crash into a deeper spiral because people are not generally noble within. People do not know themselves, they are not centered, or self-disciplined and they are stuck in the materialistic worldview that has stained everyone born into these laical times of Modernity. It will be a sorting among the first among equals and the continued advance and manifestation of the plebeian worldview, like hard work, the nobility of work, social mobility (one of the many face of egalitarianism), and so on.
We need a harder crash.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
"I never thought leopards would eat MY face" sobs woman who voted for Leopards-Eating-Faces Party.
I have been some truly s*** places in truly s*** lines of endeavor. I figgered out it don't take silver bullets to kill me long long ago. The fact that a course of action might cleanse the world of me does nothing to invalidate the necessity for that course. So save that brand of non-logic for Sophomore Pop-Philosophy 101 where it belongs.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I have been some truly s*** places in truly s*** lines of endeavor. I figgered out it don't take silver bullets to kill me long long ago. The fact that a course of action might cleanse the world of me does nothing to invalidate the necessity for that course. So save that brand of non-logic for Sophomore Pop-Philosophy 101 where it belongs.
OK, I get you. I just assumed that most people wouldn't want to be around when it happened. I know I wouldn't.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
OK, I get you. I just assumed that most people wouldn't want to be around when it happened. I know I wouldn't.
Well, yeah. Most folks wouldn't. That's probably the point. Bill Gates (whom I agree with precious little on) has been harping on a population reduction of 95%.

Reaction score
Awards
Well, my friend pointed out the upcoming shitstorm of the economy and the USD under Biden. He was right, whaddya know. Im inclined to vote Republican in this one, as long as someone else can exist on the ballot in a close margin besides Trump.