• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

No resources witchery

Lila

Neophyte
Reaction score
Howdy folks! So I have moved far away from all my supports and knowledge resources, and I'm generally pretty limited on funds for at least the next few months. However, I've also committed to regrowing my spiritual practices. So much of the rituals and spells I review for use would require me to purchase items I cannot find - I don't even have vessels for regular offerings! As a reminder to myself and as a collaborative endeavor, I'd like to write out practices and engagements that requires few to no items.

Please participate by adding your own, sharing links to guides/free resources, or adjusting another's guide for fewer items!

Meditation
: Free, good for your mind and body, and you can do it so long as you've got somewhere to sit. There are hundreds of guided meditations for all sorts of goals and concepts. Meditation can furthermore heighten your intuition and deepen your connection with your guides/team.

I'm looking a making some of my own guided meditations because I have a decent working microphone. Their purpose would be fore me to use for me, but I'd probably put them on youtube anyway.

Journaling: Yes really. Among all the other psychological benefits, journaling can really help you define your intention. Free thought journaling* can also help you attune to your higher self. Even if you don't have a journal, you can write on any paper, on cardboard... techinally on the walls. There are all sorts of occult and witchy prompts.

Sigils: Sigil creation and crafting takes..... a pen/cil and paper. That's nearly nothing! Well, it takes time and focus as well, but is excellent for working through your motives and applying them practically. I've recently downloaded LTZ's Sigil writing book from libgen.is and it might be in the book section here as well.

Divination: While the Tarot has a deep and respectable history, it is by no means the only source of divination! Many forms can require low or no item commitment. One way is simply to... sit outside and listen after asking a clear and intentional question. Dreams can be another form of divination, requiring some prep work and sleep. Patterns in smoke, in tea leaves, in anything you're engaging with regularly. You can even create your own forms.

Kitchen Witchery: This one is a little heavier on the "stuff", but hey, you gotta eat! Every single thing you use in your kitchen has some specific aspect or association* with other energies and can be used as a foci for spellwork.

*One of my more annoying symptoms of my health condition is the inability to find the correct word in my mind. These denote such instances.

Tryp

Neophyte
Reaction score
I can imagine how limitations in tools and money can appear daunting to some, but I think there's more power to be found in smoke, dirt, blood and listening in silence than in any sort of apparel. Specially as far as witchcraft is concerned.

Spending some time empowering the mind's eye will pay off. There's a little essay in my bookmarks that you might find inspiring, about
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Lila

Neophyte
Reaction score
You can make talismans or similar from garden soil if it has clay like properties. Consecrate, carve, meditate ...and...away you go :)
Post automatically merged:

There is much magic in a piece of string or yarn.
I canna believe I neglected to write about knotwork!
Post automatically merged:

I can imagine how limitations in tools and money can appear daunting to some, but I think there's more power to be found in smoke, dirt, blood and listening in silence than in any sort of apparel. Specially as far as witchcraft is concerned.

Spending some time empowering the mind's eye will pay off. There's a little essay in my bookmarks that you might find inspiring, about
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
That was an interesting read. It reminds me of the things I am most connected with.

Last edited:

I_am_suprised

Neophyte
Reaction score
I'd say servitors. For me, servitors have been the most effective magick for external results. All you need is something to draw their sigil, somewhere to record the contract, and a vessel (which can be anything, including a body part).

I have seen rituals to make servitors full of candles, strings, and incense. But I have never used them.

Lila

Neophyte
Reaction score
I'd say servitors. For me, servitors have been the most effective magick for external results. All you need is something to draw their sigil, somewhere to record the contract, and a vessel (which can be anything, including a body part).

I have seen rituals to make servitors full of candles, strings, and incense. But I have never used them.
maybe I am used to different language, but what do you mean by servitors?

I_am_suprised

Neophyte
Reaction score
maybe I am used to different language, but what do you mean by servitors?
Basically constructed spirits. Some systems call them different things, but any artificial spirit is what I'm referring to. Magickal Servitors by Damon Brand and Create a Servitor by John Kreiter are two books that show you how to make them with little to no supplies. I generally combine techniques from both books.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I once was staying on a small sacred island and some people I did not know decided to come and stay in the house I was in - without permission from the owners.

So I generated an entity that stood above the public ferry jetty to keep them away - but did not tell the people. They rang the owners complaining that I would not let them on the island. Tough!

About midnight the deva over-lighting the island complained that my entity was not letting others on to the island either. So I took it down

It was simple geometry built with transpersonal light

Lila

Neophyte
Reaction score
Basically constructed spirits. Some systems call them different things, but any artificial spirit is what I'm referring to. Magickal Servitors by Damon Brand and Create a Servitor by John Kreiter are two books that show you how to make them with little to no supplies. I generally combine techniques from both books.
Thanks for that. I found both books on libgen.