• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Pathworking

gg93

Visitor
Joined
Mar 30, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
3
I personally love pathworking. Although I would never recommend it, as it can be dangerous and deceiving. Would love to hear some thoughts on the subject.
 

Morell

Apostle
Joined
Jul 5, 2024
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
5,017
Awards
21
I would not recommend my path either. Recommending alone feels like saying that it is fun... but if we love it, then it is worth it. It's worth all the joy and all the shit. Isn't it?
 

gg93

Visitor
Joined
Mar 30, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
3
I’m yet to have any luck with it
I wouldn't say it's about luck. It's more about having a lot of inner focus and a significant amount of discernment. Previous experiences with occult intelligences is advised.
 

Underlaws

Neophyte
Joined
Apr 8, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
19
What I’m about to say is somewhat unconventional, so take it for what it’s worth. I’m aware there’s a lot of debate about the most effective method of pathworking. Theodore Rose’s book, which Drezuli mentioned above, touches on that discussion to some extent.

That said, earlier this year I stumbled upon a lesser-known method that, as far as I can tell, isn’t usually framed in these terms, but arguably could be understood as a form of pathworking. In Brazil, particularly within Spiritism, a system of de-obsession and energetic treatment was developed called “apometry”. It’s a Brazilian method created within Spiritist circles.

Apometry uses finger snapping as a stimulus to induce an altered state of consciousness in the medium. Through rhythmic snaps combined with verbal commands, the practitioner can guide the subject into visualizations and experiential states that would typically be harder to access in ordinary waking consciousness. It’s worth noting that Spiritists justify this method within their doctrinal framework, which, in my view, often leans heavily on pseudoscientific explanations (there’s a persistent attempt to present these practices as something other than religion or esotericism, sometimes with rather unconvincing arguments).

Traditionally, the practice involves two people: one giving the commands and snapping their fingers, and the other (the medium) remaining relaxed and following the instructions internally. In practice, it can be quite potent. Nowadays, there are also self-application variants, using recordings that guide the practitioner through the process.

My impression is that the originator of this method drew significantly from hypnosis and adapted it for use within a Spiritist mediumistic framework. Whether one agrees with the underlying doctrine or not, the mechanics themselves can translate quite effectively into pathworking contexts.

Because it’s such a niche and culturally specific development, it hasn’t really spread internationally or been widely adopted outside Brazil. Still, I think it’s entirely possible to perform meaningful magical work using apometry as a method. It’s worth looking into.

I find this method effective for pathworking because it’s dynamic. You’re free to alter the course of the experience as it unfolds, so you can leave, go back, or disappear if needed. That’s quite different from the more fixed approach that Theodore Rose teaches. Here, you can actively engage with and shape the process.

Unfortunately, most of the available material is in Portuguese, but that’s not much of a barrier today with translation tools. For context, here’s a brief overview in English:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
 

skatedom

Apprentice
Joined
May 1, 2026
Messages
52
Reaction score
19
I've tried it a few times and haven't gotten any results.
 

solxyz

Zealot
Joined
Sep 9, 2023
Messages
191
Reaction score
321
Awards
3
What I’m about to say is somewhat unconventional, so take it for what it’s worth. I’m aware there’s a lot of debate about the most effective method of pathworking. Theodore Rose’s book, which Drezuli mentioned above, touches on that discussion to some extent.

Thanks to you and @Drezuli for suggesting this book. I had written it off prematurely (judging a book by its cover), but it turns out to have one of the most innovative and valuable discussions of pathworking technique I have come across - and I say that as someone who uses a lot of inner journeying in my own practice and often leads others in such journeys.

I haven't yet had a chance to try out any of the specific workings, so I can't yet report on their efficacy.
 

r4zorenigma

Zealot
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Messages
137
Reaction score
124
Awards
1
Since the majority of my magickal study besides my time in a Satanic coven is based on Hermetic and Kabbalistic magick.. You can imagine how much I have to say about a subject like this. I don't know if text would do the justice, and perhaps not everyone would read a long winded post reply on the subject.. So I will save the hassle of it potentially being overlooked.

What I will say is, pathworking holds many keys to building astral light and the ability to form powerful magickal wireframes in ones conscious mind. The biggest interference comes form loading our brains full of information that is useless and distracting ourselves with things that take ourselves out of the present.. and out of clarity. When one closes his eyes and quiets the mind, the mind should not be full of idle chatter or automatic themes playing about.. but it should be sound.. and thus can be utilized to build ones own inner temple.

The themes and lessons of such pathworking is very heavily studied yet not apparently stated in a fraternal order I've been apart of for many years.

I am interested in hearing more about your experience @gg93

A good technique that may help in creating the visual light necessary is-- think of an old home or previous home you lived in if applicable, imagine yourself walking around that place and touching, feeling and experiencing things there.. The more you get good at it, starta dding and taking away elements. Then study the paths and practice traversing the understanding as you go from sephirah to sephirah.
 
Top