• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Pendantic

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Very nice! How much did it end up costing, roughly? And what sort of grade of ruby is that? You'd think this would cost a fortune...

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks!
I got a batch of stones that have been cut and polished by hand. A close look will reveal that it's not the same as a ruby the queen of England would have in her crown 😅
The silver used is a very thin strip.
This isn't something someone would buy to flash (and that's also not what matters to me, i just enjoy making things myself)

All in all I'd say a couple of dollars.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
it's not the same as a ruby the queen of England would have in her crown
I mean I definitely noticed that... 😂 but still, under $20 for a ruby of that size + silver is honestly a good deal. If you make more, I reckon you could sell them for at least $50-100.

I was thinking of getting a small (2cm diameter) circular piece of low grade ruby/ruby+carbuncle mix, with the sign for Sol/Leo engraved on the front, and then set in a thin but sturdy gold backing with aldebaran talisman carved in the back... for a dual Sol + Aldebaran talisman type thing...

Somehow the costs in my part of the world just didn't seem worth it for the quality of the materials at the time.

I should look into it more.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
small (2cm diameter) circular piece of low grade ruby/ruby+carbuncle
Check Amazon fir that.
Gold, well, that's something else. It's waaaay more expensive than silver. Though I heard recently that in Thailand gold is supposed to be cheap? Dunno.

That talisman idea sounds dope.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Check Amazon fir that.
Wow, never knew that Ruby could be found on Amazon, but it actually is! Sadly doesn't ship to me... for now...

Gold, well, that's something else. It's waaaay more expensive than silver. Though I heard recently that in Thailand gold is supposed to be cheap? Dunno.
Well, tbh, I wasn't going to go for 24k gold... But it's definitely not something to purchase without deliberation and intent.

That talisman idea sounds dope.
Haha, thanks, I can't wait to make it.