• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Site Announcement] Paid Username Changes now possible on WF

Official Wizard Forums annoucement by staff.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Joined
Apr 12, 2021
Messages
4,113
Reaction score
48,456
Awards
21
Username changes are one of the things I am emailed and DM'd about the most. Several people even indicated that they wouldn't mind paying for it.

It was so easy to implement, I finally caved in and have allowed it now.

How to change your username:​

  1. Go to 'Account Upgrades' (Click: https://wizardforums.com/account/upgrades) and purchase either the 24h Permissions or 1 Year Permissions depending on what you feel like
  2. After completing the payment, go to your Profile > Account Details (Click: https://wizardforums.com/account/account-details)
  3. You should be able to see a 'Change' button next to your username
  4. Click that and change it

Note:​

  • Your previous usernames will be visible to staff forever
  • Your previous usernames will be visible to other members in a small section on your profile for 3 months to prevent abuse
  • You will not be able to pick a name that was used by another member in the last 2 weeks
  • If you face any issues, send me a DM or email, I haven't tested it extensively yet, so there may be some bugs
  • As with any type of payment made to WF, if you chargeback or request refund your account will be closed
  • I may add more restrictions after observing how the system is used for a while

FAQ​

Q. Why is it so expensive?
A. Because I hate the idea of username changes on forums, and I want to keep it somewhat prohibited.

Q. Will Benefactors be able to change their usernames?
A. No, they will have to purchase the username change as anyone else would. (watch this space 👀)

Q. Why is the purchase for a specific period instead of per username change?
A. Because I anticipate people being like "I accidentally misspelled it while changing.... noooooo". This way, you have 24h (at least) to notice any mistakes and correct them.

Q. Are they subscriptions like Benefactor? Will I be charged every month, year, day etc?
A. No, these are one time purchases and you do not have to worry about getting subscribed to them or recurring payments. If they expire and you'd like to change your username again, you'll have to manually purchase again same as above.


Any other questions or concerns, please let me know.
 
Last edited:

Aeternus

Disciple
Warned
Joined
Mar 21, 2024
Messages
756
Reaction score
1,592
Awards
13
Username changes are one of the things I am emailed and DM'd about the most. Several people even indicated that they wouldn't mind paying for it.

It was so easy to implement, I finally caved in and have allowed it now.

How to change your username:​

  1. Go to 'Account Upgrades' (Click: https://wizardforums.com/account/upgrades) and purchase either the 24h Permissions or 1 Year Permissions depending on what you feel like
  2. After completing the payment, go to your Profile > Account Details (Click: https://wizardforums.com/account/account-details)
  3. You should be able to see a 'Change' button next to your username
  4. Click that and change it

Note:​

  • Your previous usernames will be visible to staff forever
  • Your previous usernames will be visible to other members in a small section on your profile for 3 months to prevent abuse
  • You will not be able to pick a name that was used by another member in the last 2 weeks
  • If you face any issues, send me a DM or email, I haven't tested it extensively yet, so there may be some bugs
  • As with any type of payment made to WF, if you chargeback or request refund your account will be closed
  • I may add more restrictions after observing how the system is used for a while

FAQ​

Q. Why is it so expensive?
A. Because I hate the idea of username changes on forums, and I want to keep it somewhat prohibited.

Q. Will Benefactors be able to change their usernames?
A. No, they will have to purchase the username change as anyone else would.

Q. Why is the purchase for a specific period instead of per username change?
A. Because I anticipate people being like "I accidentally misspelled it while changing.... noooooo". This way, you have 24h (at least) to notice any mistakes and correct them.

Q. Are they subscriptions like Benefactor? Will I be charged every month, year, day etc?
A. No, these are one time purchases and you do not have to worry about getting subscribed to them or recurring payments. If they expire and you'd like to change your username again, you'll have to manually purchase again same as above.


Any other questions or concerns, please let me know.

I think it is a very important implementation to WF, especially for those who "desire an occult name", IMO, the name doesnt matter to me much as do the contributions made by the one behind the username (you can be called "Reverend Digitalus" but if you do not contribute in a qualitative way... the title is zero).

Returning on topic... I think a great suggestion is to implement, if possible forum-wise, the prohibition of changing the username to something offensive. I am talking like vulgar usernames or usernames who contain otherwise direct or indirect racial slurs, references to porn, hate speech and whatnot.
 
Top