• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

My Central Content Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been producing content for the occult community for a bit now and I finally got my website up and running that hosts all of it.
On there you'll find all of the media content I've written, such as articles, guides, videos, a podcast, etc.
There's also a huge collection of Javascript web apps that are designed to be useful to anyone practicing magick. There's a tool that removes the vowels and duplicates from a statement, a barbarous mantra generator, a tarot reader, all sorts of stuff.
So please, check it out, let me know what you think.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Signs & Sounds

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
“Hi, I like to stick my Dick in this place” is kind of a weird intro imo, but since it seems relevant. Hi nice to meet you, I prefer to stick my dick into the holes of female humans exclusively. Now that we got that very very important information out of the way.
Cool site, technomancy is a super fascinating subject, I hope you decide to remain on WF and contribute here.

Blackrose00

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I looked at your site but it is simple, you should prepare a little more detailed
By the way, what is this lgbt thing?

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I think his site is fantastic. The only thing missing is one of these babies:

best-viewed-with-ie.png

:D

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I've been producing content for the occult community for a bit now and I finally got my website up and running that hosts all of it.
On there you'll find all of the media content I've written, such as articles, guides, videos, a podcast, etc.
There's also a huge collection of Javascript web apps that are designed to be useful to anyone practicing magick. There's a tool that removes the vowels and duplicates from a statement, a barbarous mantra generator, a tarot reader, all sorts of stuff.
So please, check it out, let me know what you think.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
Wow, that's a very retro website. Reminds me of the geocities/myspace era (early 2000s).

As others have mentioned already, it's poor form to come to a smallish community and then try to self promote and take a share of traffic for your own website/endeavour. It seems you already understand that, and are making an effort to actually contribute to this website too. That + the fact that your site does not have a forum has me in the mind to allow this thread to stay up, but PSA: I will never tolerate brainless shilling and self promoting someone's own website.

That being said, this thread has been derailed and is thus being closed.

Also guys, ease up. Some things are just jokes. By it's very nature of being as open as possible and allowing as many different viewpoints as possible, this site is never going to be a safe space for snowflakes. It is one thing to call someone anti-LGBTQ when they say something vile like "all queer people should be tortured and killed" and that type of hate and harassment will not be tolerated here and is against the rules, but someone jokingly saying "it's" while you might find that distasteful, it's a little ridiculous to call it "queerphobic". We're allowed to make jokes about any group of people here, like someone might joke about "shrimp on the barbie" for Australians. As long as it is not harassment or a severe insult, you're gonna have to sacrifice some of your feelings for the benefit of having an open and inclusive space where a variety of topics can be freely discussed, and yes, joked about within reason.

However I will also be straight with you - this forum has a lot of queerphobic and transphobic people on it, including the mods (as demonstrated by the super-repulsive use of "its" in the comment above mine).
But this is basically what I was talking about, your options are 1. Censor yourself, 2. Leave, 3. Stay and argue with random bigots? Which was why my advice was to choose between 1 and 2, cause... 3 seems like a bad time for no reason?

Don't let it turn you off the occult in general - this is a pretty small forum (I mean, unsurprisingly - they shoot themselves in the foot with this stuff. A tonne of potential users who are interested in the content leave because of the attitudes. It's usually much more dogwhistling than how they've reacted to you, to be fair, but you still pick up on it pretty quickly if you spend any time here).
@pixel_fortune I appreciate your defence of the forum's rules, but I am saddened and almost resentful with the sentiments quoted above. Firstly, yes, we do have a few jokesters here who might make a few uncomfortable jokes about your identity that you might not like, but they are just jokes, and unless you get super riled up and provide free entertainment for these people, they're never going to harass you. In fact, there's people like @Vandheer (jokester numero uno) who legitimately has one of the highest volume of actioned reports, because they actually use the report function when they see someone being actually harassed, or see actual rule breaking content and/or harassment on this forum. And those people who are actually much worse and come here to intentionally troll, elicit reactions, and otherwise contribute nothing - yes, might get a few more chances than they'd get on popular social media, because we here have a warning system that was meticulously designed to give people the chance to reform and be actual contributing members in the spirit of not censoring, and not stifling the openness of this community - but ultimately if they contribute nothing and only troll/insult/harass are quickly dispatched. The system we have here allows the trash to take itself out, and I believe is ultimately superior to just saying "oh no you can't talk/joke about that, these people's feelings are special and protected".

This is an old school forum, with old school values of moderation and openness, and you'll need to have a thick skin to thrive here. That being said, we have LGBTQ members on the very staff team you are criticising, and I myself have several loved ones who are LGBTQ. But still, we don't moderate based on feelings here. There have been many times where something discussed on the forum has hurt/angered me personally. I could have easily deleted and banned that content/person. But then what kind of example am I setting? And what kind of values and topics am I fostering here? You are here to discuss the permitted topics with the utmost freedom, not to yap about your identity with the utmost comfort. Remember that freedom always comes at the expense of a little comfort. And on that note, honestly, if you're insecure, or easily hurt about your identity... literally don't bring it up. Most of our personal identities are completely irrelevant to the discussions taking place on this forum. That's why this is an anonymous forum. You don't have to share your name, picture or identity, just your ideas on the subject matter of this forum.

It's a huge mistake to assume that this is facebook or some modern social media. This is a very different place. Your identity is not important here. You can be anonymous here. Your feelings are not protected here. You can make jokes here. This is not Queerforums, this is not personalityforums, this is WizardForums, and we have a set of topics that we stick to. We also have a set of rules that we stick to, beyond which we strive to be as free and open as possible.

Lastly, if anyone is actually harassing or insulting you use the report function. Trolls, repeat offenders etc are often driven away from this site by the actions of the mod team. The same way you note that some thin-skinned or snowflake type people leave this site quickly (that is fine btw - I am happy to be a small and open forum as opposed to a large but censored/biased forum) you would be remiss to not take note of just how many truly unsavory individuals have been driven away from here thanks to the diligent actions of the mod team. God knows if it was only me looking after this site it would be a less enjoyable place to be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.