• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Make the Report button stand out from general main text

wizard003439

The Potential of Chaos Entropy
Joined
Jul 15, 2026
Messages
24
Reaction score
19
Maybe you lot are used to it by now, but I keep reading "Report" as additional statement to every forum post I read

It's actually quite humorous.

My main statement: however, I do think the minor font size difference doesn't make it stand out as its own entity properly.

Maybe an additional element like a separator line could suffice, if changing the font markup is not an option (I'd generally say don't fuck with it to begin with, but here I am typing this post).

I have no issues with it otherwise, it looks great, is instantly accessible, makes sense. All good. Just...

Edit: I now notice this is not as ambiguous if the person has a signature.
Edit 2: Maybe swapping Edit and Report works. Edit is a verb that doesn't get sucked into subtext as much (to me)

Report
 

Digiquo

Zealot
Joined
Nov 2, 2025
Messages
133
Reaction score
193
Awards
3
The end got a laugh out of me.

Edit: Constructively, I personally would group it with the other actions you can perform on somebody's message on the right hand side instead of being on the left.
 

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Joined
Apr 12, 2021
Messages
4,109
Reaction score
48,446
Awards
21
I don't know what you're talking about. It's not a button, everyone on the forum is collectively asking for your report. It was due last Thursday!

Report.

All jokes aside, this is actually a good idea. That section probably needs a separator. Might even be good to give it a small red icon so more people see and use the report function instead of replying with protests.

The end got a laugh out of me.

Edit: Constructively, I personally would group it with the other actions you can perform on somebody's message on the right hand side instead of being on the left.
User related functions are on the right, and moderation related functions are on the left. For normal users, it is only report, but there are other buttons that go on the right left hand side for users with elevated permissions.
 
Last edited:
Top