When I first came across a recommendation for The Magickian I thought another book on the LRP!?! WHY???
Eventually I got around to getting it because I was looking for something, anything, to help me work around the issues I have with the xtian context of the LRP as given by the GD. Anyway, I was shocked at how much this book resonated with me and have adopted much of it into my practice. I've even gotten more of his books and like his writing and many of the methods.
It's not the first system I've worked with requiring the construction of an inner temple but it seems to "click" with me a bit better.
Anyway, it is very much along the psychological model which I'm not 100% sold on. Through lived experience I find myself more drawn to a blend of the psychological and spirit models of understanding magic.
From what little I've seen from folks who claim to have worked with Cooper's system it seems to be well regarded and useful.
Meanwhile I haven't done anything practical as of yet with it, but something about it just....well, clicks.
Any thoughts or experiences working with this?
Eventually I got around to getting it because I was looking for something, anything, to help me work around the issues I have with the xtian context of the LRP as given by the GD. Anyway, I was shocked at how much this book resonated with me and have adopted much of it into my practice. I've even gotten more of his books and like his writing and many of the methods.
It's not the first system I've worked with requiring the construction of an inner temple but it seems to "click" with me a bit better.
Anyway, it is very much along the psychological model which I'm not 100% sold on. Through lived experience I find myself more drawn to a blend of the psychological and spirit models of understanding magic.
From what little I've seen from folks who claim to have worked with Cooper's system it seems to be well regarded and useful.
Meanwhile I haven't done anything practical as of yet with it, but something about it just....well, clicks.
Any thoughts or experiences working with this?